Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Medicinal qualities
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Dr Magnan's Lab
BigMike
Morning all, I'm off work today because I have a badly sprained ankle. Don't worry though, I'm not after sympathy and if I was then this is the last place I'd expect to get any.

We all (should) know that absinthe was originally created to be a medicine/tonic, so my question today is:-

How much absinthe do I have to drink until I can walk again?

Answers written on the labels of full bottles of absinthe please and posted to PO box 465, Staines, Middlesex, TW19 8RD.

There will be a prize for the person who sends the most entries.

Don't just sit there! Get sending!
rjordan
If you drink too much absinthe you won't be walking at all...more like crawling and then puking and then passing out.(hopefully in that order)((and no, I'm not sending my answer on a bottle: full or empty)).

gun thug.gif
hartsmar
QUOTE (BigMike @ Nov 16 2004, 02:15 AM)
PO box 465, Stain(e)s, Middlesex, TW19 8RD.

That's where Absomphe should live, eh?

BigMike
QUOTE (rjordan @ Nov 16 2004, 11:31 AM)
If you drink too much absinthe you won't be walking at all...

You can trust me to administer the correct dosage to enable the healing process to take place and not reduce me to a gibbering wreck.

But I can't administer what I don't have, and you won't win the grand prize if you don't enter the competition.

So get sending!!

hartsmar
I think I might have some Hill's and Perigan to spare...

I bet you that will get you up and running in no time!
Rabelais
Middlesex

Is that like in menage a trois ? w00t2.gif
BigMike
I think I might have some Hill's and Perigan to spare...

I'm sure they both have excellent uses as rubbing alcohol!

Is that like in menage a trois ? 

Depends who's asking.

Absomphe
QUOTE (hartsmar @ Nov 16 2004, 03:43 AM)
PO box 465, Stain(e)s, Middlesex, TW19 8RD.

That's where Absomphe should live, eh?

Any place with" sex" and "staines" incorporated into its name can't be all bad!
traineraz
I have some Tunel Black still kickin' around . . .
pierreverte
are you east or west staines posse?
Symbiote
When I bought Arak for the first time the store owner couldn't believe someone was buying his favorite alcohol. He is Lebanese and imports the stuff for his friends and family. He told me how his mother used to rub it on his stomach to cure stomach aches and on his head to cure headaches. He swears this works and he still does it to this day.

Oh and he only drinks it neat.
traineraz
If absinthe can't fix ya, I bet these fellas can:

user posted image
Fizzle
Take it from someone who has frequent flyer points in the ER. Percocet works much better than alcohol for sprains, breaks, tears, etc.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (traineraz @ Nov 16 2004, 11:52 AM)
If absinthe can't fix ya, I bet these fellas can...

No more trippin' balz for him.
morgueann
Any excuse to get sloshed.

Just anything.

user posted image
BigMike
QUOTE (pierreverte @ Nov 16 2004, 05:47 PM)
are you east or west staines posse?

North Staines actually. We're the ones who are keeping it real not those shandy lightweight east and west stainers! viking_emoticon.gif
Hiram
Restecp!
traineraz
QUOTE (Fizzle @ Nov 16 2004, 10:14 AM)
Take it from someone who has frequent flyer points in the ER. Percocet works much better than alcohol for sprains, breaks, tears, etc.

Prolly onacuz alcohol causes inflammation, eh?
Fizzle
That might have something to do with it.

Big Mike: How did you hurt your ankle? Sports? Fight? Saving children from a burning building?
Conju
I'll bet he got drunk and ran into a door.
Absomphe
From the way he's described himself, I would think the door would lose such an encounter.

Grim
Could be worse... you could have nose-dived off a first story balcony.
BigMike
QUOTE (Fizzle @ Nov 17 2004, 02:09 AM)
Big Mike: How did you hurt your ankle? Sports? Fight? Saving children from a burning building?

Actually I had just left work, and was walking to my motorbike along a dark stretch of road when I fell down a pothole. I lay in the road for a good 10 minutes before someone found me and helped me up. The ankle swelled to the size of a grapefruit and went numb, so I rode home slowly and then got my girlfriend to take me to casualty (ER for you yanks) for an x-ray. It's not broken, but I still can't walk on it much... at least I can hobble to the bathroom though.

The stupid thing is, the reason my bike was parked down this dark road was that the previous week I got a parking fine for parking in the motorcycle parking bay without displaying a ticket, so now I have to decide whether to sue the local council because a) they forced me to park somewhere dangerous and b) it's their job to make the roads safe and they're blatantly not.

Ho hum.

Oh and thanks to absomphe, you made me laugh out loud for the first time today.
Touch-money
Think if I pour absinthe over my hard drive that just crashed it will work like new again? After all it is medicinal.
sevenscarabs
QUOTE (BigMike @ Nov 17 2004, 01:17 AM)
I lay in the road for a good 10 minutes before someone found me and helped me up.

What are you, nuts?

I got hit by a truck a couple years back, and still managed to drag my sorry ass out of the road in a hurry. Are you suicidal? Or was it just a very deserted road?
BigMike
QUOTE (sevenscarabs @ Nov 17 2004, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (BigMike @ Nov 17 2004, 01:17 AM)
I lay in the road for a good 10 minutes before someone found me and helped me up.

What are you, nuts?

I don't think I'm nuts. It was a very deserted road at the back of a parade of shops (strip-mall I think is the US term).

Had something come along I could have possibly rolled up onto the pavement, but at the time I really just wanted to attract people's attention.

Today I've managed to hobble down the stairs and back up again! So the ankle is getting better. Yay for me!
Absomphe
QUOTE (BigMike @ Nov 17 2004, 02:17 AM)

Oh and thanks to absomphe, you made me laugh out loud for the first time today.

You're more than welcome, Mike.

I can still remember the pain in my ankle, when a similar misstep I took 17 years ago, caused it to swell to the size of a grapefruit. It wasn't broken either, but instead of resting it, I hobblede around on it for three weeks, before the swelling went down. It's never been the same since.

Speedy recovery, Mate!
BigMike
With that in mind, I'm having tomorrow off work too.

I'll go on friday though else I can't take monday and tuesday off as annual leave. I'll just have to not walk about very much.
verbal_kraze
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Nov 17 2004, 05:33 AM)
Think if I pour absinthe over my hard drive that just crashed it will work like new again? After all it is medicinal.

It depends. If a Worm caused your computer to crash, it might work. Wormwood was often used to get rid of worms. If it crashed due to a virus of hardware failure, I think you're SOL.
Touch-money
I think it over heated. That's why I thought a cool glass of absinthe would help it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.