Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inside the Holy of Holies....
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Oxygenee
Peter and I just returned from a few days in Pontarlier and the Val de Travers. In between the usual non-stop wining and dining (veal sweatbreads en croute, lobster, pheasant, a Chateau Montrose 1990 that, in Peter's words, definitely didn't suck) we managed to squeeze in a little "work". For the first time, we were able to get permission to visit the old Pernod factory, and photograph the interior - as far as I know, the first time Nestle have allowed this. More details here: http://www.oxygenee.com/absinthePONTARLIER2.html

Absomphe
Thanks for the pics, Oxy! abs-cheers.gif

The interior resembles nothing so much as a desolate parking garage, but as long as the stills were saved, a line of Worf's from Star Trek the Next Generation comes to mind:

"The body is just an empty shell. Do with it what you will."

Or what Nestle will, in this case.
templar
Those interior shots sort of reminded me of that Geraldo Rivera special about Al Capone's Safe. We really hoped we'd see something more than dust!!

Templar
jacflash
Wow, cool stuff. Thanks for the virtual tour, Oxy. abs-cheers.gif
hartsmar
Wonderful! The photo of the door leading to a passageway, or other rooms (can't tell) reminds a lot of the doorway in the old photo with all the crates marked with their respective country of destination...

Guess you had a good time. Atleast I have as much snow here... That's about the only resemblance.
Artemis
QUOTE (templar @ Feb 23 2005, 01:30 AM)
Those interior shots sort of reminded me of that Geraldo Rivera special about Al Capone's Safe. We really hoped we'd see something more than dust!!

How dare they not take along a camera that takes pictures of 1905!! They should be forced to go back and ask some of the more comely Nestle employees to strip down and pose for our photographic edification.
Kirk
QUOTE (templar @ Feb 22 2005, 12:30 PM)
reminded me of that Geraldo Rivera special about Al Capone's Safe.

Yeah, only this was interesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.