Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lautrec
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
Nate
http://nga.gov/exhibitions/toulouseinfo.shtm

Chaz and I are probably going to check this out... Anyone else in the area up for it?
archangelica
Looks like a fun exhibition, but DC is a bit of a hike for me. When you go, would you mind asking if it will be traveling to any other cities after June 12th?
grey boy
Art Institute of Chicago, July 16 through October 10, 2005.
That's definitely not near to Boston.
Breson
I am an hour from DC, I'm game
Nate
Rockin' like Dokken. We're heading up there Sunday actually.
archangelica
QUOTE (grey boy @ Mar 30 2005, 03:17 PM)
Art Institute of Chicago, July 16 through October 10, 2005.
That's definitely not near to Boston.

Drat.
Oh well... at least we have a fabulously exciting quilt exhibition to look forward to here. frusty.gif
grey boy
OH!!!!!
Rockwell and the Red Sox!!!! litter-box.gif
Nate
The exibit was pretty cool. Got myself a Chat Noir poster while I was at it.

I did see something that might have some relevance to this forum...

I remember a while back some people on here were discussing whether red absinthes existed or not and someone popped up with a painting of one.

I wasn't entirely convinced, but today I saw a different painting that wasn't really advertising a particular absinthe, but did picture someone looking contemplative with a decanter and a glass of something that was a slightly milky red/orange. Thought that was interesting.
hartsmar
Here, have a look a bit down the page,"L'Assiette au Beurre, 1904" and "Le Monde Illustré 1892"...

http://www.oxygenee.com/absintheBOOKS6.html

Head_prosthesis
I found this in a frenchy
magazine I picked up today...
hartsmar
Gives a whole new edge to flaming absinth...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.