Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any interest in buying some pre-ban Pernod (25ml)
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Pages: 1, 2, 3
jmfranc
Haven't recieved it yet but wanted to know if there is any interest here...

Perfect bottle, very slight shrinkage. I still have to check if it's contents are as expected. Just laying some ground work....

It would be around $95 plus shipping from New Orleans....
Deluge
April Fools?

jmfranc
QUOTE (Deluge @ Apr 5 2005, 12:30 PM)
April Fools?

No....but I have to wait till I get the bottle and sample it.
Greenmeanie
Opie.
brucer
I would be interested to know what it tastes like. A lot of people say that Pernod was “the best”, but I wonder. It was the most prestigious, and was “real” “quality” absinthe, but then people say that about Moet & Chandon champagne, or Mouton Cadet claret, or Budweiser beer, or MacDonald’s hamburgers, etc.

I wonder if it really was the tops, or just prestigious and best marketed. You wouldn’t choose a bottle of (post-1961) Moet & Chandon NV if you had the choice of Krug NV instead, would you ?

See what I mean ?

Bruce
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 12:27 PM)
...very slight shrinkage.

Better stay out of the cold water.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (brucer @ Apr 5 2005, 12:47 PM)
I would be interested to know what it tastes like.

I'd like to know what it tasted like in 1905. Maybe...oh, forget it.
hartsmar
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 09:27 AM)
Haven't recieved it yet but wanted to know if there is any interest here...

Perfect bottle, very slight shrinkage. I still have to check if it's contents are as expected. Just laying some ground work....

It would be around $95 plus shipping from New Orleans....

25ml, already with some vaporized, and you taking a sample... What would there be left?

Is this an original bottle? 25 ml vintage bottles?

Grim
Fuck off jm... you fucked up enough of my time already.

Drink the PF and learn something from it.
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 01:24 PM)
Fuck off jm... you fucked up enough of my time already.

Drink the PF and learn something from it.

Then stop reading this thread asshole....not very difficult.....
Grim
hahahhh. What are trying to do? Reach out? Recover from the stumble you've been on for three+ days? What am I gonna do with 25ml? Set a cup and sugar on fire?
Kirk
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 01:38 PM)

Then stop reading this thread asshole....not very difficult.....

shock.gif
Grim
PS fuckwad, if you have a 25 ml of Preban, I'd say the bottle is worth more... since I've never heard of a mignonette of that period that is 25 ml.
Grim
But hey, maybe between glasses of Sebor you hit it lucky.
JAMBO!!!
For what it's worth I assumed that he was doling out 25 ml portions from a larger bottle.

Not using a pipette to dispense portions from a 25 ml bottle.

But since it seems that there may be a less-than exemplary history with this individual of which I am not aware....so take the above with a grain of salt and a rack of p'ok.
Grim
I'm not saying to trust/disavow this person, do what you will.
jacal01
Well, happy birfday, JAMBO!

See, I do pay attention.

hartsmar
JAMBO, I think you're right.

I guess I misunderstood.
Either way, I think that selling stuff like this in here would actually first require to check with the admins that it's ok to do so.

Don't know if you did, jmf. If you did, that's good. If not, I'd check that.

It would be nice to see photos of the actual bottle once you get hold of it though.

JAMBO!!!
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 03:45 PM)

I usually do! And it's not worth $100 to me to get a mouthful of preban stuff.
JAMBO!!!
QUOTE (jacal01 @ Apr 5 2005, 03:49 PM)
Well, happy birfday, JAMBO!

See, I do pay attention.

Thank you. Thankyouverrymuch!
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 02:09 PM)

lemur.gif

You have proved that you are the fuckwad....

Unfortunately, Sebor has more character than you....and more class....and that's not saying much....
jmfranc
QUOTE (JAMBO!!! @ Apr 5 2005, 02:38 PM)
For what it's worth I assumed that he was doling out 25 ml portions from a larger bottle.

That's correct. Full size bottle. Doled out in 25ml bottles....
jmfranc
QUOTE (JAMBO!!! @ Apr 5 2005, 02:57 PM)

There's a very easy answer....don't buy any. frusty.gif

I'm paying over $2000 for this bottle and thought I might offer some samples here....
hartsmar
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 12:24 PM)
Unfortunately, Sebor has more character than you....and more class....and that's not saying much....

Martin Sebor doesn't have much character any more though.

JAMBO!!!
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 04:28 PM)
I usually do!  And it's not worth $100 to me to get a mouthful of preban stuff.

There's a very easy answer....don't buy any. frusty.gif

I'm paying over $2000 for this bottle and thought I might offer some samples here....

Ease up on the attitude!

Stating my opinion. And among the many orders you won't get, you can proudly count mine as well!

Lighten up or switch to decaf or something, jm...I'm not whipping on you.
hartsmar
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 12:28 PM)

You have to understand that people in here have the right to be very suspecious.

Paying $95 for 25 ml of absinthe from a source that they know nothing about... It could be anything, really.

You wouldn't be the first ever to try and rip people off...

And you didn't exactly show your best side here from the start.
Grim
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 02:09 PM)

lemur.gif

You have proved that you are the fuckwad....

I could give a fuck about class, shitstick. If I did, I still wouldn't find it in handouts from you... beat your drum, it's hollow like your skull.

I don't like shilling, especially unsanctioned shill-jobs feigning to be a "collector." Offer us pics of Pernod 68 and empty bottles of Sebor... I don't trust you. Not my fault. Work on your act.
Ari
Forget decaf, I would say don't sniff the white powder anymore.

Character? This is coming from a person who bought two sebor bottles. pirate2.gif

I hope you enjoy your purchase, but with the attitude you keep giving people I don't think anyone else will be enjoying it with you.
thegreenimp
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 02:28 PM)

How altruistic of you.

Btw. Douchebag, take my Herbsaint photo off your webpage, you do not have my permission to use the image.
archangelica
Ok, you've caught me in one of my "nice" moods, so try to take this at face value.

I think if the offer were coming from one of the "elders" of this forum, the answer from most people here would be "yes, I'm interested", however, based on the fact that we really don't know much about you (and what you have shown about yourself in other threads hardly bodes well to your credibility), I don't think you are going to find many takers.

Looking at this from a purely objective point of view: If someone completely unknown came in to this forum and posted that he had a pre-ban bottle that he was looking to sell off in sample sizes, I think many people would be a more than a little skeptical. It's just far too easy for a con artist to "borrow" a few photos from other websites to "prove" the bottle is real, and then after sending out enough 25ml bottles of some swill pull the old disappearing act.

No, I'm not saying that this is what you're doing, but at the same time, considering that your first post here was one asking where you might obtain a bottle of vintage absinthe, it seems a bit unlikely that within a week you are now in a position to start selling samples of pre-ban Pernod.

JAMBO!!!
QUOTE (JAMBO!!! @ Apr 5 2005, 03:38 PM)

But since it seems that there may be a less-than exemplary history with this individual of which I am not aware....so take the above with a grain of salt and a rack of p'ok.

Yikes!

I just went back and reread jm's entry into the board.... shock.gif
jmfranc
QUOTE (thegreenimp @ Apr 5 2005, 04:18 PM)
Btw. Douchebag, take my Herbsaint photo off your webpage, you do not have my permission to use the image.

Don't know what you are talking about..... harhar.gif
jmfranc
QUOTE (archangelica @ Apr 5 2005, 04:26 PM)
Ok, you've caught me in one of my "nice" moods, so try to take this at face value.

I have already had a good number of people ask about the samples but I can't commit untill I try it. Could be vinegar by now.

Here's some pictures:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

If you want any HUGE versions of these, just let me know.

Jim

jmfranc

It's really about $110 including shipping. Depends how many samples I can get out of it. Any guesses?
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 04:02 PM)
I don't like shilling, especially unsanctioned shill-jobs feigning to be a "collector." Offer us pics of Pernod 68 and empty bottles of Sebor... I don't trust you. Not my fault. Work on your act.

I'm sure the first absinthe you ever tried was at least as good as Un Emile and Nouvelle-Orléans...God forbind you drink anything but the absolute best. I had to start somewhere and Sebor was it. I didn't care for it, but it was a start. I appriciate my favs much more these days because of it.
jmfranc
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 05:27 PM)
Here's some pictures:

Anyone able to ID this bottle to a more specific date? The closest I have right now is between 1900 - 1910.
Breson
Will you accept a thrid party out of state check?
G&C
That bottle looks familiar.
Icarus
Funny how those pics look familiar...

I got lots more from the last time this bottle was "presented" here.

Admin feel like doing an IP match?
jmfranc
QUOTE (Green & Cloudy @ Apr 5 2005, 05:43 PM)
That bottle looks familiar.

Thats who I bought it from.
jmfranc
QUOTE (Icarus @ Apr 5 2005, 05:47 PM)
I got lots more from the last time this bottle was "presented" here.

And when would that be? A week ago?
Grim
Now I remember you, shithead... you were here last year peddling that bottle. Bought a bottle of vintage? I fucking think not! Now maybe you purchased it OR you're the same fuckhead I talked to AND suggested selling samples! If you are, fess up... if not... you better explain how you acquired it.

And guess what, asshole, the signature on the e-mail was "Jim."
G&C
...Only the Shadow knows.
Brett
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 02:29 PM)

It's really about $110 including shipping. Depends how many samples I can get out of it. Any guesses?

Woah! Your initial post said $95. Which is it?

I have a guess as to how much you can get.

750/25 = 30 roughly, before you account for evaporation. Or is that too obvious?

Would you buy alcohol of unknown origin off some stranger off the street? I wouldn't. So why would I buy this from you?
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 05:49 PM)
Now I remember you, shithead... you were here last year peddling that bottle. Bought a bottle of vintage? I fucking think not! Now maybe you purchased it OR you're the same fuckhead I talked to AND suggested selling samples! If you are, fess up... if not... you better explain how you acquired it.

Saw a post last weekend....emailed about it...talked to him on the phone.....made purchase. Getting bottle very soon.

I am new to this board, I've never had any pre-ban in my possession.

How long has he been trying to sell it? I was told he just started trying to sell it and I was the first to email him. He's in North or South Carolina....not sure. His name is James ....

And do you mind not calling me shithead?
G&C
QUOTE (Green & Cloudy @ Apr 5 2005, 02:51 PM)
...Only the Shadow knows.

Is that not a liter bottle?
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 5 2005, 05:49 PM)
And guess what, asshole, the signature on the e-mail was "Jim."

That's about right, his name is James. And mine is Jim (or James, or Jimmy, not too formal around here)
Icarus
There's a bit of evaporation, So I'd assume 23 samples.

23 (or 25 if he waters the shit down) x $110 sounds like a decent profit for a shitty little shill.

This shit chaps my ass to no end.
We are absintheurs, not fools waiting to be relieved of our money.
grey boy
QUOTE (jmfranc @ Apr 5 2005, 05:52 PM)
Saw a post last weekend....emailed about it...talked to him on the phone.....made purchase. Getting bottle very soon.

How long has he been trying to sell it? I was told he just started trying to sell it and I was the first to email him. He's in North or South Carolina....not sure. His name is James ....

And do you mind not calling me shithead?

Shithead
Brett
Yeah, but he was advertising $95 in his first post in the thread. His price has gone up for no explicable reason; it certainly wasn't because of demand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.