Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hills Absinth
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide
Artemis
According to http://www.laboheme.uk.com/

"Hills absinthe is made with herbal extracts, the main herb being wormwood (Artemisia absinthium). An emerald green absinthe drink with a distinctive bitter taste. Manufactured in the Czech Republic by Hills since 1920. Czech absinthe with the original Czech label.

AVERAGE SCORE 11

Reviewed by Hartsmar 3/19/2005

COLOR BEFORE WATER 1/10
Bluish green. Very pale, cold and artificial.

LOUCHE ACTION 0/10
No louche at all.

COLOR AFTER WATER 0/10
What color? This is water with a slight touch of blue.

AROMA 6/30
Chewing gum and Windex in perfect harmony with a heavy smell of bad alcohol. After adding water nothing happened except the "sensation" was thinned out.

MOUTH-FEEL 3/10
A visit to the dentist has more mouth-feel than this.

TASTE 3/20
Still, chewing gum and alcohol. No more, no less.

OVERALL IMPRESSION impression 2/10
Why?!

Hartsmar scores Hills Absinth 15 out of 100

Reviewed by absinthist 5/13/2008

COLOR BEFORE WATER 1/10
After so many years, it has faded a bit and is more on the bluish side, hence the score is too obvious. Purely artificial, if the information is given on the back label and for that 1 point-they are not hiding that.

LOUCHE ACTION 0/10
I don't recall it has ever louched, but I have given it a try using Tits Frozen Waer™.
1:1-none
1:2-none
1:3-none

no need for further tries.

COLOR AFTER WATER 1/10
Colourless with the faintest blue. Looks like vodka.

AROMA 3/30
Very poorly rectified lih, mint bubble gum, the essence of being artificial, it smells Pere Kermann akin. Unpleasant.

MOUTH-FEEL 1/10
Nasty and artificial

TASTE 1/20
Neat: alcoholic bubble gum, very uninviting. Watered: minty, horrid, sugar gets dominant

OVERALL IMPRESSION 0/10
Lack of thereof. Gorzka Żołądkowa z miętą tastes similar and is much cheaper and I do not drink it, either.

absinthist scores Hill's Absinth 7 out of 100
Bruno Rygseck

OVERALL IMPRESSION impression 2/10
Why?!

For shooting from a film can. Hilarious.

absinthist
Works as an aphrodisiac, frat-girl has had an orgasm, or so it looked.

Maybe I should finally open my vintage Hill's? harhar.gif Hell, yes, an ad hoc review evill.gif
OCvertDe
Just for the humor alone, our BG is well worth reading from beginning to end.
Absomphe
Very generous score, Boggy. chickawow.gif
hartsmar
Updated...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.