Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motherfucker...
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Corn Hole
AndrewT
I woke up this morning and headed out to my car. Noticed there was something sharp that I was sitting on. Turned out to be broken glass. Someone lobbed a large rock through my rear window. Due to the fact that it bent the frame holding the window in place, punctured the leather on the back seat, and scratched the paint, repairs come out to just under $3000. Luckily, insurance will cover most of that, but I can't get it replaced until next week and it will take a few days. Until then I have it covered with plastic and duct tape, and I just have to hope it doesn't rain too hard until then. I also had to call off work to spend most of my morning cleaning 20 pounds or so of glass out of my back seat.

Needless to say, I wasn't exactly in the best mental state to give a 2 hour concert tonight, but you can't back out of that kind of thing the day of. *sigh*

user posted image
(Before, obviously)
la mort tchèque
At least you don't live in Uzbekistan, which is a plus. I am sorry about that, it must really suck.
grey boy
Or Carjackistan, or Buttfuckistan, whatever.
AT got screwed. As a musician this crap plays with your mental state and makes an evening's performance difficult.
I hope your night went well AT and you worked through it.
jacal01
What did you do to piss sombody off? Or can't you remember?
AndrewT
Honestly there's not a person in the world I consider to be an enemy. I'm at least cordial with people I dislike, and nobody has shown any signs of contempt or hatred to my face. I can only assume it was some fuck-off who wanted to ruin something pretty.
jacal01
Didn't your mama teach you not to flaunt the affluence? At least not without living in a gated community.

Probably drunk on beer.
AndrewT
Nah, my mom's got a nicer Mercedes than I do. Of course, my parents live in the DC area, where Mercedes are a pretty middle-class car.
Grim
I'd say it's because you button the top button of your polo-shirts... snob. abs-cheers.gif
AndrewT
I don't have any sexy chest hair to flaunt, so why bother? And buttoned-up polo shirts are a field day compared to tux shirts.
grey boy
Don't let strange looking guys borrow your car again.
Grim
Especially if they're going to have a hobo take photos of 'em pissin' on the inside of your car door... that's just wrong.
AndrewT
Nothing wrong with marking the ol' territory every once in a while...
jacal01
Oh fudge. Not again.
jacal01
I'm thinking it goes beyond that. The love of a man and his machine... harhar.gif
AndrewT
Nah, there aren't any good places to put it ther--- I mean, I would never do something like that. My girlfriend would be horrified, next time I inflate her.
Grim
Does she have an inlet for pursing your dericious™ lips against? Tube-shaped? Wrinkly and battlescarred like CGs?
jacal01
Why would you want to even tell her?? Do you have like a confrontation every time you go parking?
celticgent
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Apr 21 2005, 10:28 PM)
Does she have an inlet for pursing your dericious™ lips against? Tube-shaped? Wrinkly and battlescarred like CGs?

who have you been talking to?
Breson
QUOTE (AndrewT @ Apr 21 2005, 09:19 PM)
Honestly there's not a person in the world I consider to be an enemy. I'm at least cordial with people I dislike, and nobody has shown any signs of contempt or hatred to my face. I can only assume it was some fuck-off who wanted to ruin something pretty.

The sad thing is that most of the shit like this is random. Regular and severe beatings of insolent children must again resume. It is the only cure.
G&C

"Hey dude, look over there."

"Coo,l a let's toss a boulder through the rear window."

"Yeah, that'll teach that rick fuck!" evill.gif
AndrewT
The silly thing is that the car cost less than most of the Toyotas and comparable cars that we were looking at. The Mercedes is obviously a few years older than they were ('97), but it has under 90k miles and is a manufacturer I'd trust more (as does my dad, who's big on auto mechanics).

At least they could've had some taste and vandalized some of the uglier cars in the lot. There's a shiny brown H2 at our building with the ugliest chrome rims I've seen. Probably cost twice as much as my Mercedes too.
Enoch Soames
QUOTE (Breson @ Apr 22 2005, 06:44 AM)
Regular and severe beatings of insolent children must again resume. It is the only cure.

That is the sagest thing I've heard in weeks.
Absomphe
Beating insolent children with sage...

Sounds like a right proper O-Bomb.gif! LARS!.gif

bexclent
Kids these days....

Yes, corporal punishment must resume....

When I was a punk kid, we had respect for people's hard earned personal property..

We only vandalized public property! (and paid dearly for it!)
AndrewT
The official insurance inspector estimated the damage at $3200, but on the plus side I get a free rental car for up to 30 days while the car's in the shop.

They sure picked a crappy time to screw with my life, I had another concert tonight, and another one on sunday, a recital next sunday, and concert on wednesday. ranting.gif
Lord Stanley
That was your car? Sorry about that.

By the way, can I have my rock back?
Breson
QUOTE (AndrewT @ Apr 22 2005, 07:58 PM)
I had another concert tonight, and another one on sunday, a recital next sunday, and concert on wednesday. ranting.gif

What do you play?
la mort tchèque
that really sucks. I hope things get better. Right now would probably be the worst time to destroy a car, that's just evil
Gertz
QUOTE (la mort tchèque @ Apr 25 2005, 07:27 AM)
Right now would probably be the worst time to destroy a car

While next week would be way better?
AndrewT
Actually, 2 weeks from now would be ideal. My last concert's on the 5th, and from then on the rest of the school year's rather relaxing. I was close to the breaking point of dealing with stuff right before this happened, and I've kinda turned into some sort of crazed antisocial hermit (not that far of a stretch for me).

Need to call the police to get a copy of the police report, schedule a time with the dealership to get it repaired, call insurance company and fax them the police report, then set up the rental car to be delivered while repairs are taking place. Then I also have orchestra rehearsal, a poster to make for a concert on the 1st, and a test to make for my students tomorrow. Arrrgggh.
jacal01
And it took every bit of, what, 10 seconds between having a brain fart, finding a suitable projectile, and inflicting themselves on your life.
Jack Batemaster
I bet kyle the pyle did it.
AndrewT
user posted image

"I'll get you Kyle Bairnsfather if it's the last thing I dooooooo!"
jmfranc
QUOTE (AndrewT @ Apr 21 2005, 11:45 PM)

user posted image
(Before, obviously)

That's not your car! This one is!!!!

user posted image
grey boy
What a jackass.
traineraz
QUOTE (AndrewT @ Apr 22 2005, 08:24 AM)
my dad, who's big on auto mechanics

shiny brown H2

Yeah, auto mechanics really know how to give a lube job . . .

And try http://www.fuh2.com. You'll feel betterer.
morgueann
QUOTE (grey boy @ Apr 22 2005, 04:55 AM)
Or Carjackistan, or Buttfuckistan, whatever.

That's Brettfuckistan.
DRX
I can't imagine what would cause someone to click on the REPORT button around here. poop.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.