Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knights Templar and other things...
The Fe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
Nate
Not really sure if anyone's dabbled on this subject, but I've had an interest in the Knights Templar and their connections with Rennes le Chateau, the Freemasons (thus the founding of the US), their possible involvement with Scottland's independence, and other weird historical coinsidences. Since no one was around back then (except maybe Absomphe) and the fact that the Templars didn't leave much information, most of what can be found on this subject is theoretical. Any thoughts?

Or does most of what I just said look like incoherant rambling?
Breson
Read the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail". It gets right to the primitive origins of the order.
Artemis
Knights Templar aside, the Rennes le Chateau thing is bullshit. The source of the priest's wealth was the selling of masses for money; he had ads in newspapers throughout France offering that service, a fact that escaped the crackpots who wrote Holy Blood, which I've read, along with its sequel. There's a very good Internet site debunking the whole thing - I'm not in the mood to search for it now, but if I do later, I'll post the link here.
archangelica
Well, you really don't need to look any further than David Icke's site. This guy's got it ALL figured out for you.
Artemis
The Simpsons had reptiles from outer space funning for U.S. president, nothing new there.
Artemis
Okay, I spent some time on it, and I can't find the website. There are hundreds more of them on the subject now than when I last searched!! And 99% of them are crackpot.

This may help, though: http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_..._28/ai_n6361828
Head_prosthesis
Who wants to read words and shit?
All you need to know is in the film...
Tombs of the Blind Dead

"Vampire Zombies, hot babes, tight clothes, bikinis, and nudity."

If you can't get a copy I can
loan you one.
Nate
Sounds like B horror. I'm in. abs-cheers.gif

Artemis: What was the deal with the Templar forts surrounding RlC then? I wasn't really concerned with how much money the priest got ahold of, but what the hell the architechts were thinking with the unfinished verses (ie "this place is terrible" without the "surly this must be the house of God") and why the position of the forts around it as if they were guarding it haphazardly.
traineraz
WOOHOO!

Casa Video has Tombs of the Blind Dead and Return of the Blind Dead on one DVD!
celticgent
where the fuck is scottland?

anywhere near scotland?
Donnie Darko
If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!

Ask Hiram, I bet he knows all about that Knights Templar stuff.
celticgent
yeah, i'm sure he KNOWS about it, but he's sworn to secrecy.

they'll take away his cape and nail polish even if he only gives out the secret handshake for chrissakes.
Nate
QUOTE (celticgent @ Apr 28 2005, 09:52 AM)
where the fuck is scottland?

anywhere near scotland?

Over by Eyerland.
celticgent
maron
Nate
Dutchbag.
celticgent
fargin corksarker
Donnie Darko
QUOTE (Artemis @ Apr 27 2005, 07:28 PM)
Okay, I spent some time on it, and I can't find the website.  There are hundreds more of them on the subject now than when I last searched!!  And 99% of them are crackpot.

Wait till Ron Howard's film of The Davinci Code comes out. You'll be able to add a .99 to that 99% figure.
jacal01
There's a great (spelled: great) PC adventure game called Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned that attempts to tie it all together, if you're into that sort of thing. Little dated now, but still classic.
Nate
Is it like the King's Quest series or Myst?

Oh yeah...
Celticgent: Bassliquor
traineraz
Ass Liquor?
Nate
No, that would be Czechersinth.
jacal01
QUOTE (Nate @ Apr 28 2005, 07:11 PM)
Is it like the King's Quest series or Myst?

3rd person perspective like KQ, but adult themed instead of all those cute little dwarves and faeries and xit. One of the benchmarks during the adventure game heyday. 1st person games like Myst always made me feel a little discombobulated with their 360 panarama instead of a transcendent panel viewpoint while you trying to figure out what it is you're supposed to do next. Well, more so, anyway.

But back on topic, the game managed to pull all the disparate Grail/Blood historical tidbits into one quasi-coherent theme that one had to solve in a very engaging way. FWIW.
Nate
I'll have to check that out. The first Broken Sword was 3rd person adventure and also made mention of the Templars. I didn't stick with it long enough to see what it had to say about them though.

Where's Hiram been? He needs to be in this thread (or so someone said).

Heh...dig dat phat rhyme...
jacal01
I may have misspoke about the perspective. Now that I think back on it, Im visualizing several scenes in 1st person, altho that may have been just the 3D engine scene scanning capability. Evidently I wasnt all that discombobulated, if so, since I finished the game okay. There was this one puzzle involving a cat and a fence, tho...

I have that first Broken Sword game, too, but Ive never played it. Liked the second one okay, and Im looking forward to trying the third (Sleeping Dragon) sometime. It appears to have the highest marks of the series.

I thought I read somewhere where there was yet another more recent Templar game by a French software company (Cryo? Arxel Tribe? Index+?), but the details are fuzzy. All I remember is the hyping of the historical detail.
Artemis
Artemis: What was the deal with the Templar forts surrounding RlC then? I wasn't really concerned with how much money the priest got ahold of, but what the hell the architechts were thinking with the unfinished verses (ie "this place is terrible" without the "surly this must be the house of God") and why the position of the forts around it as if they were guarding it haphazardly.

Well, I did say Templars aside. My guess is the Templar forts are in that area because it's in southern France, and on a prime route to the Holy Land. I don't think they were concerned with Rennes in its own right. For the most part Europeans built on the same spots Romans had built, too, remember that.

If the priest didn't have fabulous wealth, which he didn't, the story of found treasure falls apart. If Pierre Plantard was a conman and a criminal, which he was, the story of the treasure being Jesus's bloodline falls apart.

The study of sacred geometry is legitimate, but I don't know enough about it to comment on the placement of certain structures.

As for the verses, I remember the ones you mention, but not the context. Keep in mind that Pierre Plantard or his co-conspirators in the "Priory of Sion" wrote all or most of that stuff, and the rest has been badly interpreted by people trying to sell books.
Hiram
Yes, I know all about the Templar crap, but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel by typing it all here. Secrecy has nothing to do with it; I'm only obligated to keep the passwords, grips and signs a secret. If there were any credible evidence of a direct Templar connection with the Masons, I'd tell you. There isn't. However I'm among those who believe there is an indirect connection.

The Templar content in Masonic degrees post-dates the beginnings of the order. That is, it was added later, when 18th century Masons had accepted a few half baked theories, because it made Masonry cooler.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail is crackpot shit. I mean nigga please. You're in "Elvis Lives" territory there. Merovingians? Oh yeah. And Keanu Reeves is The One.

The Hiram Key is half good information and half shit. Anyone with a decent knowledge of history and a knack for critical thinking can figure out which is which.

Go here:
http://www.masonicinfo.com/templars.htm

http://www.templarhistory.com/
traineraz
Meanwhile, Tombs of the Blind Dead (starring a number of Knights Templar) was a very pretty and enjoyable movie with fairly realistic gore action and tragic stick-figure vampire zombies. Good atmosphere and a great unintentional comedy, and the zombies suck on a kid just as quickly as an adult.

Return of the Blind Dead was less pretty, less enjoyable, with Dawn of the Dead-grade gore action and tragic stick-figure vengeful zombies. Mediocre atmosphere and too much "character development." The kid escapes unharmed, too. Feh.
Steve
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ Apr 28 2005, 04:58 PM)
Wait till Ron Howard's film of The Davinci Code comes out. You'll be able to add a .99 to that 99% figure.

Yeah but it will star Audrey Tautou so it will be fabulous.
chefpunk
QUOTE (Hiram @ Apr 30 2005, 11:37 PM)
Yes, I know all about the Templar crap, but I'm not going to reinvent the wheel by typing it all here. Secrecy has nothing to do with it; I'm only obligated to keep the passwords, grips and signs a secret. If there were any credible evidence of a direct Templar connection with the Masons, I'd tell you. There isn't. However I'm among those who believe there is an indirect connection.

The Templar content in Masonic degrees post-dates the beginnings of the order. That is, it was added later, when 18th century Masons had accepted a few half baked theories, because it made Masonry cooler.

Holy Blood, Holy Grail is crackpot shit. I mean nigga please. You're in "Elvis Lives" territory there. Merovingians? Oh yeah. And Keanu Reeves is The One.

The Hiram Key is half good information and half shit. Anyone with a decent knowledge of history and a knack for critical thinking can figure out which is which.

Go here:
http://www.masonicinfo.com/templars.htm

http://www.templarhistory.com/

I hate metro-vegans...eat the steak you pussy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.