Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preban Edouard Pernod still available - a few left
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Pages: 1, 2
jmfranc
1910 Edouard Pernod Preban. I only have a few samples left. A number of people on this forum have bought samples (25ml) from me and loved it. I have refrences if you need them. Just ask. I don't want to post any names without permission.

Dark brown preban, thick as milk, vibrant flavors and a once in a lifetime opportunity.

$115 for one (includes shipping) or $200 for two.

Contact me at jmfdesigns@yahoo.com

Hurry....

And, if you have bought from me and want to put an endorsement on this thread, now is the time to do it!

Jim
kevangogh
I bought from you , and it was damn good!

I was sipping it next to the Jade Eduoard today. Yeah, the new one definagely does resemble it quite a bit I have to say. However, it's not as smooth though, nor is the aroma nearly as strong. It must be the age thing. The pre-ban has a very strong, unique aroma that nothing compares to really. Glad I tried it!

Donnie Darko
Extra extra read all about it! Get yer vintage right here! Get yer Bairnsfather Bitter! Get yer BDF! Get yer Jade!

While I think it's fine that JMFranc has authentic samples of vintage for sale (though in the past these transactions were handled through email, as opposed to posting) has anyone else noticed that lately this place seems to be more like an absinthe COMMERCE forum and less like an absinthe DISCUSSION forum?

Or maybe I'm looking at it all wrong and should take advantage of the potential dollar signs here and start offering shots of Tarragona... evill.gif
morgueann
Hey.

Betty did it.

Why can't I do it?

There's a lot of other things that Betty has done, too, that I would like to do.

Damn that Betty.
Jaded Prole
However, it's not as smooth though, nor is the aroma nearly as strong.

Probably a combination of age and better tails in the process.

Maybe we need a seperate "commerce" thread and a special "swill shillin'" section we can move the appropriate threads to.
Greenmeanie
I know Betty's got age but a better tail!!?? shock.gif
morgueann
Nope. I definitely win there.
jacal01
Even competing in the same contest would drive me away from the boardwalk.

Got a pic? New avatar, perhaps?

Serious inquiry (only).
Jack Batemaster
Preban Edouard Pernod is burnt™.
Ari
There's a lot of other things that Betty has done, too, that I would like to do.

I don't think all the munchkins from the Wizard of Oz are still alive, but I guess you can try looking them up.
tabreaux
Coincidentally, I just ran across this article yesterday...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7734181/
Greenmeanie
QUOTE (morgueann @ May 5 2005, 10:29 AM)

Age or tail?
Artemis
Damn that Betty.

Pray for the soul of Betty.
Jack Batemaster
Oui oui, Pape.
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ May 5 2005, 03:35 PM)
While I think it's fine that JMFranc has authentic samples of vintage for sale (though in the past these transactions were handled through email, as opposed to posting) has anyone else noticed that lately this place seems to be more like an absinthe COMMERCE forum and less like an absinthe DISCUSSION forum?

I don't like directly commercial posts either. But pre-ban absinthe is sufficiently rare, and sufficiently important that I'm prepared to cut some slack to anyone offering it.

As for Kyle, he didn't directly offer his products, and his posts are so (inadvertently) entertaining for those of us in the reality-based community, that I'd probably turn a blind eye even if he did.
morgueann
QUOTE (jacal01 @ May 5 2005, 04:42 PM)
Got a pic? New avatar, perhaps?

*takes note of your opportunistic ways*
morgueann
QUOTE (Greenmeanie @ May 5 2005, 07:30 PM)

Age or tail?

Of course, latter.

Hey, I haven't even seen the big, scary three-zero, yet.

It's not too far away, but there's really nothing I can do to keep it any further.
Nate
Sure there is.

You can either kill yourself (therefore stopping that pesky age thing) or change the last two numbers on the DOB part of your driver's license. However the latter is not quite as authentic.
traineraz
There's also:

Cryogenics

Sunscreen

Nicholas Perricone's The Wrinkle Cure

Killing everyone younger than you, so you're the youngest

And my favorite, preservation with alcohol.

Jaded Prole
The last works for me so far.
Greenmeanie
QUOTE (morgueann @ May 5 2005, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Greenmeanie @ May 5 2005, 07:30 PM)

Age or tail?

Of course, latter.

Hey, I haven't even seen the big, scary three-zero, yet.

It's not too far away, but there's really nothing I can do to keep it any further.

Ok, PROVE IT!! PICTURES!! w00t2.gif w00t2.gif
grey boy
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ May 5 2005, 03:26 PM)
those of us in the reality-based community,

HA!
Best line I have ever read.
Cheers Oxy!
abs-cheers.gif
jacal01
QUOTE (morgueann @ May 5 2005, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (jacal01 @ May 5 2005, 04:42 PM)
Got a pic?  New avatar, perhaps?

*takes note of your opportunistic ways*

So then you'll do it, right? You've got to be running low on avatar pix by now, anyway. And do up Headford and Breson one better, to boot.

And maybe you can immortalize yourself for posterioty as well, and ward off the big 3( | ) after a fashion.

Worth a shot. w00t2.gif

grey boy
Calm down.
jacal01
Shhhh. Don't jinx the deal. I can feel that she's sniffing at the bait...

Cheap thrills are all I can afford these days.
hartsmar
QUOTE (tabreaux @ May 5 2005, 09:28 AM)
Coincidentally, I just ran across this article yesterday...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7734181/

I think you're on to something big here...
From the Article:

Flying monkeys? He's got 'em beat
Donnie Darko
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ May 5 2005, 12:26 PM)

I don't like directly commercial posts either. But pre-ban absinthe is sufficiently rare, and sufficiently important that I'm prepared to cut some slack to anyone offering it.

As for Kyle, he didn't directly offer his products, and his posts are so (inadvertently) entertaining for those of us in the reality-based community, that I'd probably turn a blind eye even if he did.

Oh, I'm thrilled that Kyle joined the forum. He's certainly mastered the ability to generate posts, even if he doesn't know how to make Absinthe.
I also agree that it's fine to offer legit vintage absinthe, in fact I'd say we're probably lucky that some who have it choose to offer it here first. I just get a little put off by people who come here with the primary intention of making a buck.
Azimuth
And maybe you can immortalize yourself for posterioty as well,

Not to hark on spelling, but did you really mean "posterior-ity?" I mean...if all you want to see is the back, well......

Plain2.gif
Azimuth
Butt...there is a connection...

"Also from An Ancient Egyptian Herbal:

A pain in the anus of demonic origin was treated with:
wormwood 1/8; juniper berries ....

Ancient Rome

In a text by Soranus, a Greek doctor who practiced in ancient Rome...."

I rest my case cdog-plain.gif
traineraz
I hate it when I get a horny devil up the anus.

Well, if I'm overly sore afterward, anyway.
jacal01
That would explain the rise of popularity of the wormwood remedy elixirs.

Those incubi must have got a round a lot.

And to borrow a line from Jack, "um, yes", altho he never used that particular one on me.
jmfranc
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ May 5 2005, 08:35 AM)
While I think it's fine that JMFranc has authentic samples

People here are really excited about this preban. I will take it elsewhere if the moderaters do not want it here.

Jim
jacal01
Is that like, your marbles...?
hartsmar
QUOTE (jmfranc @ May 7 2005, 11:13 AM)
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ May 5 2005, 08:35 AM)
While I think it's fine that JMFranc has authentic samples

People here are really excited about this preban. I will take it elsewhere if the moderaters do not want it here.

Jim

jmfranc, I think it is clear that it is ok for you to inform people here about you selling samples of pre-ban. Only, it would have been wise to ask the admins first. Then you could state in your post that it had been authorized. No one would have a problem then.

jmfranc
I have 4 left.

jmfdesigns@yahoo.com
Grim
Hey jmfranc, how are you packaging the samples now?
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ May 10 2005, 08:12 PM)
Hey jmfranc, how are you packaging the samples now?

I have heavy glass jars with a double lid. It works perfect. I had to send a few in heavy mini-mason jars. They were wide-mouthed and held up to 200ml. The first couple I sent actually leaked slightly but I have the right glass jars now...

Jim
Grim
Ahh. ok.
Greenmeanie
blink.gif
crosby
That makes much more sense than using sample bottles.
grey boy
Yea,
200ml jars hold how many "samples"?
Fuckin' twit.
jmfranc
QUOTE (grey boy @ May 10 2005, 10:26 PM)
Yea,
200ml jars are hold how many "samples"?
Fuckin' twit.

Were you dropped on your head repeatedly as a child? Or, do you have some other excuse? wacko.gif
traineraz
Maybe they're really BIG samples.

Almost 4 per 750 mL bottle.
jmfranc
QUOTE (traineraz @ May 11 2005, 12:14 AM)

I'm not to concerned with the extra space in the glass jars. The stronger jars all seem to be 200ml or larger.
Azimuth
Do you have pics of the samples? [braces for the inevitable shots from the lab]
hartsmar
QUOTE (jmfranc @ May 11 2005, 08:02 AM)
QUOTE (traineraz @ May 11 2005, 12:14 AM)

I'm not to concerned with the extra space in the glass jars. The stronger jars all seem to be 200ml or larger.

jmfranc... Are you totally unaware of how much 200ml actually is?

I assume you mean 20ml.

If you DO mean 200ml, you can sign me up for one of your $100 samples. wink.gif

I'm just wondering how you could possibly have 4x200ml samples left, after selling a bunch already, out of a 750ml bottle...

Oh well...

Maybe NOW you get it?
kevangogh
The shots are 25ml, they are shipped in a 200ml mason jar. Mine made it to Japan with no problems. You need a rugged bottle, and the short mason jar turned out perfect.

By the way, not all corks are meant for storing absinthe and if you use a cheap cork, it will thoroughly saturate the cork throughout and leak. I don't recommend that. This happened on the first sample, although not much was lost. I stuck the saturated cork in an airtight jar, and now I can whenever I want to get a reminder of what pre-ban smells like, I open it up.

This stuff has an aroma that just permeates everything. You get a little on something, you will smell it for days. No absinthe I've had here has this strong of an aroma.

hartsmar
So a 25ml laboratory type sample bottle just wasn't good enough.

Grim
In the future... some 1-2 oz. bottles and some 3M® plastic tape would do wonders (read: no need for ziplock baggies and mason jars). abs-cheers.gif

Deez woulda werked.
Greenmeanie
Yep. Good company, I've ordered from them before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.