I like many other people have a theory.
Now being a theory, means that everything i say is hypothetical and that means i have no intention of making my own form of absinthe. Let me Explain.

As im sure you all know Absinthe, along with many other forms of ALCOHOL, has a very high alcohol content, expressed in % by volume.
Now, i have never seen a bottle of commercial absinthe before in my life so,
I wouldnt know what absinthe was if it fell on my head guillotine.gif

Now i reckon that this procedure could be done one of 2 ways. COULD, MAY, MIGHT! ALL HERESAY!

Now hypothetically speaking, if one fermented a form of sugar by aid of some form of yeast, then alcohol could be created with a little help from H20 & Time.
In addition if you distilled that mixture, then its possible you could obtain a high volume of alcohol...BUT i have heard of another form of fermentation that involves naturally occuring substances like fruits, vegetables and organic matter for example. Now, hypothetically speaking If one was to distill a mixture of fermented apples for example, then i am fairly confident that you could still obtain the same high alcohol content, BUT you would have a very DIFFERENT tasting end result as opposed to a sugar/yeast fermentation.
Which brings me to my next point; I am willing to bet my cheese and crackers, that a alcohol derived from a naturally occuring piece of fruit, would taste a hell of a lot better than an artificially occuring substance such as yeast.
SOO, if one was to be involved in a raging debate, as to what the best absinthe in the land is/was, one could assume that a naturally distilled version would be tastier and have a much better palate than an artifically distilled version.
So..back to the original question; Do you know what your drinking? Are you sure your sure?? high.gif

spam.gif DISTILLING YOUR OWN ALCOHOL IS ILLEGAL IN MOST COUNTRIES AND CAN BE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH guillotine.gif DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!