Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie saying Hello
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Under the Bridge
Miff
***Deleted as you ignorant children are not worth my time****
sea_of_lament
nono.gif
Please don't call it " 'synthe "
Miff
sea_of_lament
Take the easy way out, attack my age. It was a friendly advice. You see, if I didn't say it then the elders would. Would you have prefered that? Fine by me but some of them might have been rude.

P.S. you should take a language instruction from anyone if they are correct. Don't listen to that pesky ego...
Lord Stanley
Seriously....don't call it 'synthe. frusty.gif

Nonetheless, welcome to the forum.
Miff
Lord Stanley
It only indicates your ignorance about the tone of this forum. Maybe you should have a 3rd glass of 'synthe, settle down and try to have a good time. Other intolerable nicknames for absinthe include abs, abby, absinth, Jesus Juice and Key Lime Fruitopia.

To tell you the truth, we're just jealous that you get free shipping from LdF.
sea_of_lament
Ok, let me clarify something here. First, I was not being arrogant, I did say "please."

Second, if you want to join this community then there are a few things you should consider (I'm still waiting for my 'welcome'). You may call absinthe any way you like but there is a certain tone in this forum you will need to accomodate to, or at least notice it. Furthermore, this is a place for correct information on absinthe and its historiography. Sure, there are moments when people are being silly but the vast majority here take absinthe, and anything related, seriously.

If you decide to continue posting with your lingo, don't say I didn't warn you evill.gif
Miff
Absomphe
QUOTE (Miff @ Jun 24 2005, 06:56 PM)
Thank you the welcome, it  would have been appreciated up front rather than the arogant post I received.

As to nomenclature I will refer to the drink I have drunk for over 20 years however I wish to refer to it. 

We high and mighty types spell "arrogant" with two "r"s...

How very childishly American of us.

As to your enjoying absinthe for more than twenty years, you must be referring to your own homemade swill, and since I slapped my own crap together nearly THIRTY years ago (from a recipe found in a liqueur manual from the 1880s), I'm suitably unimpressed with your claim.

Youngster.
Miff
Ari
I think you are on the wrong forum, I think there is a synthe forum on LJ. Maybe you should check that out.

Complaining about the 'tone' just means you didn't bother to read the faq or spend some time reading the forum. If you had looked around a bit you would find that people who don't read the faq get more 'tone' than others.

LS: I don't know, a glass of abby might not be too bad. w00t2.gif
Grim
user posted image
Absomphe
QUOTE (Miff @ Jun 24 2005, 07:49 PM)

Next time I go looking for intelligent conversation I will loo for it

I imagine that the loo is the place where you usually find what passes muster with you as intelligent conversation, bloke. poop.gif cdog-plain.gif
Greenmeanie
I seem to recall mentioning, at one time, that all idiot nooB posts be immediately quoted!

It would keep pussy sacks of shit like this guy from deleating his posts. Hey Miffy, I'll give you a hint: IT'S ONLY THE INTERNET!!!

It would also keep people who have a life and don't LIVE here, like me, from having to figure out WTF is going on! harhar.gif
Greenmeanie
Still lurking, eh Miffy!
grey boy
Miff,

How many servings of ice cream and strawberries have you had?
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Ari @ Jun 24 2005, 09:52 PM)
LS: I don't know, a glass of abby might not be too bad. w00t2.gif

True dat but I still won't use it as a nickname for my 'synthe.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Miff @ Jun 24 2005, 08:01 PM)

No need to be miffed at us.
grey boy
Abby would be more than you could handle.
jacal01
Welcome, sea of lament. abs-cheers.gif
Gordon
QUOTE (Miff @ Jun 24 2005, 05:01 PM)

I'd sure as hell like to know what Miff was miffed at but, it's all been deleted.
sea_of_lament
QUOTE (jacal01 @ Jun 24 2005, 08:16 PM)
Welcome, sea of lament. abs-cheers.gif

It's about time someone said it. abs-cheers.gif

How's your secret plan for getting into the WWS workin' for ya? Oops, have I said too much?

sea_of_lament
QUOTE (Gordon @ Jun 24 2005, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Miff @ Jun 24 2005, 05:01 PM)

I'd sure as hell like to know what Miff was miffed at but, it's all been deleted.

Sorry Gordon, you can't be here all the time. Although, you sure try. abs-cheers.gif
Ari
Well, someone said, don't call it sinthe, and he went all crazy. Must have been the effects of filtered sebor.
Artemis
(I'm still waiting for my 'welcome')

Not so. You sent me a PM long ago and I didn't tell you to fuck off and die. What do you want, cheetos?
Artemis

Yet Miff took the time to delete several posts .....

Maybe such posts should immediately be enshrined in a Hall of Shame, only to be removed at the desecration of the management.
Head_prosthesis
Maybe a troll, maybe not...

Without the original posts,
we'll never know.

Artemis
I'm not suggesting commentary should be allowed to run on in such threads - no, that would be cruel, like poking the monkeys at the zoo with a sharp stick.

Rather, the original post should be captured, locked and pinned, like wanted posters at the post office. It should really be called the Hall of Shame. It might be better than the FAQ for putting the brakes on the "synthe" crowd.
The Standard Deviant
I'm off to the Space Hijackers' Pirate Party, on the traffic island on Park Lane. Goodbye, people.

(Any Londoners can meet up at 9.30pm BST, Hyde Park Corner tube station.)
Absomphe
QUOTE (Artemis @ Jun 25 2005, 03:44 AM)
I'm not suggesting commentary should be allowed to run on in such threads - no, that would be cruel, like poking the monkeys at the zoo with a sharp stick.

True, but unlike Miff, at least they'd fling some decent shit back at the pokers.
Grim
I'll be the first to admit Absomphe has always kept my poker shitty.
Absomphe
No, Grimster, I won't take responsibility for your lousy card playing. harhar.gif

I guess you've been too pug-nacious about working on your poker face behind Seven Elevens.

Looking for love in all the wrong places...
Grim
What's love got to-do, got to do-with-it?
traineraz
Grate. I'm agreeing with Artemis AGAIN.

I'd bet a Hall of Shame would even be one of the first places n00bs looked . . .
Absomphe
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Jun 25 2005, 07:35 PM)
What's love got to-do, got to do-with-it?

You know, as in the "dirty love" Frank Zappa version...

The one you romance the dog with, only the lyric changes from "poodle" to "pug".

sea_of_lament
QUOTE (Artemis @ Jun 25 2005, 01:33 AM)
(I'm still waiting for my 'welcome')

Not so. You sent me a PM long ago and I didn't tell you to fuck off and die. What do you want, cheetos?

True.

I thought this thread was deleted blink.gif since I only log in to reply. Must have been moved then.

I do like the idea of a "Hall of Shame' but how about a title like: "Noob Hall of Flame" ?
Absomphe
That's what the winnie.gifs represent.

Perhaps a gallery of them? w00t2.gif
Lord Stanley
This latest newb didn't even say anything overly stupid. He said that he was just finishing his "second glass of 'synthe" and decided to post.

After it was suggested that he may not want to use that term, he went nuts...defended his right to free speech, started name-calling, deleted all his posts and cancelled his registration.

Oh well. Too bad so sad.
Gertz
At least he left a perfectly useful sig line for someone to pick up.
Artemis
I don't see any sig line.

Anyway, there's a lot of things you could call absinthe here and get away with it, but "synthe" isn't one of them, because well, it's STOOPID.
Gertz
LS' sig line.
Caprice
'dobra den' then, it may be sin, but
drink it in
with sip of lip - and tiiiip of chin chin chin
Absomphe
The four-way forum's down the hall, and to the right, Tinkerbelle.

Although, to be fair, you're almost as much fun to respond to as the bots were on Jackbatemaster.com.
The Standard Deviant
Hallo , jackbatemaster.com !

Meinung von unserem Kunden:
Ich nehme jedes Mal 10 mg (dabei zerteile eine 20 mg Tablette in 2 Teile) und nach 15 bis 20 Minuten werde ich irre geil. Bei einer sexueller Anregung bekomme ich sofort EINEN SEHR HARTEN SCHWANZ. ER wird dabei GRÖSSER UND DICKER als in meiner Jugend, ich bin SEHR AUSDAUERND UND KANN DEN ZEIPUNKT MEINES ORGASMUS BESTIMMEN. DIES FINDET JEDE FRAU NATÜRLICH SEHR SCHÖN.

Ich habe vor kurzem Viaaaagra benutzt und ich muss sagen: Ich liebe Viaaaagra. Das ist der Fickmacher. Das Alter hat nix damit zu tun. Ich bin zwar noch jung, aber die Viaaaagra-Power kann auch durch junge Kraft nicht ersetzt werden. Das war der Hammer. Ich habe sie trockengevögelt. Ich habe mir vorgenommen, es regelmäßig zu nehmen. - 21 Jahre

Haben Sie endlich wieder Spass am Leben!

Preise die keine Konkurrenz kennen

- Bequem und diskret online bestellen.
- Kein peinlicher Arztbesuch erforderlich
- Diskrete Verpackung und Zahlung
- Visa verifizierter Onlineshop
- Kein langes Warten - Auslieferung innerhalb von 2-3 Tagen
- Kostenlose, arztliche Telefon-Beratung
- keine versteckte Kosten

Originalmedikamente
Ciaaaaaaaaalis 10 Pack. 27,00 Euro
Viaaaaaagra 10 Pack. 21,00 Euro

Nur fur kurze Zeit - vier Pillen umsonst erhalten

(bitte warten Sie einen Moment bis die Seite vollstandig geladen wird)

Mit den Besten Beachtungen Simon Herbert .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.