Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Absinthe Doctor is.......IN
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
Pages: 1, 2
Oxygenee
One of the little pleasures of being a site admin, is dealing with the questions that, on a daily basis, are sent to info@feeverte.net.

It seems a pity not to share some of these with you, so I'll occasionally post them here - unedited and unaltered.

Suggestions for an appropriately pithy response will be appreciated.
Oxygenee
Received today:

Hello!
I bought a bottle of absinth and on the bottle it was a offer to buy a absinthspoon for 3.99 dollars or something like that. I have know forgot the adress to the offer, can you help me please?
Regards
Julia
Greenmeanie
frusty.gif

Oh my GOD!! Oxy, how do you do it!
Artemis
Suggested answer: No.
Oxygenee
I was toying between "No", and "You're funny."
traineraz
At least she was polite.

I got five bucks that sez that's probably more than you can say about a lot of them . . .

archangelica
Suggested response:

An absinthspoon for $3.99? That sure is a great deal! I don't think I can help you with that adress, but if you happen to remember it, please let me know. The last one I saw on ebay sold for a whole lot more: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7164257008
Boy, you could make quite a tidy profit if you could get your hands on one of those things for only $3.99!

traineraz
I'd have added this to the previous post, but there's no file adding with edited posts (?)
hartsmar
I suggest you sell her this at $3.99. I mean, come on... She's lost that address!

If she's not interested, I just might consider it.

user posted image
audiowebguy
I have one to share. I stop in at the various absinthe groups on MySpace from time to time and try to answer a question or two. The other day, somebody (we'll call him "Bob") started a topic entitled "with or without thurjon". His post read simply "which is better?"

I corrected his spelling for him and provided a link to Ian Hutton's "Myth, reality and absinthe" article.

Bob's reply: "what i mean is when you soak it you have to distil it to get the essential oils what if u do not add the essential oils and just make it without. i mean i hear you can it with layers of fat but i figured i would ask"

At this point, I couldn't resist replying: "Can it with layers of fat? I've never had absinthe out of a can, and I don't think I'd want to. Especially if was canned with layers of fat."

Bob then sent me a PM to explain himself.

Subject: layers of fat
Body: did not mean canning . that was a typo i meant that you put it on layers of fat or something and the fat was to absorb the thujone.. i think though i did some more reading i also read that you could just steep it in vodka for a few weeks and that would be just as good or so i think i am not quite sure.

frusty.gif

le Gimp
If he adds the layers of fat and some red devel lye and water, and boils it a while he will have absinthe soap.

Maybe that is what he is trying to make?
traineraz
shock.gif <-- jaw hitting desk
audiowebguy
w00t2.gif

Could be. I'm guessing it would taste better than the soaksinthe.
Pataphysician
"i think though i did some more reading"

Wow.

"I like many other people have a theory."
Absomphe
Suggested response:

No, I's sorry. I is not a English teacher, however we have at least an couple of those who is precipitating members of this forum.

Perhaps one of them could helps you.
Pataphysician
If you're going to pick on her as a foreigner, how about:

"At today's exchange rate with your currency, that $3.99 is about the price of a new car in your country."
Absomphe
What evidence have you that she's a foreigner?

Perhaps she's just a semi-literate dumass.
pierreverte
actually bottles of la fée now come with a tear-off offer for an absinthe spoon on the back label. £3.99 (pounds), most likely...
that is why they get the big bucks...marketing, baby!
Artemis
I suggest you sell her this at $3.99. I mean, come on... She's lost that address!

shock.gif

I was going to make that exact same post .... it's a conspiracy, I tell you.
Pataphysician
Big deal. Muse Verte pastis comes with a spoon attached to the bottle!
traineraz
She can get a gross of the plastic ones from Headly for $3.99, right?
audiowebguy
QUOTE (Oxygenee @ Jun 28 2005, 10:15 AM)
One of the little pleasures of being a site admin, is dealing with the questions that, on a daily basis, are sent to info@feeverte.net.

It seems a pity not to share some of these with you, so I'll occasionally post them here - unedited and unaltered.

Oops.

Upon re-reading Oxy's original post, I realized that I'd shared my silly experience in the wrong section of this little community. The category title "Administrative News & Site Updates" should have been a clue.

My apologies.

Breson
QUOTE (pierreverte @ Jun 28 2005, 08:01 PM)
actually bottles of la fée now come with a tear-off offer for an absinthe spoon on the back label. £3.99 (pounds), most likely...

I say they start putting a prize in the bottle, just like Capn Crunch.
Ari
I hear Kyle is cornering that market as we speak.
hartsmar
QUOTE (pierreverte @ Jun 28 2005, 04:01 PM)

Imagine what has happened in a few years!

On my old bottle of La Fée there's a peel off label with for a La Fée spoon at £5 !

Artemis: I bet it was Ted who told you to do it as well, right?
Jaded Prole
When I bought a bottle of La Fee several years ago it came with a spoon.
The Standard Deviant
I bought La Fée with a spoon a few years ago. £3 or £5 isn't really that big a difference really. Well, either way, it's a piece of steel.

I know whose spoons I'll be buying when I get some money.
Kirk
I get e-mails all the time from people wanting me to sell them my artwork directly,
the last one, I took my time and wrote a polite response,
I explained that the people who represent my work don't make much money on it, especially considering the level of service they provide exceeds any thing I could do .
I got back one of those " I'm sorry I do not allow incoming mail without prior approval" messages,
it really ticked me off,
anyone reading this:
Please, don't ask me for grilles that are already available.
traineraz
QUOTE (Ari @ Jun 28 2005, 11:09 PM)
I hear Kyle is cornering that market as we speak.

King of Spit Gold already beat him to it.
The Standard Deviant
Is is true they have a coupon on the bottle which you can use to get 50p off the cost of a sick bag?
Greenmeanie
It comes WITH a free sick bag!
traineraz
Don't forget the garden salad in each bottle.
Artemis
Artemis: I bet it was Ted who told you to do it as well, right?

You should see the picture of him sitting in that car up on blocks with a chicken in his lap. Cost him a case of Jade to keep that sucker off the Internet.
hartsmar
w00t2.gif
Peeps
Oh, the two stories are absolutely priceless! It almost makes me wistful for a certain infamous, defunct forum. Thanks for the snicker, fellas.
Enoch Soames
I are an English teacher, but I refuse to precipitate. Don't drag me into this, Absomphe.
Absomphe
You is an ginuwhine killjoy, teach.
Oxygenee
Another classic just received:

hi
could you please explian to me hoiw one macerates alcohol
thank you
Grim
Tell 'em, "¼ lb. of sugar, two cobs of corn, 1 eye of newt (not Gingrich), 10 grams of mandrake, combine with 1 full bottle of vinegar, let set for 15 days."

Day 15
"Dispose of mixture, go to grocer's, purchase 1 bottle of Everclear."
Absomphe
Tell him it's an ancient Macedonian secret.
G&C
Very carefully.
hartsmar
The misspellings make for a perfect "eastern-europe/russian-mob-style" dialect.

Maybe that explains it?
Oxygenee
This morning's emails brought this beauty:

Hello,

I have found your site, and it seems that your well informed.

I was wondering how great the risks are of an adult human smoking/
injecting an extract of thujone???

Best Regards,
tabreaux
This:
tabreaux
Plus This:
tabreaux
= Just another addition to the collection...
Conju
That's so ridiculously funny.
Kirk
Yes,
how'd Ted get that photo of me drunk dialing him?
Icarus
Looks like the liver did have more than one toilet at his house.
Oxygenee
Just in, reproduced exactly as received:

of the many brands available which would you say would be the best for the price?  what specific brands do you prefer?
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not an addressee, or responsible for delivering this transmission to an addressee, you have received this transmission in error and you are strictly prohibited from reading or disclosing it.  The information contained in this transmission is highly confidential and may be subject to legally enforceable privileges.
Unless you are an addressee, or associated with an addressee for delivery purposes, you may violate these privileges and subject yourself to liability if you do anything with this transmission other than immediately contact the sender by telephone at 717-238-7124 and delete this transmission.  Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.