Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Absinthe Guard Dog
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Mr. Creepy's Art Hole
jmfranc
user posted image
Moloch
Those are the ugliest rats i've ever seen.
What have you been feeding those "dogs"?
MrsAbsomphe
AWW!!! What a cute little puppy.

Oh, husband of mine!

May I PLEASE have one of those?

I promise! I'll never ask for another animal again...probably because that thing would smother me in my sleep.

Holy crap, what a horror.

---Tish looking-up.gif (who owns the world's ugliest toothless cat)
Absomphe
QUOTE (MrsAbsomphe @ Jul 14 2005, 03:44 PM)

Oh, husband of mine!

May I PLEASE have one of those?

UM, NO!!!
traineraz
If you can't tell the difference between a rat and a dog, you need to lay off the absinthe for a while . . .
jacal01
I saw that movie! There were these giant shrews, see, that kept multiplying and eating everything on the island until there were nothing left but these 5 people...

The dogs that they made up did absolutely nothing to help suspend disbelief in this essentially high camp '60s grade B movie, but they do bear an uncanny resemblance to the vintage poster pet above.

Hence the perfectly understandable confusion.
audiowebguy
I actually got to see "The Killer Shrews" on the big screen back in '59 or '60. My mom would take my brother and me to the drive-in whenever she needed some time off from the old man, and it didn't really matter what was playing. As a result, I grew up watching a lot of great B movies and horror flicks. Explains a lot, I suppose.

Anyway, MST3K gave "The Killer Shrews" their usual hysterical treatment in Season 4. Worth watching if you can find it.

As far as the unfortunate creature pictured above . . . Sam has been making the rounds lately, but that's the most creative use of his photo I've seen so far!

abs-cheers.gif
jmfranc
QUOTE (audiowebguy @ Jul 14 2005, 09:41 PM)
Anyway, MST3K gave "The Killer Shrews" their usual hysterical treatment in Season 4. Worth watching if you can find it.

As far as the unfortunate creature pictured above . . . Sam has been making the rounds lately, but that's the most creative use of his photo I've seen so far!

abs-cheers.gif

My new avatar?

user posted image
Gordon
I liked Vincent Price..Excuse me, If I spelled his name wrong.... A damn good actor.... Pit and.. well you know.... If you're my age.... those druids on the wall looked real.... What a wonderful artist enterpretation.... Big time, for it's time. Hats off to all who made that movie! It was good times for me as a kid harhar.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE (Gordon @ Jul 15 2005, 02:08 AM)
I liked Vincent Price..Excuse me, If I spelled his name wrong.... those damned Drueds

You spelled Vincent's name perfectly.

Those damned DruIds, however... wink.gif
Gordon
I know, my spelling was off. My apologies to druids everywhere! I keep having to go back and fix my posts. Oh well, helps my spelling and makes my posts more paletable for family viewing. No offense meant towards druids. harhar.gif
traineraz
Damn, I thought that was a fake rat.

If ever there was a justification for infanticide, that critter is IT!
jacal01
The bad movies link off of the MST3K website you provided is especially nostalgic. Scroll down the the Video section and click on the mpg file. Cujo...er, Sam?
Notice that he's NOT pouring absinthe at the wet bar.

Also the killershrews2.wav file I thought was particular apropos for around here. Love to add it as my signature somehow.
traineraz
Candy looks better. Or worse. Depending.
Jaded Prole
Candy who?
Uncle
Who's casting a spelling?
jmfranc
QUOTE (Jaded Prol @ Jul 15 2005, 07:35 PM)
Candy who?

candy cane , I want my candy cane
Grim
hi peter. abs-cheers.gif
Grim
hi Ari and jmfranc. abs-cheers.gif
Grim
Goodbye Peter. abs-cheers.gif
grey boy
Hi grim.
Absomphe
High, Pussy.
Grim
Hi pussy! abs-cheers.gif

Hi pussy! abs-cheers.gif
The Standard Deviant
Grey pussy!
Grim
no.gif big, fat, clanky pussy.
Grim
jmfranc, supa-dupa-vintaige-E.-P.-Pussy. bobw.gif
grey boy
Big Clanks.
jmfranc
QUOTE (monsieurgrim @ Jul 17 2005, 07:39 PM)
jmfranc, supa-dupa-vintaige-E.-P.-Pussy. bobw.gif

Boooo - ya!

MY GUARD DOG!
caesar
QUOTE (Gordon @ Jul 15 2005, 12:07 PM)
I know, my spelling was off. My apologies to druids everywhere! I keep having to go back and fix my posts. Oh well, helps my spelling and makes my posts more paletable for family viewing. No offense meant towards druids. harhar.gif

Apology accepted! Har har to you. abs-cheers.gif
caesar
QUOTE (Grim @ Jul 17 2005, 08:37 PM)
no.gif big, fat, clanky pussy.

Sounds like you've met my ex-wife.

Oh, Never mind. I thought you said Big fat CRANKY pussy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.