Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pastis Iganus
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
zachM
http://cgi.ebay.com/PASTIS-IGANIS-45-ESPAN...1QQcmdZViewItem

Pastis Iganis. This bottle looks remarkably similar to a pernod or ricard pastis. Anyone know anything about it? I wouldnt be curious if it didnt look this way.
AndrewT
I've tasted quite a few kinds of pastis, ranging from relatively fresh to aged a few decades. It's all pastis, and none of it is anything like absinthe. Unless you have a sweet spot (har) for pastis, I wouldn't get too excited about it.
zachM
I actually do like herbsaint but my intrest in this is if it has any connection with pernod-ricard or if it is just another copy cat. There are some very good anisettes out there.
AndrewT
I'm willing to bet it tastes just like Pernod-Ricard. I've only ever tasted one pastis that didn't taste like the rest of them, and it was a blanche. Don't remember the name, but it still wasn't that great. There's just not as much diversity in pastis as there is in absinthe.
hartsmar
In spain there are gazillions of Pastis and Anis variations...
Every sinlge distillery has atleast one in the product range.
They all taste pretty much the same.
Gordon
offtopic2.gif hartsmsar, that lego thing cracked me up, abs-cheers.gif Stoned....very funny
traineraz
Is it made with real Iguanas?
Absomphe
No, I think they use pollock, as in KrablegsTM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.