Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe glassware from Amazon?!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
JsAngel1111
I need some glasses. But I also need to be a little frugal and I'd rather spend my money on a bottle of high end absinthe instead of high end glassware.

So... take a look at this and tell me what you think. I contacted the company and that is indeed a real reservoir.

Amazon.com Absinthe Glasses

Thanks!
La Lanterne Verte
Looks nice to me. It looks pretty identical to the basic Pontarlier style glass put out by La Fee and the La Fee version goes for almost US$9 without shipping. I actually have two of them (from La Fee) and they're very nice in my opinion.

Just popped that baby on my wishlist!
grey boy
That's the molded replica glass, the reservoir is not proper/large enough for measuring a proper dose. It's just a rounded well in the reservoir area, unlike the had-blown versions which hold the right amount of absinthe for a 4:1 pour.
That said these are very sturdy and I have a couple that are used for basic, everyday abuse.
Also check out the other La Rochere glasses, there are plenty of good absinthe types glasses there (like the Perigord glasses).
le Gimp
51 and 62 look nice as well.
Symbiote
Ordered 4, thanks.
Lord Stanley
I usually use the Perigord glasses that GB mentioned. I purchased mine for a little cheaper but that's not a bad price. They're very nice glasses. LdF sells the same ones with their logo on them.
Grim
My workhorse - the verre torsade.
grey boy
I just received a couple of the new Cordon glasses from LdF.
These things are freakin' awesome.
grey boy
OK, non-posting fucks.
I've experimented with and adjusted the dilution ratios with these new cordon glasses.
They still are freakin' awesome,
great 4:1 pour. I've tried a few mixes so.....
and the workmanship (yes, these are handblown pieces of art) is phenomenal (my wife is a glass artist so I'm forced to believe this). I recommend these to all, and hope for rewards for this unprovoked shilling.
Now to continue my travels down a drunken path...
Grim
I look forward to receiving a box of these glasses before the world finds out about the latest LdF/FV/YMCA conspiracy.
grey boy
You Fuck!
I told you to keep yer mouth shut.
Jack Batemaster
Is there anyone else who sells them besides LDF? I refuse to do business with them on basic principal.
Jack Batemaster
Oxygenee
QUOTE (Jack Batemaster @ Aug 17 2005, 07:15 PM)
Is there anyone else who sells them besides LDF? I refuse to do business with them on basic principal.

What basic principal is that Jack?
Jack Batemaster
Kirk

. . .
Jack Batemaster
user posted image
Kirk
. . .
Absomphe
The Secret Life of...
Jack Batemaster
Dot dot dot.
Absomphe
Redundant bastid.
Jack Batemaster
Dot dot dot.
The Standard Deviant
There is a difference between an ellipsis and three dots!

Compare … with ... , then try and highlight both of them.
G&C
WHO CARES?...
Jack Batemaster
Me. Sorta. That's kinda kewell.
JsAngel1111
So, em, yeah.

Getting back on topic for a fleeting moment... I had four Amazon Pontarlier glasses on my wishlist. I went to go check my wishlist, and they were gone! I went, unbelieving, to the "purchased" part of my wishlist and someone not only purchased four glasses for me but they purchased SIX. And my birthday isn't anywhere near and Christmas is more than four months away (and pretty much everyone I know shops at the last minute anyway). Quite the mystery! But I'm certainly appreciative and excited!

So anyway, next on my list... is this thing really absinthe-related or is it another perfume imposter? The only way I, in my newbie ignorance, can tell the difference is to try to tell if a glass will fit under it or if the base of the fountain is too wide to allow for a glass. I can't tell very easily in this picture though. Any ideas? Thanks!

user posted image
grey boy
Your doubt is well founded, perfume dispenser,
though a pretty interesting one.
Gordon
Honesty, can never be overated abs-cheers.gif
le Gimp
I suspect that any time the base extends far enough out to prevent placing a glass under the spiggot it is not an absinthe or pastis fountain. (Barring some modern intrepretations.)
toulouse
I have a perigord glass.
How does one measure the initial amount
of absinthe in that glass?

frusty.gif
traineraz
A four-count works for me in most any glass.

Unless it's Assstamphesized.
ncusa
QUOTE(toulouse @ Apr 15 2006, 05:49 PM) *

I have a perigord glass.
How does one measure the initial amount
of absinthe in that glass?

frusty.gif

Why not do what's the easiest. Measure an 1 1/2 oz and see where it come up to in the glass. Then add 3 oz of water the same way. After a few glasses you won't need to measure anymore. That's why I got the Pontarlier I, it's easy to use. Fill the reservoir, add water until it's about 1/2 below the top most etchings on the glass, that's about a 3-1 ratio.
speedle
Yessss!
oscardog
I have these glasses. I don't use a fountain, so I can't speak for that. My see'saw brouleir fits nicely atop, however. There are a few spots to mark your dose, depending on preference. They are heavy, and I'm currently scoping out something a bit more elegant. Completely functional, and not bad, aesthetically.
G&C
This is 2 years old you moron.
Rimbaud
Not too bright, this one.
Provenance
Like PheauxBeaux minus the smarts.
Rimbaud
You know PheauxBeaux? Were you at LF05?
Provenance
Knowing PheauxBeaux, who really did? LF05, yes. AT's night concert was grate!
Rimbaud
I don't recall your name. Have you used other names online before?
G&C
Ha!™
Rimbaud
I used to juggle grapefruits until I met the man in the red coat.

Wallabee.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ May 15 2008, 03:29 PM) *

I used to juggle grapefruits

I still do.
G&C
Marc
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ May 15 2008, 11:14 PM) *

I don't recall your name. Have you used other names online before?

You definitely know him very well from the Lounge.
Provenance
You weren't at LF05 sock-boi. How do you know how well Rimmy knows me?
Marc
I was not answering to that question Pro'
Provenance
I figered as much.
Rimbaud
Hmmm…
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.