Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe: Sip of Seduction
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Absinthe Library
Greytail
Any here read it? If so, is it worth the price at half.com? I have paroused through "History in a bottle" and I don't think there is much I would take a second glance for in it. Any pictures of modern or vintage absinthe related material in SoS? More so than in HIAB I mean?
hartsmar
Are you sure you tried the Search feature?

Hint: http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?ac...ip+of+seduction
Greytail
no, but since there really is no other threads on the general discussion board that are stealing away people's time, I thought I would go over it once again.
hartsmar
Well, to answer your question, there are plenty of nice photos in SoS. Both of bottles and other absinthiana.
Greytail
pirate2.gif

Thanks captain.
traineraz
Welcome, Tenille.
G&C
Somebody get me a gun!
hartsmar
http://www.mygun.com/
Absomphe
QUOTE (traineraz @ Aug 19 2005, 10:03 PM)
Welcome, Tenille.

Those two are SO...

Oh, nevermind.
Gordon
I think the word you may be looking for is Cheesy......
justinbrain
I have that book, it's a good read. It talks about the history in some depth, has pics of posters and postcards and discusses them. It profiles some past and present imbibers like Van Gogh and Wilde and marilyn manson and Depp. Has photos and reviews of about 10 bottles and has some weird recepies in it that i'm skerd to try. I prolly wouldn't buy it again, but maybe hang out at the book store and read it. Takes about 20min. Oh and it talks about the ways to drink it and does include no-czechs3.gif viking_emoticon.gif but if I remember right it does say that's a neo-faux way of messing up your drink invented by modern perveyors of poop.gif

Hope that helps
Absomphe
QUOTE (Gordon @ Aug 20 2005, 12:07 PM)
I think the word you may be looking for is Cheesy......

Um, yes, but um, no.
Breson
Speaking of cheesey....

I have a brand new copy of "Absinthe- History in a Bottle".
I bought one and got another as a gift.
If anyone is interested send me a PM.

[Infomercial End]
DenSetsu
I have purchased both books at the same time, and I will say this- HIAB is definitely more informational that SoS. While being somewhat lacking on the pictures of absinthiana as compared to SoS, covers a broader spectrum of the history of absinthe, and covers in greater detail what Butty discusses in her book. If you still want to experience both, buy Conrad's book then go to Butty's site, view the pictures and read her diatribe about how risky it is to import absinthe into the United States, and you'll get the same experience.
hartsmar
totally agree. Also, "A Myth Always Green" is a lot more informative than SoS. Not as fancy and glossy, but very well worth every penny.
SoulShade
If their are a couple of things in any book not elswhere, for me it's worth getting.
The joys of information addiction!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.