Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Studies about thujone toxicity
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Dr Magnan's Lab
dr_ordinaire
My apologies if this has been posted already.

[URL=http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov:8080/query.html?qt=chop.gif&col=005main&charset=iso-8859-1]

(Hm, the link looks different in the Preview Post than what I've pasted here. In any case, if interested go to http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov and do a search for chop.gif.)

chop.gif is one of several components of "Herbs and Active or Toxic Ingredients under study by the NTP. (for mutagenesis and/or carcinogenesis).
jacal01
Did a search on porkchop, but alas, nothing.

You sure you included the right link?

Or did you mean thujone?

Looks like the short-term acute study's the only testing they report results on.
dr_ordinaire
Also the 13 week study was finished. Of course the dosages are extreme. For an average guy like me it would mean 72 1 Liter bottles of the La Bleue mentioned in Ian's article.

Pleasurable, but unlikely.
Greytail
Here we go.
le Gimp
Again? blink.gif
Absomphe
Seventy two 1 liter bottles would be pleasurable for you, over that period of time, O? shock.gif

I hereby cede all my Absomphesized receptacles over to you, Monsieur Verlaine! worshippy.gif

Of course, such drinking habits could explain your predilection for dead-horse.gif.
DenSetsu
Funny I would have thought it would have been paranoid schizophrenia…
Absomphe
Sure, secondary paranoid schizophrenia, brought on by excessive Tom Jones indulgence.
Grim
All he showed you was a DOH link for a toxicological study that looks to be interesting… sheesh.
Greytail
Backs away…… ever so slowly…..avoiding eye contact.
Absomphe
QUOTE (Grim @ Sep 13 2005, 08:03 AM)
All he showed you was a DOH link for a toxicological study that looks to be interesting… sheesh.

Yes, how refreshing that this one didn't make the poor lab rats suffer too much. poop.gif

Greytail…

Don't cower before the Grim Reaper.

His bark is more pugnacious than his bite.
Gordon
I still wonder why the good Dr O. just doesn't take LSD and get it over with, if he and all the others that come to this site with only Thojune on their minds,want to bend their minds to that extent harhar.gif What is the purpose Dr O?
Moloch
QUOTE (dr_ordinaire @ Sep 13 2005, 12:50 AM)
Also the 13 week study was finished.  Of course the dosages are extreme.  For an average guy like me it would mean 72 1 Liter bottles of the La Bleue mentioned in Ian's article.

Pleasurable, but unlikely.

Thats not so bad, 72 bottles in 91 days is only 4/5th of a bottle each day.

And this is the 55% Le Blue right? Childsplay.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE (Grim @ Sep 13 2005, 10:03 AM)

Not all that interesting really.
Just a waste of good thujone.
hartsmar
And here's the link again - without messing up…

http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov:8080/query.html?q…rset=iso-8859-1
sixela
QUOTE (Moloch @ Sep 14 2005, 02:52 AM)
And this is the 55% Le Blue right?  Childsplay.

After 2 weeks, you are confused about the articles to be used in front of foreign words and occasionally lose the ability to write spaces and apostrophes.

After 13 weeks, you start r1t1n 1n l33t sp34k.
sixela
Thats [sic] not so bad, 72 bottles in 91 days is only 4/5th of a bottle each day.

No -- the doses were administered 5 times a week.

You get to drink 72 bottles a day, but are allowed to abstain during weekends.
dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (Gordon @ Sep 13 2005, 04:00 PM)
I still wonder why the good Dr O. just doesn't take LSD and get it over with, if he and all the others that come to this site with only Thojune on their minds,want to bend their minds to that extent harhar.gif What is the purpose Dr O?

Gordon, I happen to think that 2jone is not completely irrelevant to the history and chemical composition of absinthe. I perfectly understand that other people think differently.

What I cannot understand are people like you, who go into a thread titled: "Studies about 2jone toxicity" and then are shocked, SHOCKED!, that I mention 2jone.

You are like those old, puritanical ladies who peek through the neighbor's fence to be shocked, SHOCKED that they are skinny dipping.

Of course, they don't just avoid looking. They call the police, or complain to the neighborhood assn., to make the neighbors change their ways.

That is not right, Gordon. The Internet is a free country. You read what you want and ignore the rest.

So, Gordon, if I ever post something with a typical, harmless title like: "What shape of sugar cube should I use to bring up the 'hint' of Siberian Husky in Les Fuckerolles 69°?", and then mention 2jone, THEN you can complain.

dr_ordinaire
QUOTE (sixela @ Sep 14 2005, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (dr_ordinaire @ Sep 13 2005, 12:50 AM)
And this is the 55% Le Blue right?  Childsplay.

After 2 weeks, you are affected by confusion about the articles to be used in front of foreign words and occasionally lose the ability to write spaces and apostrophes.

After 13 weeks, you start r1t1n 1n l33t sp34k.

Sixela, that is not my quote. English is not my first language, but I try not to make thous missteaks.

sixela
My mistake. It's fixed now.
tibor
Starting to sound familiar……….
Gordon
harhar.gif
Gordon
QUOTE (dr_ordinaire @ Sep 14 2005, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (Gordon @ Sep 13 2005, 04:00 PM)

Gordon, I happen to think that 2jone is not completely irrelevant to the history and chemical composition of absinthe. I perfectly understand that other people think differently.

What I cannot understand are people like you, who go into a thread titled: "Studies about 2jone toxicity" and then are shocked, SHOCKED!, that I mention 2jone.

You are like those old, puritanical ladies who peek through the neighbor's fence to be shocked, SHOCKED that they are skinny dipping.

Of course, they don't just avoid looking. They call the police, or complain to the neighborhood assn., to make the neighbors change their ways.

That is not right, Gordon. The Internet is a free country. You read what you want and ignore the rest.

So, Gordon, if I ever post something with a typical, harmless title like: "What shape of sugar cube should I use to bring up the 'hint' of Siberian Husky in Les Fuckerolles 69°?", and then mention 2jone, THEN you can complain.

Dr, I am not even interested in chop.gif studies. I'm here to make friends? Duh? At forty six, I'm doing fine. In a world of many things, why are you centered on this one? Many other drugs out there? Hello? Why are you stuck on this one….?
hartsmar
Gordon… Flash news for you… That post was since mid september. Dr.O has since then moved on and I believe, actually come to terms with modern science and accepted what we today know about thujone.

You need to move on as well…

harhar.gif
Gordon
abs-cheers.gif
Gordon
harhar.gif
Gordon
abs-cheers.gif
Gordon
QUOTE (hartsmar @ Oct 13 2005, 01:47 AM)
Gordon… Flash news for you… That post was since mid september. Dr.O has since then moved on and I believe, actually come to terms with modern science and accepted what we today know about thujone.

You need to move on as well…

harhar.gif

Fine, on what you've said , you can have your computer heart.gif Good luck my Absinthe seeking friend abs-cheers.gif
hartsmar
?
le Gimp
Bucks to beans he will be back.
Absomphe
But will he have taught his pony a new trick?
Gordon
I just was way to high to post, but did so anyway.
Wild Bill Turkey
Hey, if you can't post drunk on the absinthe forum, then this isn't the world I bought tickets to…

where's that scalper?
Gordon
To be honest, I've had some health problems this year and the doc put me on some medication that reacts with the booze. I'm just now having to come to terms with the fact that I can't drink like I have been. About half as much is more than enough now. I drink like that and I turn into a complete space cadet. It's time for an adjustment in quantity.
Selmac
It's a real bummer when your doctor says not to drink as much or not at all. A few years back, I got pancreatitis. I won't go into the unpleasantries, but after the whole episode, my doctor made me sign this form acknowledging that he told me not to drink. Since I had not been drinking the day or the day before it happened, I decided that it was due to something else and leaped off of the wagon after about a month. Hell, I hadn't even had my first glass of absinthe yet! No problems since, but I feel your pain. Moderation is not such a bad thing, once you get used to it.

abs-cheers.gif
Gordon
Thanks Selmac, I hate the word moderation but I guess if I've got to… abs-cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.