Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthiades 2005
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Passepartoute
http://www.alandia.de/events/absinthiades2…thiades2005.htm

Jury 1 : 1st Kübler 45%, 2nd Partisane 65%, 3rd Versinthe La Blanche and Un Emile 45%

Jury 2 : 1st Clandestine FrancoSuisse 55%, 2nd Blanche de l´Heure Verte 60%, 3rd Libertine Amer 68%
grey boy
When will an absinthe win one of these "competitions"?
Oxygenee
I had high hopes we'd be able to rig the jury this year, but as soon as we got to Pontarlier, Hartsmar went native.

It's something in the cheese I think.
lightsdownlow
I've been generally baffled by these medals for a while now. Are Ted's absinthes entered into these competitions?
Passepartoute
What I found interesting was that none were higher than Sesenta y ocho grados de alcohol (68%). Absinthe Light is sweeping the EU!
hartsmar
The Libertine Amer was entered, it is at 72%.
Taste like shit too though…

Lemercier Abisinthe Amer is at 72%.

The Blanche de Fougerolles was entered and that one is at 74%.

Regarding Jade absinthes, the Nouvelle-Orléans was entered also.

Have a look here, a few posts down there's a list of all that was in the competition. That whole thread is a report on most anything from Pontarlier.
http://www.feeverte.net/forum/index.php?ac…=2&t=2732&st=30
Passepartoute
QUOTE (hartsmar @ Oct 16 2005, 11:40 AM)
The Libertine Amer was entered, it is at 72%.

Operative word "entered"; none of the jury's top three were above 68%
Touch-money
I think the French might have a hard time giving an absinthe made by an American any real credit.

(Wow it's been a while since I poked my head in here)
Greenmeanie
Hey Monkey-Boy! w00t2.gif
grey boy
Touch My Monkey!!!

since jack ain't here…
Patlow
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Oct 21 2005, 06:17 PM)
I think the French might have a hard time giving an absinthe made by an American any real credit. 

yet every single frenchman/woman waits with baited (anise-smelling, PASTIS) breathe to see what we do next.

THE STROKES at the Zenith sell out in half an hour.

to get MARC JACOBS (shoes, dresses, handbags) at Bon Marche you have to be on a list for months to get them when they come in.

white filters on MARLBORO LIGHTS? can i get one of those, s.v.p.??? they are SOOOO much better (no shit).

JADE ABSINTHE??? all we need is a picture of Brad Pitt in People Magazine drinking it at CLUB SPACE in Miami with some underage b-list actress and all of the sudden it will be the coolest thing in the world (EVEN in France).

if they made JADE in CALIFORNIA it would already be a huge hit.

and i know this isn't helping, but… anyway…

--just the fax

frusty.gif
SoulShade
QUOTE (Touch-money @ Oct 21 2005, 09:17 PM)

This was one of my thoughts…
Fredie
Yeah and you know the name Breaux has such an American ring to it! wacko.gif

it's right up there with Johnson & Jones & bush when it comes to famous American last names blink.gif
SoulShade
QUOTE (Fredie @ Oct 22 2005, 11:26 AM)
Yeah and you know the name Breaux has such an American ring to it! wacko.gif

it's right up there with Johnson & Jones & bush when it comes to famous American last names blink.gif

?????
Fredie
IT'S FRENCH!!! frusty.gif
Voltair
?????

sarcasm is a bit hard to portray through posts….
ps. i got it

Fredie
??????? blink.gif

(hey you're right…it is!) biggrin.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
I've definitely found that to be true
Artemis
To reach the French, Ted must hire Jerry Lewis to promote his absinthe. Jerry is still alive, and looked pretty good when I saw him on TV a few weeks ago. It's a win-win situation.
Steve
I was going to say what Artemis said too, except the part about Jerry looking good! He seems to like his booze, though, so he would probably be willing.
Fredie
The Nutty Absintheur
Artemis
It's all relative. He looked good for 110 years old, anyway. He was on Bill O'Reilly's TV show, to talk about some surgery that allowed him to stop gobbling the painkillers he's been taking for the last 50 of those 110 years. I have to say I was surprised at how healthy he looked, in comparison to the last time I saw him, on one of those telethons. To his credit, he allowed as how ordinary people cannot afford this surgery, so he recommended soaking an insurance company for the tab.
Lord Stanley
He evens shares his initials with Jade Liqueurs.
Sounds like fate to me.
Actually_Khan
RUBBISH, All of it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.