Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clandestine La Bleue now at LDF!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
SoulShade
I just got the e-mail, Clandestine La Bleue is now available at LDF. Good times, good times… abs-cheers.gif
Jaded Prole
A fine addition!
Gertz
I first read "addiction". Well, that too.
Lord Stanley
Nice addition but 10 Euros more at LdF than from Markus or Alandia.
Moloch
Good lord, I just got the email this morning, and it is already showing out of stock.

I do remember that happening before on LdF's website, and it showing up in stock again the next day…
Voltair
Nice addition but 10 Euros more at LdF than from Markus or Alandia.

True, but it evens out when shipping comes into it. If i compared the prices right, LDF comes out to be a few bucks cheaper.
I just order a bottle (La bleue) from LDF yesterday…
badger
QUOTE (Moloch @ Oct 24 2005, 06:43 PM)
Good lord, I just got the email this morning, and it is already showing out of stock.

I do remember that happening before on LdF's website, and it showing up in stock again the next day…

Usually at any given time at least one Jade will be out of stock at LdF, but they are really good about stocking more.
Stroller
Clandestine La Bleue is a winner!

I just recieved Serpis 65, and a Segarra this morning. A good way to start off the weekend. abs-cheers.gif
Greenmeanie
After the Clan, Sir Piss and Segarra may be a disappointment. Well, maybe the Sir Piss more so.

You may want to try a Headly special recepie. It's called a Slerpis. Cherry Slurpee and Serpis. w00t2.gif
Stroller
It may be so, but I feel the need to venture out & try more brands.

I did receive a bottle of Edouard earlier this week for good measure.
absintheglass-glow2.gif
Greenmeanie
Good man! Eddy is a fine choice.

My guilty pleasure is Pernod 68. Prolly because I was in Vienna several years ago when I first bought it and it brings back nice memories.
Absomphe
For me, it brought up bad memories…

Namely, the awful lunch I had that day.
traineraz
Wow, I leave for a few months and a whole new crop of absinthe binge-drinkers shows up . . .

Cheers!
Alyssa Dyane
CLANDESTINE LE BLEU

COLOR BEFORE WATER: 8/10
Very clean, no discoloration or sediment.

LOUCHE ACTION: 8/10
Nice louche. Builds from the bottom with pretty swirls. Louches very thick. As the drops fall into it, I am reminded of rain falling from clouds - only upside down. Clear ring on top, until after full loouche, then the surface seems to reflect a blue tint.

COLOR AFTER WATER: 7/10
Very opaque and thick. White with slight blue highlights. When held up to light, the edges of the glass hold a very slight golden glow, but mostly white with blue tints.

AROMA: 23/30
Before adding water, there is no hard alcohol smell. Very floral. Very sweet. You can really smell whiffs of hyssop and a chamomile scent. While louching, the wormwood and anise aroma start to come out. After louching, the anise really comes out. Very pleasant aroma.

MOUTH-FEEL: 8/10
Thick, rich, creamy, smooth.

TASTE: 17/20
Has a very creamy overall taste, most likely due to the hyssop. As the drink progresses, the anise comes out very strong, but in a pleasant way. Wormwood notes in the background, and aftertaste. This is a sweeter absinthe, but overall tastes very good.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: 8/10
I really am enjoying this glass of absinthe. I really loved the richness and fullness of it. I am enjoying the feel of it in my mouth. This is one I would keep a supply of.

OVERALL SCORE: 79

hartsmar
Alyssa,

I am curious to know as to why you would rate the color only 8/10 when you yourself say it's "Very clean" and with no discoloration or sediment... That would mean it is a perfect color of a blanche, no?
Alyssa Dyane
You know, Hartsmar - you are right. I don't know what more I could have asked for in a blanche color. I will edit.
Alyssa Dyane
CLANDESTINE LE BLEU

COLOR BEFORE WATER: 10/10
Very clean, no discoloration or sediment.

LOUCHE ACTION: 8/10
Nice louche. Builds from the bottom with pretty swirls. Louches very thick. As the drops fall into it, I am reminded of rain falling from clouds - only upside down. Clear ring on top, until after full loouche, then the surface seems to reflect a blue tint.

COLOR AFTER WATER: 7/10
Very opaque and thick. White with slight blue highlights. When held up to light, the edges of the glass hold a very slight golden glow, but mostly white with blue tints.

AROMA: 23/30
Before adding water, there is no hard alcohol smell. Very floral. Very sweet. You can really smell whiffs of hyssop and a chamomile scent. While louching, the wormwood and anise aroma start to come out. After louching, the anise really comes out. Very pleasant aroma.

MOUTH-FEEL: 8/10
Thick, rich, creamy, smooth.

TASTE: 17/20
Has a very creamy overall taste, most likely due to the hyssop. As the drink progresses, the anise comes out very strong, but in a pleasant way. Wormwood notes in the background, and aftertaste. This is a sweeter absinthe, but overall tastes very good.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE: 8/10
I really am enjoying this glass of absinthe. I really loved the richness and fullness of it. I am enjoying the feel of it in my mouth. This is one I would keep a supply of.

OVERALL SCORE: 81
Alan
Don't make changes just because Hartsmar says so .. the power will go to his head.

Also I never noticed him query the score for something he doesn't like.
Alyssa Dyane
Alan, thank you. I actually did find Hartsmar's comments justified. I felt that I personally biased the color score (not intentionally) because it was a blanche. It did pass the marks in the color category.
hartsmar
I go through every single review. If I find anything that seems strange, I ask about it. If there's a good answer, everything is in order. If it turns out someone is only trying to either praise a brand or lower a brand for average score modification it won't be included.

Besides, if you read through the "Newly rated absinthes" thread and the other misc threads in the Buyer's guide part of the forum, you'll notice most experienced members questioning reviews at times.

If it appears that the reviewer have not understood the concept of the score sheet he/she will be helped to understand it and do a new review for comparison.

All the things you could ask for, and more.

The score for a perfectly clear blanche, is a perfect 10. Why set it to 8?
If Alyssa had a really really good reason to do so, she would've told us and the score would remain at 8.

Alan, where are your reviews?
Alan
Hartsmar, I was only kidding!

In all honesty, I don't think I have the skills of others here. Years of smoking .. and a fairly jaded palate (no pun intended). So no reviews from me, despite the promise/threat of some KOS Gold. Anyway I recently tasted Absinth330, and nothing could compare to 330 mg/kg!
hartsmar
I know you were Alan, but even if you did it may be good to know that this is how it works.
So, 330mg... Channeling Dr.O...
hartsmar
...and it's been added to the guide...
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Alan @ Nov 7 2006, 10:42 PM) *

Hartsmar, I was only kidding!

In all honesty, I don't think I have the skills of others here. Years of smoking .. and a fairly jaded palate (no pun intended). So no reviews from me, despite the promise/threat of some KOS Gold. Anyway I recently tasted Absinth330, and nothing could compare to 330 mg/kg!

Nonsense! Of course you have the skills. If a complete newcomer like Alyssa can turn in a perfectly creditable effort as she has done, then you, as the former Sales Manager of La Fee, can certainly produce one. A review of Absinth330 would be a great start. Or what about a review of La Fee? Perhaps you still have a bottle lying around?

It's the old pig/chicken analogy. When it comes to eggs, the chicken is involved. When it comes to bacon, the pig is committed.

It's easy to comment from the sidelines. We're looking for commitment. It's time to step up to the plate, Alan.
Alan
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Nov 7 2006, 01:04 PM) *

It's the old pig/chicken analogy. When it comes to eggs, the chicken is involved. When it comes to bacon, the pig is committed.

Bacon, pigs ... already. This place is full of goyim, Oxy, and you're fast becoming one too! Some shikse comments on an absinthe that has not even been declared kosher and I should join in too? You've got a lot of khutzpe. And as for Hartmar, that shicker has had too much to drink. Now, I know that you are quite the mavin when it comes to absinthe, and you are really quite a mensch. But if we can't even agree on the definition of vintage, what hope is there is there for any review I might write?

PS I'm completely out of La Fee and the 330 was just a small sample I had a few weeks ago.

Alyssa Dyane
Alan, now I really want you to write a review. Please?
heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif
hartsmar
QUOTE(Alan @ Nov 7 2006, 02:00 PM) *

And as for Hartmar, that shicker has had too much to drink.

I did? When?

what hope is there is there for any review I might write?.

Just as much as for anyone else submitting a review.

... shikse ... kosher ... khutzpe ... shicker ... mensch ...

L'Chaim!
traineraz
Gesundheit.
Jaded Prole
oi veh!

Just write a review already!
Absinthesizer
Clandestine La Bleu (reviewed Nov. 19, 2006)

COLOR BEFORE WATER 10/10
Extra clear.

LOUCHE ACTION 7/10
Unremarkable and fairly quick, starting from the bottom. (It stands to reason that a lower-proof absinthe would louch more quickly.)

COLOR AFTER WATER 8/10
This is the most neutral-looking blanche I’ve seen: Almost chalk-white from the side, with a faint bluish tinge on the surface.

AROMA 22/30
Crisp, outdoorsy and room-fillingly strong. I was hoping to avoid ever using the “Alpine meadow” cliché, but it’s simply all I can think of when I smell this absinthe — even though I’ve never been in the Alps. Anise and fennel dominate, but they don’t overwhelm the other tones. Alcohol doesn’t intrude at all.

MOUTH-FEEL 8/10
Pleasantly astringent and sharp, leaving your mouth feeling clean and warm. The astringency is wormwood, and it increases as you drink; I don’t know the source of the sharpness, but it’s probably not alcohol. The warmth that begins in your mouth gradually spreads to the rest of your body.

TASTE 16/20
Very much in line with the aroma. It’s strong, more herbal than floral, and even a little medicinal, though I don’t mean that in a bad way at all. The astingency lingers, and the more you drink, the more it tastes like wormwood.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 8/10
Although there are more complex blanches, I enthusiastically recommend Clandestine. It's well-made, and there’s nothing fussy or fancy about it. If you don’t like Clandestine, you probably don’t like absinthe.

TOTAL 79/100
hartsmar
Ok, the guide is updated with this one... But please, do add reviews either in their respective review thread in the Buyer's Guide part of the forum, or in the Newly rated absinthes - thread.
Absinthesizer
Well, I would have put it in the review thread if I could have found one - searching for "Clandestine La Bleu" in the Buyer's Guide doesn't turn one up. This seemed like the closest thread, considering it's not a newly rated absinthe.

Probably just my too-literal brain acting up. blink.gif
AndrewT
It's spelled "La Bleue", although leaving off the final "e" matches it when I search for it.
Absinthesizer
$%^&*

And to think I used to be a proofreader...
hartsmar
Well, no harm done but it makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of what's added and where.
Steyr850
C'mon. With those eyes you should be able to track down a gnat.
Absomphe
Sure, if he'd only wash the ink out of them.
Steyr850
That's ink?
Absomphe
Unless they're bloodshot from all those times he's "taken one for the team".
Steyr850
I guess it made more sense when I assumed it was xit.
OCvertDe
La Clandestine is now at DrinkUpNY. At $80, it's the same price as LdF, but minus the courier raping. I've been putting it off since it costs more than several higher scoring absinthes, but now that it's stateside I'm considering it.
Selmac
I'll buy that.
Lord Stanley
I haven't calculated it exactly but it may be cheaper to buy multiple bottles from LdF if they're still running the "3 for 2" offer. Clandestine is good stuff.

It's too bad that Clandestine is twice as expensive as Kubler at DUNY. I can't decide if any of their absinthes are really worth buying at this point. I still have some of my bottle of Lucid from a year ago. I'll have some from time to time but probably won't buy another bottle.
Steve
I have half a bottle of Kubler that I'll probably never touch again. Maybe I can entice unsuspecting visitors to drink it.
Provenance
You have visitors you dislike?
Steve
No, but sometimes I have visitors who think all "black likerish tastin' crap" tastes the same.
Rimbaud
I just usually hit 'em in the head with a shovel.
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Spoon @ Sep 26 2008, 12:23 PM) *

I have half a bottle of Kubler that I'll probably never touch again. Maybe I can entice unsuspecting visitors to drink it.

Have you tried putting a bowl of it in your garden to see if the slugs will drink it.

This in no way implies any cruelty toward slugs.
OCvertDe
QUOTE(Lord Stanley @ Sep 26 2008, 12:27 PM) *

I haven't calculated it exactly but it may be cheaper to buy multiple bottles from LdF if they're still running the "3 for 2" offer. Clandestine is good stuff.

They are, and it would be cheaper. Is it good enough to justify buying three bottles to save thirty bucks though? I usually like to diversify my LdF orders, but to get a better price on something really outstanding I could climb out of my rut for once. Keep in mind, I actually like Kubler, so even if Clandestine isn't "outstanding" I may think it is. The best Blanche I've had so far is BdF.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(Rimbaud @ Sep 26 2008, 11:52 AM) *

I just usually hit 'em in the head with a shovel.

I'll bet that leaves a dull impression on their minds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.