Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I like my Pimm's No. 1
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
verawench
Pimm's is great.
Head_prosthesis
Give us some chocolate cake!

Yeah, Pimm's is my other favorite.
Next to ol' Serpis.

Selmac
I've been wondering about Pimm's. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is? Distilled? Oil mix? Pastis?
The Standard Deviant
I hope you use plenty of cucumber.
thegreenimp
QUOTE (Selmac @ Oct 26 2005, 10:45 AM)
I've been wondering about Pimm's. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is? Distilled? Oil mix? Pastis?

It ain't absinthe.

It an herbal liquor.

Pimm's Cup
2 ounces Pimm's Number One
3 ounces ginger ale
Cucumber

Pour Pimm's into pint glass; fill with ice. Top with chilled ginger ale. Garnish with slice of lemon and a slice of cucumber
Gertz
I had never heard of it, before The Standard Deviant brought me a bottle. Apparently, it's the londoner's drink of choice during the summer.

I thought the Pimm's Cup was made with lemonade, not ginger ale? Well, I guess both will work.
verawench
QUOTE (Gertz @ Oct 26 2005, 12:03 PM)
I had never heard of it, before The Standard Deviant brought me a bottle. Apparently, it's the londoner's drink of choice during the summer.

I thought the Pimm's Cup was made with lemonade, not ginger ale? Well, I guess both will work.

It's made with either. I prefer the lemonade (not American lemonade, English lemonade, which is, more or less, Sprite) sort, with plenty of orange and apple slices shoved in there.

I was attending an English wedding and had no idea what that lovely ice tea-like liquid was until it was too late.

Like I said, Pimm's is great.
The Standard Deviant
Ginger ale? Are you sick?

Get a large jug, put in lots of ice, sliced orange, lemon, cucumber, apple (whatever you want here), and mint leaves. Then pour the Pimm's in, and then lemonade (which is almost like Sprite, yes). The quantities of Pimm's and lemonade are dependent on how drunk you are when you make it.

Serve in a tall glass and enjoy.

I thought the oil mix/distilled/pastis thing was a joke, otherwise I'd have answered. Sorry.

I badly timed giving Pimm's to you Gertz, it being the very end of summer and no-one being in any need of a refreshing, cool drink. Did you try it?
Selmac
Well, it wasn't a joke exactly. I mean, I knew it wasn't absinthe but I keep seeing it next to the pastis at the liquor store. Just curious, that's all.
verawench
user posted image

Me in 60 years.
Gertz
QUOTE (The Standard Deviant @ Oct 26 2005, 10:44 PM)
I badly timed giving Pimm's to you Gertz, it being the very end of summer and no-one being in any need of a refreshing, cool drink. Did you try it?

For the very same reason, no, not yet. Right now, my drink of choice is a liqueur de gentiane. Its aromatic bitterness is just right on a grey and cold autumn's day.
pierreverte
pimms is partially made from an ingredient that is distilled for them by combier.
Absomphe
QUOTE (verawench @ Oct 26 2005, 06:07 PM)
user posted image

Me in 60 years.

She's hot! w00t2.gif
Donnie Darko
what ingredient?
verawench
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ Oct 27 2005, 06:21 AM)
what ingredient?

Love, baby.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE (Gertz @ Oct 27 2005, 01:58 AM)
Right now, my drink of choice is a liqueur de gentiane. Its aromatic bitterness is just right on a grey and cold autumn's day.

I've been wanting to try some gentiane-based drink. I heard that Un Emile had a Gentiane-flavored absinthe that was not well liked, and didn't last long. I might have wanted to try that. The descriptions I've read of gentiane make it sound like a flavor I'd enjoy.
Artemis
You've go to be kidding. Just swish some well-used gym socks around in a bucket of Everclear, you'll the idea.
Artemis
Or Spirits Corner will sell you a mini of gentiane liquor. The gym socks will be cheaper.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE (verawench @ Oct 27 2005, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (Donnie Darko @ Oct 27 2005, 06:21 AM)
what ingredient?

Love, baby.

I guess Pimm's wants to be a bride instead of just a one night stand.
verbal_kraze
I do love me some Pimm's. I went through a few bottles this summer after trying one of my new favorite drinks at the Palms in Vegas. Here's the recipe.

Fresh Sense

Peeled, Seeded and sliced Cucumber
Mint Leaves
Sugar or Simple Syrup
Sparkling Water
1.5 oz Danzka Grapefruit Vodka
1.5 oz Pimm's #1

Muddle the Cucumber, Mint Leaves and Simple Syrup in the bottom of a Pint Glass. Add the Grapefruit Vodka and Pimm's. Top with ice and sparkling water. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a cucumber slice.

mmmmmmmmmmm. It's a little like a Mojito, but better. Very refreshing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.