Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Surprise! New Forum!
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
Pages: 1, 2
Kallisti
The forum got busted due to a database upgrade that is no longer compatible with the ancient version of Invision that we were using. Definately the best way to jumpstart an upgrade is to break the product blink.gif

We're now upgraded, and the most important bits are working… I think. We'll be spending the next few days fixing brokey things and reskinning the board.

Please post here if things are not what they seem. Like… I see the emoticons are fucky, will get to those eventually!

Enjoy all the nifty new bits to play with, and sorry for the downtime!

The Management
sunsetbrew
QUOTE(Kallisti @ Nov 2 2005, 05:31 PM) *

the emoticons are fucky, will get to those

blink.gif
Greenmeanie
Kallisti, babes, it's you!! Welcome back!!!

Now make this place GREEN again!
Ari
QUOTE(Greenmeanie @ Nov 2 2005, 06:27 PM) *

Now make this place GREEN again!

Didn't you hear?
The forum has been sold to Hills and will now be windex blue. wacko.gif
Stroller
I thought Logan Filth was the exclusive sponsor. They are the only true Absinthe……… wacko.gif
Steve
Kallisti, the greatest thing about the new forum is that you are here.
Hiram
This is weird. I mean, I'm glad to see it back and all, but it looks too much like the Lounge. It's scary. Unless you're planning to change the name to La Bleue Absinthe Forum.
Membro
IPB Image

IPB Image
grey boy
Damned uppity newbies.
Membro
Don't be allrammed. It's just your freindly neighborhood Headmin. Testicling the funkshuns.

Oxygenee
QUOTE(absinthespoon @ Nov 3 2005, 05:57 AM) *

Kallisti, the greatest thing about the new forum is that you are here.

My thoughts exactly! I'm intending to break it every couple of months just to get her to keep showing up.
hartsmar
Nice to see things back up again. And… Hi Kallisti!
Kirk
Kallisti makes my heart flutter.
celticgent
this forum is creepy
Donnie Darko
How is that different from before?
celticgent
it reminds me of the creepy place

it didn't before
Absomphe
QUOTE(Membro @ Nov 2 2005, 09:15 PM) *

Don't be allrammed. It's just your freindly neighborhood Headmin. Testicling the funkshuns.

Well, that's a relief…if we can actually believe you, that is.

Perhaps our good Doctor should have you bend over and cough for him, just to make sure the testicling is on the up and up.
Kirk
So this bright blue format is all default setup?
All this time I thought Jack invented it for our viewing ease.
Selmac
Some posts are not appearing correctly for me. Especially in the "It's Halloween Bitches" thread. They just show an email button in the middle of them. Maybe it's just me.
Artemis
I was about to ask why so many posts contain only an email button …..

Yes
<- Test of the quote wrapping function. It works. I like it.
Kallisti
Wiener.gif ZombieHand.gif First things first… fixed the emoticons. We all have our priorities LARS!.gif

And no one, NO ONE, is more concerned by the lack of greeness than I. We'll get right on that.

abs-cheers.gif To all my loves!
2loucheltrec
the lack of green here could cause some of us that are also loungers to mistakenly stumble in here drunk and start a bar brawl and know none the better… so i'll apologize for myself ahead of time.
celticgent
i'm a leg-humper, not a fighter.

frottage anyone?
Absomphe
No thanks.

Not my favorite cheese.
Oxygenee
Judging from some of the recent posts here, a few words of explanation on the current look of the Forum might be helpful, at least to some of the technologically challenged here:

1. We didn't deliberately choose this blue look. Invision, like all bulletin board software, has a default look and feel. This is it.

2. Customizing the visual interface (ie, making it look like the old Fee Verte Forum did) is called skinning. This isn't a straightforward or user friendly process, and skins (ie appearance templates) from a prior version of Invision such as we were using, are not compatible with the new version. So there's a fair bit of skilled behind the scenes computer work necessary to develop a new skin, which the amazing Kallisti is now beginning to tackle. But it'll take a little time, so please be patient.
Icarus
I feel for you. Initially I left the Lounge blue because it was beyond my capabilities to modify it. Then, when I got to the point where I could change things, people decided they liked the blue. Go figure.

I'm quite certain this is just good natured ribbing. No one is really upset.
Donnie Darko
Just don't ask Jack for help!
Jaded Prole

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum, I found that the rest of the Fee Verte site is still accessible and looks like the same, only the forum has changed.
Oxygenee
It's a miracle! LARS!.gif LARS!.gif LARS!.gif
bjacques
Just testing the chop.gif content of the new board.

Excellent!
Raschied Britannica
sleepy.gif shock.gif Who turned the lights on in here!

If you guys need help with the re-skinning, please ask. I'll volunteer some coding time, if I can help.
hartsmar
10 PRINT "FeeVerte Forum";
20 GOTO 10
Fredie
(judging from your avatar)

"You've changed your hair…style shock.gif …..well,wacko.gif yeah….. sleepy.gif interesting…. abs-cheers.gif
danishdart
I hate change frusty.gif I cant figure out half of these new buttons
Absomphe
Viva thujone!
mxreb0
This is way better. The old one didn't work properly on my browser (galeon based on mozilla) and was always reloding on its own whenever I switched tabs.
THANK YOU
le Gimp
I skinned a catfish once. Ok, many of them on several occasions.

It helps to skin if you drive a good 16 penney nail through their hiead into a pine tree and cut th skin just below the head. Then, with a pair of pliers, pull the skin down to the tail.

Skinning is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
crosby
Yum.
Head_prosthesis
I used to watch my Uncle Ralph skin squirrels.
Him an' Uncle Pud would sit across the table from
each other, drinkin' Pabst. They'd slit under the fur
around the midsection then each would grab an end
and pull across the table from each other. I was surprised
at the lack of blood and gore on the carcass. It was slightly
white with a thin veneer of pink beneath the membrane
and not at all like Clive Barker would tell you. I can't
remember if they'd cut the feet off or not. I was to busy
sampling the dry dog food out on the back porch.

I do remember the sound of the buckshot hitting the
trash can from them plucking it out with their hunting knives.
Absomphe
I had a friend at the University of Buffalo who swore by doggie biscuits.

He'd eat one a day, and when asked why he had this weird proclivity, he'd respond by saying that his dog, Cindy was thriving at 21 years of age, and that if they were good enough for her, they were good enough for him.

I tried one a couple of times, and damn if they weren't half bad…I'd probably have been more into the squirrel meat, though.

Selmac
Squirrels are mighty tasty.
Kallisti
Woot! All your whiners are belong to us! poop.gif

We decided, in our infinite wisdom, to roll the new skin despite the fact that I need to get the drop down menu working and finish converting the buttons.

So please bare with us while we clean up around here, there are still a few remaining things that are bloo-ish. I think you can select your skin type in the bottom left footer. If you can't I'll try and make that available.

vagina.gif ??? does anyone know what this is?
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Nov 6 2005, 02:29 AM) *

I do remember the sound of the buckshot hitting the
trash can from them plucking it out with their hunting knives.

They didn't just peel the squirrel off the road? What a waste of good buckshot!

QUOTE(Kallisti @ Nov 8 2005, 11:33 AM) *

Looks like Georgia O'Keefe's fantasy of Liberace.
Kallisti
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 8 2005, 11:44 AM) *

Looks like Georgia O'Keefe's fantasy of Liberace.

Venus on a half labia?

Click to view attachment
Donnie Darko
A doberman and an owl too? That's kinky.
Stroller
Okay, this is now much easier on the eyes!!!

Now I don't have the blues.
celticgent
wowzers
brucer
Excellent ! My compliments to the designer(s). Your efforts are appreciated.

abs-cheers.gif abs-cheers.gif

Bruce
Hiram

It is in fact Liberace. And yes, it has an uncomfortable, labia-like aspect to it.

IPB Image
Absomphe
Nice second skin!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.