Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: **Warning** do not try Strega Liquor
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Cellar
Jebediah Springfield
The stuff makes me sick. Just one shot and I feel sick to my stomach, with bad nausea. I bought if from a Bevmo store near my pad, and man that crap tastes horrible and is like instant hangover, without any pleasureable effects prior to. Strega = poop.gif
AndrewT
Good to know, I've eyed it before thinking it might be something worth trying at some point. Luckily, you tried it before I did harhar.gif
Donnie Darko
Another liquor to avoid is a Chinese Sorghum whiskey by the name of Wu Liang Yi. It smells just like horse shit and probably tastes like horse shit would too. I gagged and couldn't finish the glass.

I've had Strega, and you speak the truth.
Absomphe
I have a few pottery bottles of 19th centuryChinese "Tiger" whiskey decorating the apartment.

Luckily, they're empty, and were that way when I bought them. poop.gif
Artemis
I've had that Chinese poison - probably the nastiest alcohol I've ever tried to choke down. God, that is some awful stuff. The brand I tried was "Old Awamori". I suspect Awamori was some Tang dynasty general killed on a battlefield in Okinawa and shipped to the mainland in a barrel of that stuff to rest with his ancestors - at least it tasted that way.
tabreaux
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 5 2005, 04:43 PM) *

Another liquor to avoid is a Chinese Sorghum whiskey by the name of Wu Liang Yi. It smells just like horse shit and probably tastes like horse shit would too. I gagged and couldn't finish the glass.

I keep a bottle on hand as a cruel reminder of what liquor could be . . .
Donnie Darko
Better than KOSG.
Oxygenee
or so we assume...
Provenance
There's always Vietnamese vodka which smells remarkably close to rubbing alcohol. Actually, it smells axactly like rubbing alcohol. And there's the rub.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE(Jebediah Springfield @ Nov 4 2005, 03:44 AM) *

Strega = poop.gif

I wouldn't drink it because of the name. Sounds too much like smegma.
Apparently tastes pretty close to the same as well.
Steyr850
"Apparently". Nice cover. harhar.gif
Absomphe
I do not wish to meet the person who's actually done that particular side-by-side flavor comparison.
Jaded Prole
Who says you haven't already?
whizz
headbonk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.