Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oooooooooooh
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
Oxygenee
"Stroller"
I've been wondering what the posting milestones were for the Republic. Are there set titles, or are they just made on the fly

"Absomphe"
Stroller…

Title and Group are two different beasties.

After 300 posts on La Fee you can choose your own title.

As far as your group goes, the number of posts you have has nothing to do with the Syndicate, or membership therein…that is strictly based on how much Admin felatio you've offered.

"Off.Jack Batemaster"
It helps if you've got absolutely no personality and like to say "yes" a lot.

"Absomphe"
Don't forget about pouring over froggy pre-ban absinthe minutia, and translating that tedium into English.

(Puts hands on hips, purses lips)

WELL!!
Stroller
You have to admit they are funny! harhar.gif
crosby
What exactly do you mean by funny?

I guess I should start paying attention to the spam I get:

John Martnez Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Mafiasm is alot like strokin'. Sometimes you need both hands, and other times you're touchin' Cros (who has a very little wang).
Oxygenee
Absomphe - 10th November
As far as your group goes, the number of posts you have has nothing to do with the Syndicate, or membership therein…that is strictly based on how much Admin felatio you've offered.

Could this be just four short days ago…

Absomphe - 6th November
Your refreshing candor is just one of the many reasons we admire you, Oxy.

Ooooooh, oooooohhhhh, yeah baby, YEEAAHHH…
Donnie Darko
Just make sure he takes out his dentures beforehand…
celticgent
this thread =
Head_prosthesis
Ah to be quoted at FeeVerte.

Sweet validation!
Artemis

At least one group was created because certain people were so obnoxious, resulting in so many demands for their banishment, that it was thought that giving them their own playground would keep them out of the front parlor, where they were pissing off the adults.

translating that tedium into English

Being tedious in your native language, that's a horse's ass of a whole different color.
Stroller
crosby Posted Today, 01:18 AM
What exactly do you mean by funny?

I guess I should start paying attention to the spam I get:

John Martnez Yesterday, 07:19 PM

Mafiasm is alot like strokin'. Sometimes you need both hands, and other times you're touchin' Cros (who has a very little wang).

I was speaking of JBM & Absomphe.

As for John,

I think John was just trying to find common ground between the 2 of you.

John Martnez Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Well… --- … --- … I'm also hung like stucco.
Oxygenee
As for John,

I think John was just trying to find common ground between the 2 of you.

John Martnez Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Well… --- … --- … I'm also hung like stucco.

Yeah, that's going to make Cros feel better.
Stroller
Probably not tongue.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(Artemis @ Nov 11 2005, 07:49 AM) *

Being tedious in your native language, that's a horse's ass of a whole different color.

"Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk,…woo, woo, woo,woo, woo, woo…wise guy, why I oughtta…"

Typical excerpt from a show an "adult" considers top of the line humorous entertainment.

Riiiiight.
Jack Batemaster
It's simply just more propoganda perpetuated by The Absinthe Syndicate™.

Long live the Nostrillaz!!!
Oxygenee
It's OK Absomphe, I knew you were being….tongue in cheek
Absomphe
Perceptive as always, Monsieur!
celticgent
tongue tween cheeks more like it.
Artemis
Typical excerpt from a show an "adult" considers top of the line humorous entertainment.

That's not an excerpt, that was the whole banana, but I surmise it can be difficult to attempt another save with so many pucks already lodged between your ……… nostrils.

Tongue in cheek, my ass.
Absomphe
It wasn't even a question of being tongue-in-cheek…I said it was tedium, I didn't say it was crap, nor did I denigrate the texts you and Sixela (among others) had translated, in any other way…translations ARE tedious work, and deserving of "compensation" of one kind or another. It is you who read more into that particular remark than was intended.
Kirk
That's not an excerpt, that was the whole banana,

Ha!
I laugh everytime I read that.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Jack Batemaster @ Nov 11 2005, 08:30 PM) *

Long live the Nostrillaz!!!

The Nostrillaz died a natural death. Head and I just said Kaddish.

I'm open to ideas (privately, by PM to Head or myself) for a replacement group.
Lord Stanley
Head giveth live to the Noztrilla and Head shall taketh away.
Artemis
It is you who read more into that particular remark than was intended.

Here's what I got out of the excerpts Oxy posted:

The issue of how groups and titles get assigned in this forum came up in some other forum. It should have come up in THIS forum, but put that aside for now.

You posted what was quoted of you. It plainly implies that I received some status or title because I translated some tedium. It's your right to pronounce it crap or tedium, or anything else you like (although you never said that here or at Oxy's forum). I personally think that a majority of your own posts are more tedious than any translation I've ever done, and that's my right.

You weren't talking about Sixela because he's not even here anymore, and I do the vast majority of the translation, not Sixela and certainly not "others". If you think otherwise, ask Oxy and he'll set you straight.

You further stated that such assignments here depend upon the assignees sucking up to the admin. You may or may not not have aimed that at me, but since I have every reason to believe that claim is false, I have no problem calling you on that as well.

For what it's worth, whatever groups have been assigned to me here have always been completely at the whim of Head P. or Oxy for reasons known only to them, with no input whatsoever from me. I assume the same applies to everyone else here.

Even if I'm wrong about all of this (and I'm not), you chose to denigrate this forum in a petty, much less than truthful way in another forum, you got caught and you got called on it. I don't care if the nostrils stay or go and I had nothing to do with that decision either.

For the original questioner: the groups and titles here aren't meant to be taken seriously - those ARE tongue in cheek. Your posts here make you what you are, regardless of all that other bullshit.
Stroller
I asked the original question because I was curious. The responses I received were made in jest, like most of the responses on this and other boards. If you want to twist it into something else, that's your business but I think your READING way too much into the remarks made.

As far as being caught, if there was a concern about someone else reading the remarks and the other parties were SERIOUS, they would have used private email instead of posting in a PUBLIC forum.

Chill Arty, this is suppose to be a fun place on the net! abs-cheers.gif
Head_prosthesis
That was very chill for Artemis. Well said and thoughtfully considered.
If it makes you uncomfortable well, that's your problem.

It's just the internet.
Oxygenee
That's right Stroller: from Artemis, that was light-hearted banter.
Absomphe
What the Admins said, Stroller…

Artemis's post was very restrained, and not vitriolic, and his points were reasonably taken, although I stand by my tongue-in-cheek intent.

End of story, for me at least.
Stroller
Lord, I'd hate to see him angry………….

IPB Image

abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
Damn straight.
crosby
QUOTE(Stroller @ Nov 12 2005, 10:20 AM) *

…, this is suppose to be a fun place on the net! abs-cheers.gif

That’s an ugly rumor to be starting.
Stroller
QUOTE(crosby @ Nov 12 2005, 07:53 PM) *

That’s an ugly rumor to be starting.

I didn't start it, I heard that was posted by CelticGent on the "Wiggles" fan site

IPB Image
Lord Stanley
Well, that's out there.
Artemis
I asked the original question because I was curious.

And I gave you a straight answer, which I doubt you got elsewhere.

I thank the admins for their support, which I have sucked very hard to maintain, and I thank Absomphe for his graceful acknowledgement of my carefully considered response.

Move along. Nothing more to see here.

Oxygenee
Let's play out with

Caaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeeeeeel the luuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve tonite….

G'nite folks! Drive safe!
Absomphe
Or, good morning, as the case may be. bye1.gif
Fredie
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Nov 13 2005, 10:17 AM) *

Let's play out with

Caaaaaaaan you feeeeeeeeeeeel the luuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve tonite….

Sting, Phil Collins, Elton John & Carlos Santana form a band with Maria Carey on background vocals……

While on route to a concert in South America their plane crashes and they all have to eat each other to survive…..

Who Survives?

Who cares! at least the other four are dead!!!

abs-cheers.gif
Absomphe
In that situation, I'm routin' for Carlos.
hartsmar
Just have Sting "gone" would be a good start.
Absomphe
I would start with Mariah, Elton would be next, followed closely by Phil Collins, and THEN Sting would have to go.
brucer
Absomphe,

I like your taste in music.

Bruce
grey boy
He's particularly fond of medieval madrigals,
reminds him of his childhood.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.