Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe bong
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Pages: 1, 2
sunsetbrew
What is the deal with this?
IPB Image

I have seen this on ebay and on a few absinthe sites too. It does not interest me as I am just fine with water and a sugar cube. Just curious…. blink.gif

crosby
…™
sunsetbrew
I can't see how that is a good thing. Absinthe should be appreciated, not mainlined. shock.gif

It is as if the straw is there to avoid the taste.
Head_prosthesis
It's like a sex toy for alcoholics.

I'd kinda like to get one.

For free that is.
crosby
QUOTE(sunsetbrew @ Nov 11 2005, 10:02 PM) *

It is as if the straw is there to avoid the taste.

Since she's drinking Sebor, I'd have to say that would be a good thing.
Lord Stanley
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Nov 12 2005, 01:04 AM) *

I'd kinda like to get one.

headbonk.gif
Head_bonque?
badger
According to the UK Sebor website, it is a "sipping pipe." I have only seen it on sebor's website. Such people as Johnny Depp pictured here on the Bairnsfather website, another product from Sebor.
Head_prosthesis
It'd be great for a martini.

Maybe not. I see an obstruction.
Stroller
I want to see a photo of someone doing the fire ritual with the pipe!
evolution
yeah….but what about putting absinthe in one's real bong and letting the smoke go through….oh never mind…..
The Standard Deviant
Diluted first, I would hope.
Jaded Prole
Such substances may be complimentary (or so I've heard) but not in that manner. Why waste the absinthe?
evolution
QUOTE(Jaded Prol @ Nov 12 2005, 05:34 PM) *

Such substances may be complimentary (or so I've heard) but not in that manner. Why waste the absinthe?

it would be a total waste of absinthe. and it would dilute the "smoker's paradise" in the bong. it just reminded me of so many years ago when my friends and I thought it was a smart thing to put JD in our bongs. I do believe one day one of us actually tried to drink the jack daniels…and puked…..
Stroller
QUOTE(evolution @ Nov 12 2005, 06:42 PM) *

it would be a total waste of absinthe. and it would dilute the "smoker's paradise" in the bong. it just reminded me of so many years ago when my friends and I thought it was a smart thing to put JD in our bongs. I do believe one day one of us actually tried to drink the jack daniels…and puked…..

That's just wrong!
evolution
QUOTE(Stroller @ Nov 12 2005, 09:57 PM) *

That's just wrong!

factually or ethically? (mind you, I was referring to the actions of 16 year olds in the 1980s)
Fredie
QUOTE(badger @ Nov 12 2005, 09:28 AM) *

According to the UK Sebor website, it is a "sipping pipe." I have only seen it on sebor's website. Such people as Johnny Depp pictured here on the Bairnsfather website, another product from Sebor.

Well there goes just about every bit of respect I had for the guy…..

I'm surprised he didn't try lighting the damn bong on fire.!!! no-czechs3.gif
brucer
I have used one of those things, with Sebor, in a pub.

Nasty admission, I know …… but it was at least five years ago before I knew better. fart.gif

As for whisky in bongs …. my memories of thirty years ago was that a some whisky or red wine in the bong with the ice and a little water improved the smoke. Of course, we never drank the liquid after …. we were intelligent students.

Bruce
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(Fredie @ Nov 13 2005, 12:21 AM) *

I'm surprised he didn't try lighting the damn bong on fire.!!!

Fredie
Oh for christ's sake……

It'd have been funny as hell if that thing would have blown up in his face ala Richard Pryor…..

We'd have all heard about it on the evening news….

and of course then Absinthe would be even harder to get here in the states….

Fucking moron……

Someone needs to bitchslap him with those Scissor hands!!! pirate2.gif
Stroller
QUOTE(evolution @ Nov 12 2005, 09:19 PM) *

factually or ethically? (mind you, I was referring to the actions of 16 year olds in the 1980s)

Wrong as in disgusting!

IPB Image
jmfranc
QUOTE(evolution @ Nov 12 2005, 02:48 PM) *

yeah….but what about putting absinthe in one's real bong and letting the smoke go through….oh never mind…..

I did this with a hooka once just to get rid of my bottle of Absente. Added to the flavors but didn't overpower it.
Donnie Darko

From what I understand those pics are from several years ago. I've heard both he and Marilyn Manson have moved on to better absinthes. Not that it matters.
brucer
God. there are some thick people around ….

Even four/five years ago, before I had the benefit of this forum, when I drank Sorbor through one of those the landlord filled it up with crushed ICE, not fire !!

no-czechs3.gif

Kids these days … they don't even know how to take cocaine properly.

Bruce
Fredie
QUOTE(brucer @ Nov 14 2005, 12:14 PM) *

Kids these days … they don't even know how to take cocaine properly.

Don't they take it rectally these days?!?!
sleepy.gif
le Gimp
Ass Pipe?
celticgent
yes?
traineraz
I still don't get why they make a topless, glass sippy cup for drunk people.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on a sippy cup for topless people?
badger
QUOTE(Donnie Darko @ Nov 14 2005, 11:55 AM) *

From what I understand those pics are from several years ago. I've heard both he and Marilyn Manson have moved on to better absinthes. Not that it matters.

Actually according to La Fee, he "only drinks La Fee," Marilyn Manson that is. Must bring him back to the days when he used to drink bodily fluids on stage.
Fredie
Er….. Technically you know that's anyone who drinks milk or eats honey as well.
Stroller
Recently seen on ebay.

You think Ted endorses this product?

Absinthe bonques have been used since the late 1800's as an alternative to the spoon/louche method. It is said that sipping absinthe through a bonque increases the mind altering effect of the drink. This may be true as any seasoned absinthe drinker will tell you that sipping the liqueur over a period of time gives a "layered" absinthe effect.

IPB Image
le Gimp
"Absinthe bonques have been used since the late 1800's"

Can you give a source of reference information?

Stroller
That was text from the ebay add. I have no clue were they found it.

I just thing their choice in background product is funny. I think King of Spirits would be more fitting.
le Gimp
Aha, just more bs.

I was thinking that if there was actual documentation it would also support the contention that Czech Absinthe dated to pre 1920.

No such luck.
Symbiote
It seems to me those things would be more useful for smoking than drinking.
The Standard Deviant
Wouldn't the glass crack as you inhaled and whatever it was you were smoking heated up significantly?
hartsmar
Would that make it a crack pipe?
The Standard Deviant
I just had a mental image of inhaling a mixture of glass fragments and absinth. I don't know which would hurt more.
Absomphe
Congrats on that ebay win, Oxy!

I'd never seen such a beautiuful reservoir glass, and I assume it was made for the Italian market...really elegant. abs-cheers.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
huh?
post a link! I wanna see
Absomphe
Just check ebay under the seller name" absinthe-antiques", and include completed listings.
sunsetbrew
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Nov 26 2005, 06:32 PM) *

huh?
post a link! I wanna see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6228152908
Wild Bill Turkey
Yep. That's really nice. I'm vert with envy.
Fredie
And of course you notice who the winner was ........
jacal01

Anybody else getting these ads?

IPB Image
traineraz
No. I'm not on Sebor's mailing list.

How do ya WASH those things, anyway? Or is years of funk part of the "layering" effect?
jacal01
I think you're supposed to have chunks of stuff flaking off and lying around.

I first read that as love pipe, which conjured up a whole 'nother image.
Wild Bill Turkey
Think they were trying to write Luver pipe?
Absomphe
To dredge up my old play on words, that should read, "Absinth makes the fart grow Hondas".

With any luck, Honda would sue their worthless asses, and put 'em out of business.
jacal01
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Feb 8 2006, 12:32 PM) *

Think they were trying to write Luver pipe?

Actually, no. Whoever there writing copy for the American market is in command of his English. Webster defines it as a romantic infatuation (also spelled lerve), and British slang usage implies it as love with more passion and lust.

Lurch works for me, tho.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(jacal01 @ Feb 8 2006, 06:18 PM) *

Whoever there writing copy for the American market is in command of his English.

I'll exercise restraint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.