Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Guide: Alandia
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide > The Fee Verte Absinthe Vendors Guide
Oxygenee
Discuss
hartsmar
Too much thujone "shilling" for me.
They could lose the gummi bears and the match boxes.
They do offer a huge variety, but much of it is crap.

Decent service otherwise.
Lord Stanley
Reliable delivery with their courier. Prices on par with other vendors.

I have no problem with the Gummi Bears, matches, thujone hyping or questionable products because I know what I'm looking for when I order.

What's the deal with the Gummi Bears, anyways?
Fredie
I tend to agree with Hartsmar….

Hearts in the right place….though maybe not the head…..
crosby
QUOTE(Lord Stanley @ Nov 21 2005, 02:15 PM) *

It's a German thing.

I agree with the rest of what you said. I prefer Alandia to the other vendors, except for LdF that is.
crosby
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Nov 21 2005, 12:46 PM) *

Too much thujone "shilling" for me.

Decent service otherwise.

Once again, it’s a German thing. Until recently, you could browse for absinthe by thujone content on Markus’s site. Markus flat out stated that he did it because it helped sales amongst his German customers. Maybe he saw the light because he has a better class of friends.
Wild Bill Turkey
Alandia also has a huge range of accessories you can't get anywhere else.
A wide range of exotic absinthe glasses and fountains I've never even seen pictures of anywhere else. They have absinthe grilles while everybody else just has spoons. They have several different styles of bonques.

The only thing I've ever gotten from them is glassware. Unique reservoir glasses, and a fountain. Everything arrived safely, but I would say the packaging was on the low end when compared to LdF or Markus. Shipping time was 10 days, but I had only selected air mail instead of courier since there was no absinthe.

But I did get my first-ever delayed bill from the Flying Monkeys. A week and a half after my last delivery from Alandia, I got a bill from Flying Monkey Inc. for 15.50, for a shipment of two glasses, for processing through customs. I've heard of people getting these surprise-bills on occassional shipments of booze, and usually the bill is for roughly twice mine.
Morgoth
Alandia is the only vendor with whom I've placed an order so far, so I can't tell about the others.
What I do know is that they have an excellent service. If there's a problem, they fix it as soon as possible. Also if you send them a mail with any question, you get an answer pretty fast.
As mentioned before, they have a wide variety of absinthes, absinthiana, antiques etc. Yes they sell some crappy absinths, but hey, alot of vendors do and they have the good ones as well.
To make it short, I've been extremely satisfied with their service and I'll definatly place more orders with alandia.

P.S.: The gummi bears tasted good tongue.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
Ahh yes, the Gummi Bears. I do like the Gummi Bears.
Recently got a couple of Alandia's Swiss-Cross spoon repros, and they came with a free box of matches to ruin them with.

The spoons really are nice, by the way, in case anyone's been thinking about getting one. They're very solid and they look and feel more substantial than the average modern absinthe spoon, just like it says in the little advertising blurb.
BaMF
never had any problems large variety definrtly would recommend to others.
Wild Bill Turkey
Just got a couple of the new "antique finish" spoons that Alandia has had manufactured. For the price, these are really very good. They look and feel like antique lozenge spoons. I hate to sound like I'm shilling, so I'm not putting up a link or anything. But geez, these are nicer than I expected, especially for the price. I actually got them from a guy who resells them on ebay, and they were still kind of cheap.
badger
I have a funny story about Alandia. About 3 years ago in January of 2003 I had taken a trip to Cologne Germany. Back than, do not know if they still list it, I got the address for Alandia from their website, under the impression that they were also a shop. After a big trek from the trainstation, I was walking further and further away from the city center, I had reached the university. At last I saw the street listed in the address. I searched for the number, found the buzzer for Alandia. My smile quickly turned into a frown, much like Clark Griswald's in National Lampoons Vacation when he sees the moose. It appeared that the address was just someone's appartment. I buzzed the number and someone's voice came on "well yes this is Alandia but no we are not a shop." Ever since than I can't help but smile and wonder why in the world I thought they had a shop. Of course by that time it was pitch black and freezing cold. Oh well, they still have an excellent selection and pretty good prices.
Fredie

Reliable delivery with their courier. Prices on par with other vendors.

I have no problem with the Gummi Bears, matches, chop.gif hyping or questionable products because I know what I'm looking for when I order.

It's a German thing.....

Like never giving someone flowers that are wrapped in paper (it's just NOT done there)
I just bought a Soccer Jersey from someone in Germany and they sent Gummi Bears along as well....
crosby
QUOTE(crosby @ Nov 21 2005, 06:53 PM) *

It's a German thing.

I agree with the rest of what you said. I prefer Alandia to the other vendors, except for LdF that is.

Gee, I thought I said that last year.

I have a funny Alandia stiory, but only H & K know it. It has nothing to do with how they do business, well, at least not absinthe business. cdog-plain.gif
badger
Has anyone ever tried their La Bleue? I don't know if the rating for the La Bleue Cladestine is Alandia's or Bugnon's?
Marc
same La Bleue Clandestine, Alandia's = Bugnon's, but different label.
hartsmar
Well.. One thing is for sure. They're not completely bright over there at Alandia...

http://www.alandia.de/absinthe/product_inf...Fils-Small.html

The bottle is an empty antique Pernod Fils 1L bottle. They have affixed a limited edition REPRODUCTION label from...Edouard Pernod...to that!
And they have the amazing guts to ask for 120 Euros for it!

Anyone who buys that is likely even dumber than those buying juice strainers as absinthe spoons!
SoulShade
My grandmother would have put them under the large umbrella of things she declared fekete, and not allowed anyone in the family to buy from them.
jacal01
Yeah, fekem.
bob_chong
QUOTE(SoulShade @ May 11 2006, 12:37 PM) *

fekete

Hungarian?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.