Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Guide: All Things Absinthe - Betty
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide > The Fee Verte Absinthe Vendors Guide
Oxygenee
Discuss!
hartsmar
I personally think that Betty role is outplayed since long ago. The one thing I'd say people could buy from her would be her book.

I do not think Betty belongs to the vendors list. Or, At least not a list of "recommended" vendors.

I've had the thought myself for my website, of putting other "decent" vendors - but with whom I've never dealt with in person or for some various reasons won't recommend but still mention - in a category of their own.

Then again, with the history of Betty to some people here, I doubt she would belong on that "secondary" list as well.
Donnie Darko
She's a fish in a barrel and we're fishing with hand grenades.

She still owes me $$ from 5 years ago for a shot of Edouard I paid for but never received (I paid for 2, she sent me 30ml).

She has attempted to sell post-ban pastis fountains as pre-ban.

She lies about her competitors, disgruntled customers, and manufacturers who have cut her off.

She is an oompa loompa.
Kirk
She cons artists.
Fredie
I bought 1 bottle of La Blue from her years ago for a hundred bucks….
It was great….. No problems……
Have no idea what she's like now…..
turangalila
Everything she sells is hideously overpriced. I never bought anything from her, but only out of luck & with some help from this forum.
badger
A lot of her info is outdated. 6 years ago I asked her for an inquiry of her selection, and last year I asked again and to tell the truth it was still the same overpriced absinthe with the ridiculous quote claiming "I am the only safe way to get absinthe to your home on the internet, no site can claim insurance on a package or customs seizure….." Followed by something about agents knocking at your door when you are sipping absinthe. From what I nuderstand, she buys from other sites, marks up the price and then resells it.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Fredie @ Nov 21 2005, 04:34 PM) *

I bought 1 bottle of La Blue from her years ago for a hundred bucks….
It was great….. No problems……
Have no idea what she's like now…..

Must have been quite a few years ago, because when I bought a few bottles of LaBleue from a lad on this forum in 2000, they were $120 each, and that was cheaper than Betty's going rate…the alcohol was also a higher proof, and from all the comments back then, the taste was far superior to Betty's product.
Kirk
"Have no idea what she's like now…"

Oh really?
You have no idea about Betty?
Do you ever read any absinthe forums?
Fredie
QUOTE(Kirk @ Nov 22 2005, 07:36 AM) *

"Have no idea what she's like now…"

Oh really?
You have no idea about Betty?
Do you ever read any absinthe forums?

I have no personal idea…. I figured that was obvious.
come on dude, I'm not an idiot.
I know a lot of people here dislike her and it's most likely justified.
But she sold me a bottle years ago and cheap and it was great…..
I'm not going to slag someone that didn't burn me.
Even if she burned everybody else.
I'm not standing on a soapbox saying she's the greatest thing since sliced bread
geez, I only did the one transaction with her….
But I'm not going to say she sucks if she didn't do anythng bad to me personally.
I've heeded your warnings and have not bought from her again since….
zachM
I used to get a bottle from her every now and again. She charged 180 for a bottle of lemercier 72. I always got what I ordered but I have never had any major problems from any of the major absinthe vendors either. Plus I can get two or three bottles for what I paid her for one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.