Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Guide: Fine Spirits Corner
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide > The Fee Verte Absinthe Vendors Guide
Pages: 1, 2
Fredie
…I will

er,….discuss?!

For me great service….. even sent me a bottle of mari mayans when one was over due only a week and I was merely inquiring about it….. so technically, I'm one up on them! Cheers Barcelona!! abs-cheers.gif
Stroller
Very good service. A+++++++++++++++++

wait, this isn't ebay.
Fredie
QUOTE(Stroller @ Nov 21 2005, 04:48 PM) *

wait, this isn't ebay.

(in my best Joe Pesci)
….are you suuure?
yes.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
Spirits Corner gets the Wild Bill Turkey stamp of approval ( so widely coveted )

They have a few brands you can't get anywhere else, and their service is top-notch.
hartsmar
Yes, the Spirits Corner is a place I trust indeed.
Donnie Darko
They have reliable service, although they don't carry a single brand I'd pay money for.

Fredie
Anyone… besides me, Ever visit their shop in Barcelona?
Perruche_verte
They have always provided good value and outstanding service. Unfortunately, most recent additions to their product line have not been premium absinthes.
eric
This is the place to get your Serpis and Segarra Absenta. They also were the first reliable vendor of Absinthe on the net.
Breson
Only good expereinces with FSC. They have the best packaging sytem of any bottles I have received.
wooperman
I placed an order with Fine Spirits Corner. I went with the regular shipping. They warn that it might take 7-9 weeks. I remember seeing somewhere that it doesn't really take that long...anyone experience shorter than expected shipping time? I live in Florida.
wooperman
I'll answer my own question. Instead of the 9 weeks they said it tould take (because i used the cheap shipping), it took 7 days. Curious thing is that the Deva bottle was opened and had spilled a little, maybe a ounce or so, nothing major. Not sure if bottle came open during shipment, though it seems like a defective cap that - once the metal-ring seal that keeps it on the bottle was broken, the cap does not screw on properly.

Also, the spanish absinthes have national paper seal that goes up and over the bottle caps. All but one was missing, but you could tell that they were there at one time due to the sticky residue. I honestly cannot tell if these things had been opened before me.

I ordered six various bottles of some cheaper spanish absinthes. Only four showed up. That stands to reason, looks like the way they pack, they only do four or less at a time, so in the near future i expect the other two to show.
I emailed them as to what happend, but i am waiting for a response. They seem to be good a good company, other inquiries have been answered quickly . With a long trip to america from overseas using economy shipping, perfection may be a little too much to expect. I am satisfied for now and would reccomned them in the future for beginners for the selection alone, but use airmail option or courrier.
btw, I live in florida
Wild Bill Turkey
I'm sure most of you got the email, but for anybody who didn't, there's a new reason to love Christina.

FSC Carries Duplais
Stroller
I do like Christina, but I don't care for the dishwater taste that Duplais has.
hartsmar
Makes me wonder what batch of the Duplais you got. Also makes me wonder if it was the Duplais at all...

jacal01
The first batch was quite unremarkable.
Stroller
I think I received it towards the end of December- begining of January. I opened it not long ago.

Edit. Ordered it November 22nd.
hartsmar
Probably first batch then. Second was way improved but, dishwater?
Stroller
Dishwater is the best description. Maybe I'll try another glass & see if I have the same reaction.
Selmac
I had a bottle of Duplais from the first batch and I really didn't care for it. There was more sediment in that bottle than I have ever seen in an absinthe. The second batch is a complete turnaround.
G&C
Sediment is not a bad thing.

Shake it up and drink it.
traineraz
Or filterate it.

I bought a bottle of the Duplais before moving to Phoenix, and I found it quite tasty! No sediment issues, either.

Unfortunately, there are so many others I've yet to try that I hate the idea of ordering three bottles of one thing!
Absomphe
I really liked the coriander finish in the second batch, but the instant feuille morte was a bit disconcerting.
Steyr850
Speaking of, my Ike has changed from beautiful green to almost the exact shade of the Duplais, just not as dark.
Esseintes
We're soon going to introduce an improved version of the Absinthe Duplais. We were using grape base, better herbs and have completely changed the coloring system. It is now really green and should be stabile. Taste is much more defined, much more present and intense.

I had the new one in a tasting in Zürich this week. Upon 20 other Absinthes from Switzerland, it was the one which gained most points.
Heure Verte
Speaking of the color :

IPB Image

Duplais France (May batch) before louche.

IPB Image

After louche
Steyr850
Wow, that's the strongest post-louche shade of green I've ever seen. Is that a sample of which Markus is referring too? More info please!
Absomphe
It's also the most beautiful shade of pre-louched green I've ever seen, even topping the Edouard.
Heure Verte
Actually, the absinthe is the Duplais specially made for France (less fennel, more other herbs), and only avaiable in France since yesterday.
I guess the coloring process is the same for the last batch of regular Duplais and that it will have this wonderful color.
I was really amazed when I poured this glass blink.gif .

I shot these pictures for my incoming review of the Duplais France on heureverte.com.
Steyr850
I'm salivating just looking at those pics over and over again.
Wild Bill Turkey
The color really is stunning in both pictures. I'd have to agree that's the pretty pre-louche color I've ever seen. Post-louche, it looks just like the Doubs, and I always thought the color of the Doubs was enhanced artificially, allowing it to stay so green after louching.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(www.Absinthe-Distribution.com @ Jun 15 2006, 10:38 PM) *

We're soon going to introduce an improved version of the Absinthe Duplais. We were using grape base, better herbs and have completely changed the coloring system. It is now really green and should be stabile. Taste is much more defined, much more present and intense.

Will you make an announcement when this new version of the Duplais is available? Any estimate of when it will be?
Esseintes
I have just very few bottles of the "Old" version left over, so I guess I will offer the new one winthin the next 2 weeks. Anyway, I will inform customers via newsletter.

Unfortunately I have to rise the price about 10% in the same moment, due to much higher energy costs, higher costs for herbs and alcohol. Sorry!
Selmac
I agree with Wild Bill on the post-louche color. I'm not saying the color looks artificial, but I've never seen a naturally colored verte louche quite like that. I'm looking forward to trying the latest version!
Selmac
Sorry, double post.
bob_chong
Anyone know how long the SC regular mail shipping time to the US really is? Their site says nine weeks, which seems oddly slow.

Just curious, thanks!

BC
Jaded Prole
Easily 6 to 9 weeks -- and usually not worth the wait.
wooperman
yes don't do it. spend more, worry less......i got bottles from 6-9 weeks of god knows where, and there was distress, one bottle had leaked somehow, another seems to have had a cap-not-fitting-snug issue too. I think they got hot,cold,upsidedown, and kicked around in all that time and it was obvious.
bob_chong
Thanks, folks. I always did airmail in the past. I was just curious if the 9 weeks was correct. Must come by donkey.
ubu
A few days ago I ordered a bottle of Eichelberger Verte and a bottle of Serpis 65 from a different vendor. Today I was on the SC site and realized the same order would have cost me a lot less (and that's not with the regular mail shipping); I could have almost bought an extra bottle of Ike. I should have done my homework. frusty.gif
bob_chong
What was the other vendor?
ubu
I didn't really want to say, because I've had nothing but good experiences with them. A vendor from Spain should be able to sell Serpis cheaper, so I don't fault Eabsinthe... I mean, the other vendor.
ubu
Plus I've only ever ordered from LDF and Eabsinthe and there's a certain comfort level there. I place an order Friday morning and I can usually count on receiving it Monday morning.
Grunfee
I emailed fsc 3 times and never, not once, have I received a reply.

My junk filter is set to off btw.
traineraz
That's unusual.

Perhaps Cristina doesn't like you?

I haven't ordered from them in some time, but always got excellent customer service.

That said, their economy shipping normally took several weeks.
The Lava Lamp
I have to give this vendor "mad props" as it were.

Federico & SpiritsCorner.com have to be the best vendor I've ever dealt with.
I've purchased from eAbsinthe.com and from another vendor I can't remember the name of (many years ago, many drinks ago, many….you get the point) and for price, service, shipping, etc they are the best around

As a matter o' fact. I ordered a bottle of Eichelberger, Serpis 65, 3 classic style absinthe glasses, and 3 spoons from these folks. Bottles and spoons came in 7 working days, and glasses in 9. One of the glasses was broken, however, after contacting Federico he sent me 2 new glasses. So really, I have nothing to complain about and I would definitely order from them again.

Cheers folks!

The Lava Lamp

Click to view attachment
Serpis 65, glass, and spoon in pic from SpiritsCorner.com
Wild Bill Turkey
C'mon, don't skimp on the sugar. I can still see part of your spoon.
absinthist
Serpis needs sugaring, a revolucion!
Absomphe
Okay, Che.
crosby
You people are going to bring back Fredie's evil spirit. Let this thread die.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.