Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Guide: Vert d'Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide > The Fee Verte Absinthe Vendors Guide
badger
Last month I had placed an order with this site for a bottle of Jade NO. The transaction went very smoothly and I recieved my package in under a week. Very nice selection of absinthe and accesories with low cost for shipping. I can't wait until I go back to Paris and I have the chance to visit this store first hand, from the pictures it really looks like an interesting shop. Fairly new to the absinthe market, great service, and very fine selection of French and Swiss absinthe.
The Standard Deviant
The shop itself (in Paris) is very nice, with a good range of quality products (absinthe, accessories, reproduction memorabilia) and friendly service.
zachM
Didnt this place just open this year? I believe I remember reading about it here from someone.
Marc
it opened in June 2005, a beautiful old-style shop...
Stomp Brockmore
I'm going to be in Paris at the end of April, beginning of May, and can't wait to visit this shop. Sure to spend some money too - and also finally be able to get my hands on some Nouvelle-Orleans. I live where the Jade Monkeys do not fly...
The Standard Deviant
It is quite simply wonderful.
Marc
QUOTE(Stomp Brockmore @ Mar 3 2006, 03:15 AM) *

I'm going to be in Paris at the end of April, beginning of May, and can't wait to visit this shop. Sure to spend some money too - and also finally be able to get my hands on some Nouvelle-Orleans. I live where the Jade Monkeys do not fly...

Vert d'Absinthe will maybe hold the Edouard and Verte Suisse too by that time...
But it's in Ted's Hands, we really want those 2 to be available in France ASAP, but I know they have to change bottles volumes and labels specially for the french market, which is painful.
it's produced by Combier in France though... should be easy...
Stomp Brockmore
Ahh, I see. I was wondering why the NO was the only Jade available...didn't realize that it was a 70cl bottle instead of 75. Makes sense... well, in any case... very excited to visit the shop! My hotel is only about 10 minutes away...
Marc
Did you know that since May 2nd Luc has opened an online shop ? http://www.vertdabsinthe.com/shop/
hartsmar
cool!
Jaded Prole
Nice range of absinthes.
Marc
He already has the Epoque. He commented that it's in the Jades' range, very complex and floral, very good product apparently.
So if you want to skip Alandia, go visit Luc's shop!
Kirk
Excellent.
Steve
I arrived in Paris a few hours ago, and I just had a nice visit with Luc in his shop. I asked him what he had that was interesting, and he suggested the Epoque. He gave me a sample, and I thought it was quite good so I bought a bottle, and one of Frenchman's new Pontarlier glasses (as if I don't have enough glasses at home already!). I'm having a glass of the Epoque now at the hotel, and it's really very good. It still has the underlying taste of the Eichelberger but is much more intense and floral. I agree it is one of the best commercial absinthes I have tasted.
pierreverte
St Ouen flea market saturday morning

Verte d'Absinthe shop afternoon...

Dinner saturday night, 19hr45:

Les Deux Canards
8 rue du Faubourg Poissoniere
10eme - Metro Bonne Nouvelle
01 47 70 03 23
Steve
Yes, definitely! If you guys are doing anything else tomorrow, let me know.

Ah, you edited. Yes definitely I'll go the the marché aux puces!
pierreverte
Green Hour at my apartment tonight, if you want to stop by, any time after 630PM.
Greek mezédes, retsina, various absinthes...
Provenance
I've purchased from Luc -- he's a class act. Now there's no excuse, as if there ever was, to buy from Alandia.
Bruno Rygseck
I placed an order on Vert d'Absinthe even though I do not know French (I did some guessing and used a dictionary).

Everything went fine and I now own nice glassware (drippers), a "sous-verre" and postcards to give to family & friends. Much recommended! Best would be to visit his shop in person.

abs-cheers.gif to Heure Verte!

-BR-
Heure Verte
Thanks, we care about our parcels !
I translated 3 days ago the core of the webshop (order part) in order to help english speaking people (a folk from WS pointed at me that the google translation was not working fine so don't use it !).
dakini_painter
Wonderful!

Some day I hope to have money…
Steve
A visit to Luc's shop is highly recommended!
IPB Image
Shabba53
My wife passed on a 30 day deployment to Paris. I would have found good reason to tag along. So bitter…
Provenance
You have reasonable grounds for divorce.
Shabba53
That's what I said! Then she laughed…

Dammit.
Provenance
You do have my sympathy.
G&C
Not mine.

His choice to have married her.
Shabba53
Well, she IS one of the most intelligent, funniest and hottest chicks I've met.

I'll give her a mulligan on this one.
Absomphe
And you can always use that sweet, romantic, and classic line on her…We'll always have Paris…NOT! harhar.gif
G&C
Ha!
Steve
You could always do what I do, if your S.O. doesn't want to do something you want to do, just do it anyway and they can stay home. Problem solved!
Wilson
That's true. When she turned the job down, you knew right then that they had an opening. You should have jumped all over that.
G&C
QUOTE(Spoon @ May 2 2008, 08:02 PM) *
You could always do what I do, if your S.O. doesn't want to do something you want to do, just do it anyway and they can stay home. Problem solved!

End of Story!™
Shabba53
QUOTE(Wilson @ May 2 2008, 11:07 PM) *

When she turned the job down, you knew right then that they had an opening.

Tempting. But I think I'd rather continue owning my biz. I don't ever want to be a slave to 'the man' again! viking_emoticon.gif
Absomphe
Hear, hear! abs-cheers.gif
Bruno Rygseck
Bump. Again a very good online shopping experience from Vert d'Absinthe: great products and service. And, very-much-belated birthday greetings to Luc!

BR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.