Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vendor Guide: eAbsinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide > The Fee Verte Absinthe Vendors Guide
Oxygenee
Cool new website, but are the prices good, and does the service live up to their promises? Your thoughts here please.
sea_of_lament
Well, primarily I'm posting to see if Alan can answer one question about the price of an absinthe.

How is it that the Cami Toulouse-Lautrec is so expensive? I mean, it's even more than a Jade blink.gif While others offer it for at about half the price...and it's for sure not about the quality as I've reviewed it and found it undrinkable.

Oh, yeah, I also bought from this site back when they only selled La Fee and Hills. I bought the Parisian and got my package in about 7 days. Good service.
alanmoss
QUOTE(sea_of_lament @ Dec 5 2005, 01:11 PM) *

Well, primarily I'm posting to see if Alan can answer one question about the price of an absinthe.

How is it that the Cami Toulouse-Lautrec is so expensive? I mean, it's even more than a Jade blink.gif While others offer it for at about half the price...and it's for sure not about the quality as I've reviewed it and found it undrinkable.

Oh, yeah, I also bought from this site back when they only selled La Fee and Hills. I bought the Parisian and got my package in about 7 days. Good service.

Hi Sea of Lament,

A good question. Having launched a site now selling over 50 brands, we SEEM to have got this brand priced incorrectly (partly based on what we paid for it, to be frank).

I'll look into it and would hope to rectify it soon.

Wild Bill Turkey
The website does look really promising! Is there a reason for carrying the Serpis 55 and not the 65?
I'll definitely give the service a try sometime.

On another note, The site has the most complete account I've found so far of the... history of Hill's absinth:
The original Bohemian Spirit. With a smooth flavor that has stood the test of 80 years, Hill's Absinth has earned its reputation as one of the world's premiere wormwood liquors.

Hill's Absinth became popular during Word War II. Rationing was put into effect by the Nazi Regime but was based on the volume of liquid, rather than the strength of alcohol. People soon realized that they could buy Hill's Absinth, water it down and still get a good value drink for their money.

Hill's Absinth was resurrected in the early 90s by the lobbying of an old fan from Besidce ve Slavonicich and at first only available there. Hill's Absinth was the first modern Absinth available in the UK where it was also one of the first drinks sold on eAbsinthe.com.
alanmoss
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 6 2005, 04:01 AM) *

The website does look really promising! Is there a reason for carrying the Serpis 55 and not the 65?

Hi Wild Bill Turkey,

As far as I know, Serpis 65 is only available in liter bottles, and we wanted to keep the price down, with both a lower strength, and a slightly smaller bottle. Given that many of our customers are less knowledgeable than Forum members, we want to ensure that some of the products in our range are very affordable.

But we'll certainly have a look at the 65: thanks for the suggestion.
Ari
When you take into account shipping for the bottle and the higher proof, Serpis 65 might be an overall higher cost but I believe shot per shot it is cheaper than Serpis 55 (and it's liked more).
Wild Bill Turkey
Hey Alan,
Can you tell me if the Montmartre being offered by eAbsinthe is the current (second) edition? I know some vendors are still selling stock from the first edition.
Artemis
Hill's Absinth became popular during Word War II.

I'd like to see one shred of evidence that Hill's "absinth" existed before 1990, much less was popular. Anybody who repeats the above claim in any form, anywhere, put up or shut up.
alanmoss
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 16 2005, 02:20 AM) *

Hey Alan,
Can you tell me if the Montmartre being offered by eAbsinthe is the current (second) edition? I know some vendors are still selling stock from the first edition.

Hi Wild Bill,

We are still selling stock from the first edition. As soon as we move to the second edition, we will show this on the site.
Wild Bill Turkey
Thanks!
Grim
QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 16 2005, 11:07 AM) *

Hill's Absinth became popular during Word War II.

I'd like to see one shred of evidence that Hill's "absinth" existed before 1990, much less was popular. Anybody who repeats the above claim in any form, anywhere, put up or shut up.

Stroller
The link has an article that references Hill's.

Hill's 1917
Artemis
A bottle, a label, a bill of sale, an advertisement, a picture of a stormtrooper with his boot in the ass of some fool with a burning glass of liquor, please.
Ari
I'm still waiting for Alan to explain that one.
I think there is a reason he is taking so long.
alanmoss
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 6 2005, 04:01 AM) *

Just to let Wild Bill Turkey know that we now carry the Serpis 65 as well.
MoMo
The first absinthe I got was La Fee Parisian from eAbsinthe. The transaction was fine. The only problem I had was with my local post office. I wasn't home when it was delivered so when I went there to pick it up, they couldn't find it. I was so pissed! They found it the next day though.
alanmoss
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 16 2005, 02:20 AM) *

Hey Alan,

Hi Wild Bill Turkey,

We are now on the second edition of Montmartre, and for 2/3 weeks only have a special promotion: buy Montmartre, La Fée Parisian and a spoon, and get two Perigord glasses free.
sixela
I don't know if www.lafeeabsinthe.com is still linked to eabsinthe.com, BTW. Is it?

You have to love the new news item on that La Fée site:

Paris Hilton Absinthe?
16 Feb 06 - While celebrating her birthday at London club Kaberet Prophecy, celebrity heiress Paris Hilton spotted Prince, and with absinthe in hand, climbed into the DJ booth and announced: “I'm celebrating my birthday and Prince is in the house, so I want to play his new single because he's hot,”

I can see the marketing slogan right now: "La Fée absinthe, for people with the wits and intelligence of Paris Hilton".
shinsain
I have placed two orders so far from them and their courier shipping is perfect. Prices are good, selection is great and Alan always reply to emails.

One thing I specificially like is that you get a tracking number with your order so you know where it is.

:cheers:

Aaron
Jane Avril
Alan, your site and shipping are great! I just placed my second order. The first one was on a Wednesday night and I received it that Monday. I ordered this coming order on Wednesday night. I am sure it will be here on Monday. (Note to self: Get everything done on the weekend.)

Thanks! abs-cheers.gif

P.S. Too many "reviews" by idiots/newbies who complain about not hallucinating. Not your fault!

wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.