Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What vintages should i get?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
CourteJester
I have a chance to purchase several bottles of vintage pre-ban absinthe, what would you all recommend? I would love to hear all of your input
Greytail
I would love to hear how you have that opportunity?
Hiram
He knows jmfranc?
QUOTE(CourteJester @ Dec 29 2005, 08:47 PM) *

I have a chance to purchase several bottles of vintage pre-ban absinthe, what would you all recommend? I would love to hear all of your input
So, am I understanding you correctly? You have a selection from which to choose several bottles and you want to know which brand to get?

Unless you have thousands of dollars to burn—and even then—I find that very unlikely. Not sayin' you're a fibber, it's just a damned rare situation. I too would like to hear more about how this came to be.
Donnie Darko
It would be worth it to you to give us details as you may be getting scammed.
justabob
and it's not even April
hartsmar
Yes, it's possible since I know it's happened before, but quite unlikely.
Tell us what bottles you can "choose from" and if you can include photos that is even better.
Head_prosthesis
I say take the lot. Throw caution to the wind and
buy the whole damn cellar. Take life by the sausage
and squeeeze.

Charles Shaw.

Now that's funny.
CourteJester
I would prefer not to share how i have thousands to spend, but i will share where i have the oppurtunity. I own a closet business that installs custom closets, offices and pantries. I get a lot of business from very wealthy people. The last guy i did business with had me do 12 closets, and one pantry. Exploring the house while working on these closets i found that he had, a pool, a suana, personal movie theatre, and his personal custom wine celler that houses 3,000+ bottles. We talked a few days about wine and such, and finally got to the subject of absinthe. He has several he would like to sell, different veriaties. I don't mean that there are 40 different types, he has about 3 types that he is willing to sell me. Premier, pernod, and berger. I will talk to him about getting pictures to show you guys, so you guys can tell me if i am getting scammed or not.

cheers

oh btw, the guy owns a lands capping business, i think i am in the wrong business.
Artemis
Take pictures and work with Oxygenee. There's a good chance he knows this guy, and maybe even sold him the bottles in the first place.
Greytail
frusty.gif If it is not a scam, go with the Berger. Just reading Hartsmars review is dandy. What a find, now if only I could get so lucky as to find me an xbox360.
Artemis
My preference would also be the Berger.

I wouldn't get too public with further details about the seller, though, it's not good form nor good business. Just contact Oxy.

As for the Xbox, I've heard about a lot of problems with those things. I may need a new PC to play Oblivion when it finally comes out, but I can't see myself ever buying an Xbox.
Absomphe
QUOTE(justabob @ Dec 30 2005, 12:20 AM) *

and it's not even April

But keep in mind that he calls himself CourteJester.
Fredie
QUOTE(CourteJester @ Dec 29 2005, 08:47 PM) *

I have a chance to purchase several bottles of vintage pre-ban absinthe, what would you all recommend?

shock.gif

Any.... and.... ALL! abs-cheers.gif
Greenmeanie
QUOTE(Greytail @ Dec 30 2005, 12:34 PM) *

..... now if only I could get so lucky as to find me an xbox360.

Greytail,

What's the problem? I should be getting a bunch of them any day now, at least that's what the emails that I keep getting are telling me. Infact, I've won so many of them them I'll send you one! harhar.gif
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Artemis @ Dec 30 2005, 01:49 PM) *

My preference would also be the Berger.

I wouldn't get too public with further details about the seller, though, it's not good form nor good business. Just contact Oxy.

As for the Xbox, I've heard about a lot of problems with those things. I may need a new PC to play Oblivion when it finally comes out, but I can't see myself ever buying an Xbox.

PC gameplay is still significantly further ahead than any platform gaming. The Xbox and playstation are fine for driving or fighting games, as that sort of gameplay makes good use of the controller, but for any serious immersive adventure/RPG type games, you really need a full keyboard at your disposal and a lots of pixels which even HD still can't deliver.

As for the vintage absinthe, I also highly recommend consulting with Oxy. He knows more about the subject than anyone else here. There's a lot of specifics you should know about vintage before purchasing and after purchasing, in order to get the most out of it and preserve it properly.

zachM
I didnt know anyone had 40 bottles of vintage Absinthe in there cellar. Or at least not many whom would sell even one or two of them.
grey boy
there
they're
their

AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
zachM
I knew someone would make that correction for me. I noticed but didnt give a damn.
grey boy
A pet peeve,
plus I wasn't nearly drunk enough last night to ignore it.
Carry on.
Absomphe
QUOTE(grey boy @ Dec 31 2005, 07:17 PM) *

there
they're
their

AARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

Since you were in pirate mode, you shouldn't have forgotten "thar", matey!
Greenmeanie
QUOTE(grey boy @ Jan 1 2006, 08:24 AM) *

A pet peeve,

I have a pet cat. Easier to take care of.
CourteJester
Thank you for the comments, i am in contact with oxy and he and i are working together to see if this is legit. we'll keep you updated!
Fredie
I'm off to the vet's to get my pet peeve spaded.... godzilla.gif
Morgoth
QUOTE(CourteJester @ Jan 2 2006, 09:26 PM) *

Thank you for the comments, i am in contact with oxy and he and i are working together to see if this is legit. we'll keep you updated!

If these really are legit and you do have the chance to buy one of those, then I guess you are one lucky guy blink.gif.
You'll better keep us updated wink.gif.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Fredie @ Jan 2 2006, 10:04 PM) *

I'm off to the vet's to get my pet peeve spaded.... godzilla.gif

Why, is she planted in your garden?

Oh, you mean spayed... harhar.gif
Fredie
No I meant spaded..... Which is what you do after you've been Hula ho'ed by a garden weasel
Absomphe
Oh yeah.

I hear that procedure gave Robert Plant's early Zeppelin vocals that special quality that few can imitate.
Fredie
oh some can...... Ian Gillan....... Roger Daltrey...... Little Richard...... Ann Wilson..... the schmuck from that band Kingdom come...... .. pigs in an abattoir......eunicks (sp)...... small girls who've just seen a spider....
Absomphe
QUOTE(Fredie @ Jan 4 2006, 10:58 PM) *

.....eunicks (sp)

No, Stevie sounds more like a goat ...

Oh, you mean eunuchs! harhar.gif
Fredie
Hmmm....
So HOW's the weather out Bellingham way right 'bout now?
Sorry I can't tell 'cause of all this nice warm sunshine we have here @ the moment.....
What's the temp. up to today? + 3 ? harhar.gif
Marc
offtopic2.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(Fredie @ Jan 5 2006, 11:15 AM) *

Hmmm....
So HOW's the weather out Bellingham way right 'bout now?
Sorry I can't tell 'cause of all this nice warm sunshine we have here @ the moment.....
What's the temp. up to today? + 3 ? harhar.gif

I hate sunshine, and I only wish it were colder here.
Stroller
NorthWest Moorlock
Greytail
well, no berger, but I got my xbox 360. Have had it since the 1st and no problems whatsoever, so now bring on Oblivion.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Stroller @ Jan 6 2006, 10:35 AM) *

NorthWest Moorlock

Better than being A head of Eloi cattle, if you can stand all the broken mirrors.
Wild Bill Turkey
Bump.

Whatever happened to this guy and his "Supermarket of Vintage Absinthe?"
Stroller
Jmfranc?
Greytail
I think he went the way of the do do.
MrsAbsomphe
'Cuz he wasn't nuthin' but a dumb-dumb.

And he stepped in some doo-doo.

---Tish looking-up.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
And now he's in Bora-Bora, drinking a mahi-mahi, and reading about Humbert Humbert.
Lord Stanley
wacko.gif wacko.gif
Absomphe
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Feb 6 2006, 02:25 PM) *

And now he's in Bora-Bora, drinking a mahi-mahi, and reading about Humbert Humbert.

Wacka wacka wacka!!! wacko.gif
Fredie
QUOTE(Assstomp @ Feb 6 2006, 06:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Feb 6 2006, 02:25 PM) *

Wacka wacka wacka!!! wacko.gif

Iko Iko all day.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.