Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Un Emile 45
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide
hartsmar
AVERAGE SCORE 35

Reviewed by Ari 10/12/2005

COLOR BEFORE WATER 4/10
clear with just barely a yellow tint, almost white wine colored. I believe it's supposed to be a verte but if I didn't know I might consider it a blanche with an error.

LOUCHE ACTION 3/10
Weak. Nothing interesting.

COLOR AFTER WATER 3/10
Thin transparent milky white. Although it is louched it looks over diluted at 3:1.

AROMA 9/30
Before water a thin nose, anise and wormwood. After water, still thin, anise and an off putting dirt smell. very little flowering.

MOUTH-FEEL 4/10
thin but not vacant.

TASTE 8/20
A bit of anise and wormwood but rather thin. The dirty aroma disapears and can only be slightly tasted in the after taste.

OVERALL IMPRESSION 4/10
This makes me think of a beta test absinthe from a company that is just getting started and hasn't worked out all the kinks.

Ari scores Un Emile 45% 35 out of 100
zachM
It is the most unintresting absinthe I have ever tasted. But far from awful. Are they still makeing that stuff?
Ari
Yep, I think it got revamped with the UE 68. It might be worth mentioning I reviewed the older UE 45.
zachM
I have a couple samples of the 45 I got from Betina about a year ago. I am going to refresh my memory when I get the VdF taste out of my mouth.
Bruno Rygseck
Un Emile 45 sold in 0,2l flask in 2011 does not louche. How can one tell the difference between the old and new UE45 before buying?
Provenance
Why would someone want to buy it?
Bruno Rygseck
I'm curious, because BdJ is only 56% ABV and really good in my opinion and also made in the Pernot distillery. I would like to taste the two side by side. UE68 I have found also quite drinkable if not so special.

Provenance
I had a bottle of UE68 way long ago. Didn't louche. But it didn't turn me off from absinthe either. At one time I used to be curious green. Now it seems like life is to short to drink anything I can reasonably expect I won't like. You must be young. Or I'm old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.