Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Chopper
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > Arts & Philosphical Sundries
jimzuma
Arlen Ness custom Y2K Triple-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
celticgent
how cheesy.

when will those assclowns realize that a 'chopper' needs to be 'chopped' from something?

spending $100,000 on billet and bolting it together doesn't equal chopper,

it equals rich asshole who doesn't know a fucking thing about the true meaning of the word 'chopper' but wants to appear 'badass'.

yeah, asshole, you look 'tough' cause you can spend $90,000 more than than that piece of shit is worth.

frusty.gif
jimzuma
Like I said it should be considered art more than anything else. So my friend whether you appreciate it as art or not is your own opinion. and no I am not the owner seller or buyer of that fine machine-
celticgent
let me put it this way:

using the word 'chopper' for something like that

is akin to using the word 'absinthe' for Hill's Absinth.

i'm not calling YOU out, just saying that this new 'chopper craze' has nothing to do with 'choppers'.

it's fashion.

kinda like the 13 year old kids that wear a mowhawk and think they're 'punk' without ever having listened to punk.

Lord Stanley
I don't care about the chopper or whatever you're calling it.

I do like that Ferrari though. chickawow.gif
Selmac
No doubt, that car is hot shit.
le Gimp
Feuling's original W3 looked better and probably would ride better.

IPB Image
Wild Bill Turkey
That does look nice. So, okay, I'm slow. I just realized that's 3 monster cylinders, not 2 or 4. You can't really do that in a car ( Daihatsu tried it, the unbalanced engines vibrated themselves into an early grave ) but I guess since you mount the engine transversly on a motorcycle...

So that's where they get the name? W-3 because of the configuration, as opposed ( no pun intended ) to a V-twin?
jimzuma
Some of the new Volvos are 5 cylinder, like the V50.
justabob
I bought my daughter a three cylinder geo metro, even when it is in perfect tune it doesn't sound like it's running right.
Breson
QUOTE(celticgent @ Feb 10 2006, 05:06 PM) *

how cheesy.

when will those assclowns realize that a 'chopper' needs to be 'chopped' from something?

Exactly

In case you are confused as to the difference take a look here

Like My Chopper
Steyr850
QUOTE(jimzuma @ Feb 14 2006, 12:23 AM) *

Some of the new Volvos are 5 cylinder, like the V50.

Volvo has used the same basic I5 since about '93 in the 850, V70/S70, XC90, and now the V50/S40. Great engine. Stock HP in the S/V70 R is 300. That same motor in the Evolve S40 is putting out 425 HP. They're just now moving into the V8 arena with a powerplant made in conjuction with Yamaha (remember the SHO)for the XC90/S80. They also just devoloped an inline-6 which is quite groundbreaking. Sorry, I'm just a bit of a Brick freak.

Lord Stanley
QUOTE(justabob @ Feb 14 2006, 01:47 AM) *

I bought my daughter a three cylinder geo metro, even when it is in perfect tune it doesn't sound like it's running right.

Years ago, I did my driver's training in a 3-cylinder Nissan Micra. I had to floor the damn thing just to climb a hill and get back to my school. They told me the next time that a spark plug was dead or something and it was only running on 2 cylinders.
jacal01
It's those one cylinder jobs that really vibrate. Or rather piston...

On second thought, cylinder too.

I'm a bit of of a Volva freak myself. Um...
jimzuma

I'm a bit of of a Volva freak myself. Um...
[/quote]

I bought mine (V50) through the over seas delivery program. Pretty cool driving your own car around europe for awhile. Check it out at: http://www.volvocars.us/FinancialServices/Overseas/
yes.gif
Kirk
I'm a one cylinder vibrating vulva freak.
Steyr850
Don't rub it in Jim. I've had my eye on the S40 when it was a prototype. By the way, if you are not familiar, www.Brickboard.com is the must resource. I'm going to keep driving my 850 until the wheels fall off.
jacal01
QUOTE(Kirk @ Feb 15 2006, 07:49 AM) *

I'm a one cylinder vibrating vulva freak.

No wool gathering over your eyes, Kirk. Fur, maybe...
jimzuma
Hey Steyr850- Thanks for the heads up on Brickboard.com- I'll give it more time when I have some-
JJBlanche
If you guys are serious about automobiles, you'll look into Porsche. harhar.gif
Alice the absinthe eater
sadly, my car has 4 cylinders so I do not fit in to this 3 cylinder shenanigan going on here.
Kirk
Anyone want to buy 3 1964 Buick Rivieras? $3500 for all.
It's the number 1 milestone car from the 60's.
Donnie Darko
My friend had one of those. Got about 10 mpg on a good day, but it was like driving your couch down the street, and that engine sounds amazing...
Steyr850
QUOTE(JJBlanche @ May 2 2007, 08:24 PM) *

and a line of credit.
Kirk
I bought the first '64 in '76, did some restoration and drove it into the ground, then a I disassembled it.
The second one is a wreck. The pretty one has been blowing oil and smoking lately, I only get it out when no one is around. I'll blast up to a local car show next week and see if I can dump the whole lot.
Kirk
Bucket seats, no sofa for the '64, you must be thinking of the '70 Boat Tail.

Kirk
You didn't see them very often in the day, instead of running the roads, they were usually out on a golf course.
It's a Bill Mitchell design, (designed the '64 corvette) as I said, it is the number one milestone car for that era, all other cars copied it for years.
Steyr850
Looks kinda similar to the wildcat a friend of mine drove in high school.
JJBlanche
QUOTE(Steyr850 @ May 3 2007, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE(JJBlanche @ May 2 2007, 08:24 PM) *

and a line of credit.

nah..just get one from the eighties, rebuild the engine and add the turbolader...theres nothing like a nice porsche...a nice audi comes close
JJBlanche
by the way, if you guys are into the 4 cylinder, check out the volkswagen/audi 2.0T cars (A3, GTI, GLI, A4, etc). Fantastic engine! The 6 speed manual that comes with it is almost as nice (the clutch is a little funky, but all VAGs are like that to some extent)
Steyr850
No Euro cars are cheap to maintain, butt they are a pleasure to drive. I like the new Volkswagon GTI with Direct Shift.
hartsmar
Porsche is an overrated car. Audi is just an expensive VW. VW is over-priced.
Though I'm no fan of Japanese cars, most of them give a lot more value and enjoyment for the money.

Swedish cars on the other hand... viking_emoticon.gif

Steyr850
Have the best seats and are easy to work on.
Absomphe
" Swedish cars, on the other hand..." viking_emoticon.gif

...have small breastsesses?
JJBlanche
QUOTE(hartsmar @ May 4 2007, 08:13 AM) *

Swedish cars on the other hand...

...are effeminate. Saying an Audi is a Volkswagen is like saying Saab is a Chevy. Tell me, which VW comes anywhere close to the RS4?

How are Porsches overrated, might I ask? I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I race them, so I can be a considered a bit of an authority on the subject. Car magazines and the internet are no substitute for firsthand driving experience. With cars, as with absinthe, it really does boil down to personal preferance. That being said, no one can provide an accurate assessment of a car without having lived with it for several months...this includes the so-called expert journalists.

To Sweden's credit, I will say they have some of the most amazing women.
Steyr850
QUOTE(JJBlanche @ May 4 2007, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(hartsmar @ May 4 2007, 08:13 AM) *

Swedish cars on the other hand...

...are effeminate.

OK then
Click to view attachment
JJBlanche

Tally ho...I agree, my harsh generalization in response to a generalization was unwarrented. I've come across a number of Swedish cars, not unlike the one in your picture, that pique my interest. That being said, if I were to come up with a global generalization of Swedish autos, it wouldn't have anything to do with raw performance.

The addition of the woman in the photo is...ahh~ Reminds me of a Swedish bird I used to chum around with. They are really the quintessential.

PS: Those wheels...they don't seem to do justice to the car. They're close, but not quite there. Maybe a satin or 'anthracite' finish would improve things?
Wild Bill Turkey
Much as I like that sports coupe Volvo ( the car "The Saint" drove ), I always preferred the wagon version. (prolly the only car I could say that about) That all-glass rear hatchback was cool.

IPB Image

IPB Image
JJBlanche
WBT, I agree! I've always loved a shooting brake. I drive an Audi A3 2.0T as the daily.
traineraz
QUOTE(JJBlanche @ May 4 2007, 09:46 AM) *

How are Porsches overrated, might I ask?

I saw one from the 80s -- the era you recommend -- and it looked like a Gremlin that someone had stepped upon. It was also baby-poo brown, butt that's obviously not the manufacturer's fault.

I'll pass.
Steyr850
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ May 4 2007, 03:55 PM) *

I always preferred the wagon version. (prolly the only car I could say that about) That all-glass rear hatchback was cool.

Time to pony-up..

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.