Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Ebay Finds
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Wild Bill Turkey
There's just no overstating how happy I am with my latest ebay find, this awesome carafe made for Pastis 51.
It's based on older designs, and I've seen other, true absinthe carafes that were similar, and some that were shaped differently but worked the same way, like the amazing carafe shown in Butty's book on page- ironically- 51. But always those carafes go for a LOT more money.

This thing is incredible. You can make it drip or pour at any speed you like with the UTMOST precision and ease. Even the funny backward bend in the neck has a purpose, making it much easier to hold it at an angle, and thus less tiring for your arm. Truly this is a gift for the slow-drip lovers among us, and wasn't very expensive at all. I don't know when it was made.
IPB Image
jacal01
Shoulda got two.
Fredie

IPB Image
DUDE! You could like, make a killer bong outof it too!!! chickawow.gif
pierreverte
>I don't know when it was made.

between 1951 and 2005, most likely falling in the 2000 AD era...
Gertz
It's actually a porron - a sort of spanish wine bong..
Fredie
For Spaniards entirely too lazy to just use a Bota..... wacko.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
I use it when I have water I want to porron my sugar.
Thanks Hartsmar! Now I know what to look for if I want to get another one!
Gertz
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Feb 18 2006, 08:10 PM) *
Hartsmar!

blink.gif
hartsmar
I know... It's those dumb asses. They can't see around the corner of their own damned block. I mean, we're about 30 minutes apart so, we're practially the one and same guy to him.

abs-cheers.gif
Wild Bill Turkey
I have absolutely no idea how to explain that. I'm sorry Gertz, now I have to send you a sample of something. Anything you haven't tried lately that a slave to the CO world might have?
Head_prosthesis
IPB Image
traineraz
Jack, I know you have a comment about this.

IPB Image

But using it for pastis . . . how do they get ice in it?
Head_prosthesis
IPB Image
Gertz
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Feb 19 2006, 03:57 AM) *

I have absolutely no idea how to explain that. I'm sorry Gertz, now I have to send you a sample of something.

Whoa, if you feel like doing that kind of compensation, you could call me Monsieur Moustache and get away with it.
hartsmar
Oh yeah? Well what about me?! You all think I'll just live with being mixed up with Gertz now? Huh? HUH?!
Sure, I can take it. Oh yeah. I have no feelings anyway.

Head_prosthesis
Careful WB, you're dealing with a badd mother fucker.
Grim
I've said it before. Porron's work much better than a carafe for getting a fine, thin jet of water -- much like a brouille. The drop-by-drop action of a fountain is still where it's at.
Wild Bill Turkey
I'm going to have to switch to posting with a puppet for awhile. See you all in a few years, I hope.

Head has me in a "witless protection program" while I'm on the run from the Swedish Mafia.
The Standard Deviant
I have a leather bottle, and considered using it to pour water into absinthe, then quickly realised that tar probably wouldn't be a good aroma to add to the absinthe.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ Feb 19 2006, 12:58 PM) *

Careful WB, you're dealing with a badd mother fucker.

Yuppers.

I hear they kill with lutfisk, which is a lot uglier than cement overshoes.
traineraz
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Feb 19 2006, 05:51 PM) *

I have a leather bottle, and considered using it to pour water into absinthe, then quickly realised that tar probably wouldn't be a good aroma to add to the absinthe.

It worked in Tunel Black.
jacal01
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Feb 17 2006, 07:30 PM) *

like the amazing carafe shown in Butty's book on page- ironically- 51. But always those carafes go for a LOT more money.

Just another fine example of Betty's markups in play.
Head_prosthesis
From Double Agent 73

Click to view attachment

She uses it to kill some dude.

She gassed him with some kind of gas that knocked him out, and then shoved ice cubes in his mouth to choke him to death. This is the face she was making while she had her hands over his mouth. I personally think it looks more like a face she'd make when she's gassin' somebody, but there you go.

Yeah he get's gassed and then there's delirium, reeling and boobies!
Top it off, they edit it so you see the same gassing sequence twice.

Cuz boobies come in twos?
The Standard Deviant
I didn't realise that was going to be animated until I clicked on it!

Makes me think of using someone's mouth stuffed with ice-cubes and water as a fountain. Obviously who you'd use is very much a matter of personal taste.
The Standard Deviant
Seeing as this only has a "buy-it-now" option, I thought this would be ok to post here:

A postcard sent from Britain to France with a surround on the stamp stating "Guerre A L'Alcool" and "L'Absinthe Rend Fou." ("Absinthe makes you mad"). They weren't very subtle then.
Jade Kiss
I won this Pernod water carafe the other day for $15, now if only the seller could ship it pronto. I think it looks pretty neat, no?

IPB Image
Jaded Prole
I don't know about the object but the boobs are nice . . .

If you squoze a bunch of ice cubes between them, it might make a cool fountain.
Jade Kiss
Well let's just say that I already have an assemble of muses ready to produce a considerable fountain of liquid with their boobs. WHOAAAA, WHAT WHAT???? w00t2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.