Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay Absinthe Item of the Month
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Oxygenee
Oh good grief!
The Standard Deviant
The description looks like a child has eaten a box of oil paints and vomited the colours onto the page.
Wild Bill Turkey
Oh, great! Now it's going to wind up costing me a thousand dollars, because everybody here is going to bid for it like there's no tomorrow!
jacal01
Wouldn't she be fabulous in a room with a bar or just as a beautiful adornment or conversation piece in any room?

Thanks for asking...
Jade Kiss
It looks like Beyonce and Dee Snider had a baby who subsequently got caught in an explosion at a makeup factory.
Spinner
Hey, it's new Absinthe Barbie! biggrin.gif I wonder if she has the regurgitation feature?
Marc
Beautiful... and cheap... worshippy.gif
traineraz
An absinthe troll doll! Just what I always wanted!
petbottle
Those dark, soulless eyes are creepy!

That's pretty much the last thing I'd ever want to have anywhere in my house... it'd probably give me nightmares. sleepy.gif
Absomphe
My name is Talking Tina, and I don't think I like you! evill.gif
wooperman
Welp guys, I won her!!! 5 pleasure ports...No more lonely Friday nights!!!!!!! And she don't nag me to do the dishes neither!
Absomphe
:::makes the sign of the Cross, reeling backwards in abject horror:::::: shock.gif
Jade Kiss
Behold, the first sign of the apocalypse...
wooperman
I am getting a lot of private messages on this, like "I understand 3 pleasure ports, what are the other 2?" or "How can there be 5 pleasure ports?" So, to keep my inbox from filling up....eye sockets, hello!!!!!
Darxtar
I can't believe someone bought it, and at that price too!
Hectma
QUOTE(prattwink @ May 4 2006, 12:50 PM) *

I am getting a lot of private messages on this, like "I understand 3 pleasure ports, what are the other 2?" or "How can there be 5 pleasure ports?" So, to keep my inbox from filling up....eye sockets, hello!!!!!

I thought it was obvious....but then again I tend to think outside of the box.
Head_prosthesis
I'll believe it when I see it in photos that
aren't from the auction.

I guess that's an invitation to
rev up yer Photochoppers.
Jane Avril
Oh, my! This is my first post on the first thread I've read! What a welcome! blink.gif
Certainly, the buyer and seller were not partaking in absinthe, but acid! How many bottles of green could they have purchased for that obscene amount of money!

het.gif
traineraz
With shipping to the US?

Two to three of the higher-end, five to seven of the lower ranges.
Jane Avril
Exactly! And if they drank enough home-made crap (cuz they wasted all their money on the stupid statue), they'd probably end up looking like the fairy.

Maybe the buyer dresses that way.... abs-cheers.gif
Greytail
Somehow at the bottom of all this, I feel Jmfranc is behind it.
traineraz
Why? The doll wasn't chopped into tiny bits to be sold off like a hot Chevy Bronco, was it?

Or perhaps made with fake vintage Barbie outfits?
Wild Bill Turkey
NEW EBAY ITEM OF THE MONTH
Actually, I think this thread is really supposed to be about the incredibly stupid shit that's usually on ebay, but this one is just a little bit on the funky side

It looks like he means to sell these things on his website, and he's got two of them on ebay right now. But I swear it looks like he just broke his LeMercier fountain, and tried to figure out how to make the remaining parts into something he could sort of use.

I think the bulb on top is sealed, so the little corked tube is the only way to put water in, and I guess the ice has to be crushed really, really small, and funneled in. All so you can make yourself one glass at a time, by yourself, alone in your darkened home, after that bitch left you like you always knew she would...

IPB Image

ps- He also went to heroic lengths to find a glass that would fit under the spigot. Judging from the pic, it looks like that spoon would just barely be able to stand vertically under the spigot, which means most absinthe glasses wouldn't, especially not with a sugar cube on top of them.
Jane Avril
QUOTE(traineraz @ May 16 2006, 05:17 PM) *

Or perhaps made with fake vintage Barbie outfits?

I think it's from the "Slutty Barbie" collection.
Jane Avril
Bill, some fine fountain! What did it go for on eBay?

Other than the crushed ice problem, it is sweet. chickawow.gif
G&C
frusty.gif
The Standard Deviant
Indeed.
Stroller
frusty.gif frusty.gif
Jane Avril
Sorry for being such a noob ass. Legler-Pernod-mini.gif
Stroller
Just take a second to look at how functional it would be. Feel sorry for the Newb that buys the thing.
thegreenimp
Use it as a perfume dispenser. dev.gif
Donnie Darko
Or Marijuana smoke dispenser.
jacal01
Bong bong bong. We have a wonker!
Jane Avril
At first glance, it looks like the glass, spoon and sugar are directly under the spigot. D'oh...bad vendor! Bad vendor! blink.gif het.gif No louching there!
Jane Avril
QUOTE(thegreenimp @ Jun 9 2006, 11:45 AM) *
Use it as a perfume dispenser. dev.gif

Yes. The perfume smells of anise. Lousy Legler-Pernod-mini.gif .
Slackjaw
QUOTE(Mild Bill Turkey @ Jun 8 2006, 02:38 PM) *

I think the bulb on top is sealed, so the little corked tube is the only way to put water in, and I guess the ice has to be crushed really, really small, and funneled in.

The water reservoir on that thing is similar to what I saw on the apparatus used as a fountain at the Cantada II bar in Paris.

The sphere was a bit smaller, and suspended from a swinging metal frame. The barman poured water from a carafe into the neck of the tube. No ice was used, but I guess that fits in with the way things are done in Paris nowadays.

Instead of a spigot, it emptied through a syringe-like tube with an embedded valve.

Selmac
That thing is so convoluted it's kind of ridiculous. After making the poor bartender fill that thing twice, I just had him set me up with a pitcher.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.