Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brut d'Alambic
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Patlow
this bottle has been in my wine cabinet since x-mas when i received it from peter skeeter egg wife beater last december. right off the bat, i loved the smell; it was like a powderey fresh, floral and almost medicinal bee sting. neat it tasted like i might even be able to even enjoy it that way. but, alas, and at last, i didn't... i put 3:1 frozen fiji water in it, and i'm telling you, b/c i don't know what ever happened to this, if it is commercial now or what (it beats the hell out of all other suisse blanches i have tasted-- i think clandestine tastes like athlete's foot powder solution).

good work, peter rabbit. once again i will try to attach pictures to this email and once again i will prob. fail, but if any kind hearted soul reads this-- pm me, and i will pm you pics and you can post, k? k.

first pic is the US version of the rodin museum as seen from the balcony of my apt. which rises up in it's green glory like a pheonix forgetting the other monstrocities surrounding it.

Click to view attachment

the other pic is the brut d'alambic, but twisted, needle hitting the photoshop groove in the red red rain.

Click to view attachment

ok, i'm out (until the next time). and in a robots voice, "what will i do when i am forced to post here again?"

Patlow
pic? did it happen?

NOPE, HOW COME??? i don't get it. ugh...
Patlow
ok, b/c this was so annoying and i emailed head to help me, i also included pic of my drinking partner for the evening b/c she makes up for a lot of my stupidity... ok, back to capote...
Patlow
ok, think i got it!
PDXAbsinthe
i almost ordered that little 0.5 liter Brut d'Alambic last time sounds like one to add to my list
Head_prosthesis
The new FeeVerte pinup girl.

Click to view attachment

If this is your drinking partner...

WOOT!

Fredie
Chow Bella! wink.gif
Head_prosthesis
Two more from ol' Patlow

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Wild Bill Turkey
WOOT indeed!
chickawow.gif
Head_prosthesis
QUOTE(Fredie @ May 8 2006, 01:05 AM) *

Chow Bella! wink.gif

Crotch punch™!
Patlow
ok, since this is supposed to be a review of absinthe and not pics of the hot chick i'm drinking it with-- i will do this... and for all my time spent here, this is my first review, and it's prob. in the wrong place but, sorry.

color before water: 10 out of 10 , white as grey crayons on black paper.

louche action: 7 out of 10, happens slowly, prob b/c of high alcohol content that makes me drip more than i usually want to into it but when it turns, it turns into what i want it to look like. i'm simply impatient, so i don't like that and thus, i scored it low out of cuntyness.

color after water: 10 out of ten. just what it should be. nothing smart to say here, just looks right on.

aroma: 28 out of 30, my fav smell on earth is chlorine on a woman's skin, and this has that kind of quality, chemically and fleshy. ever smell a really hot girl step out of a swimming pool? that's what i equate this to. I LOVE IT.

mouthfeel: 8 out of 10, again, maybe i put a little less water in it, but i really do enjoy the bite and it doesn't have that alpine underground hippie taste that i detest in clandestine.

taste 18 out of 20: the same rules apply, and the more i drink it, the more i like it. it's a dirty/pretty thing.

overall: 8 out of 10. one of my favs. it's so what i think a blanche traditionelle should be. biting, hard, pure, romantic and absinthe-y.

if i could buy a case of this i would and might...

SCORE is 81

Absomphe
It's impressive how you can make something sound not very appealing, and yet really compelling at the same time, Patlow., youse got a real way wit woids.

Sounds so delightfully unpleasant, in a savory kind of way, thatI might just have to get me some! abs-cheers.gif
Fredie
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ May 8 2006, 12:10 AM) *

Chow Bella! wink.gif

Crotch punch™!

??? how the f--k is that offensive?!?
Absomphe
blink.gif

Um, you called her chow, Fredster.

She doesn't look like Purina to me.

jacal01
QUOTE(Patlow @ May 8 2006, 02:08 AM) *

ever smell a really hot girl step out of a swimming pool?...that alpine underground hippie taste...a dirty/pretty thing.

chickawow.gif The Green Fairy does late night swimming pool skinny dips. You sure have your component contributions down pat, Pat.

It's after all a personal experience, not some mere mortal "evaluation". vagina.gif
traineraz
OK, so brut d'alembic = Patchouli and bleach? blink.gif
thegreenimp
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ May 8 2006, 01:05 AM) *

You're going to hurt Jack's feelings changing pin up girls.
KingofNothing
I'm getting confused...Is it good, patchouli and bleach-like, or a funky chick with sideburns? I don't know about spending money on a chlorinated flesh tonic, although i appreciate the imaginative descriptions. I've read that it's horrible and that it's great. I think I will wait a bit on this one and stick with my current order of Eichelberger and Montmartre.
jacal01
Actually, it's my standby blanche right now, followed by the Clandestine and the Blanchette. I haven't cracked my second run Duplais Blanche with the marc spirit base yet, but I've got great expectations.

If you can lay it in, do so. The one place where it's currently available is absinthedistribution (Marcus Lion).

I assume a second run with hopefully better fennel is soon in the making.

O'course the Ike and the Monty are can't-miss, also.
Head_prosthesis
QUOTE(Fredie @ May 8 2006, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ May 8 2006, 12:10 AM) *

Chow Bella! wink.gif

Crotch punch™!

??? how the f--k is that offensive?!?

Just for that, Fredei! I present you with the
newly concockted Purple Cow Cruntch™.

By the way it's OK to say fuck in this case.
It's not a moral high ground
it's an oral playground.
brucer
ever smell a really hot girl step out of a swimming pool? that's what i equate this to. I LOVE IT.

Well, I'm confused too. OK, I know Bd'A is GREAT, but this description is confusing.

Swimming pool chlorine ............. No thanks.

Hot girl ................... Yes, please.

However, I'm not sure that I actually want absinthe to taste or smell like a hot women. I love the smell and taste of a hot women, but it is nothing like absinthe. Bombay Duck, maybe, but not abisnthe.

Bruce
jacal01
Well then, maybe it’s not for you, bucko. Personally, I like my absinthe with legs up.

Prosaists.
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(Xit Xmeared Xirtboy @ May 8 2006, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Heady Pee @ May 8 2006, 01:05 AM) *

You're going to hurt Jack's feelings changing pin up girls.

Apparently, this was Oxy's decision. I'm quite upset about it, really...
Patlow
aaawwww... i bet you're cute baby.

i know you used my quote as a signature, so you owe me a quote. make it as mean as mine and i will use it.

sixela
QUOTE(traineraz @ May 8 2006, 08:49 PM) *

OK, so brut d'alembic = Patchouli and bleach? blink.gif

When you just open the bottle, yes. It certainly needs some time for the flavours
to settle. Perhaps once it's older it'll be better right after you open the bottle...

I have a bottle that was opened three weeks ago and it's just starting to become palatable.
Absomphe
QUOTE(sixela @ May 11 2006, 06:04 AM) *

Perhaps once it's older it'll be better

That's precisely what a beautiful young lass told me once, but I should known better than to believe her.
jacal01
If bigger means better, then yeah.

But that's why you check out the cow.
Absomphe
Leave my fiance from thirty years ago out of this.
Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(Patlow @ May 10 2006, 10:17 PM) *

aaawwww... i bet you're cute baby.

i know you used my quote as a signature, so you owe me a quote. make it as mean as mine and i will use it.

Who the fuck is Xatlow?

(sorry, not feelin' it today)
jacal01
QUOTE(Absomphe @ May 11 2006, 09:07 AM) *

Leave my fiance from thirty years ago out of this.

Aw, she's on everyone's résumé, too.
ncusa
QUOTE(Head_prosthesis @ May 7 2006, 11:05 PM) *

Click to view attachment

If this is your drinking partner...

WOOT!

On the Philadelphia sports site I play on this would be looked down upon as bad form. Posting pictures usually needs to have a little nudity/ skin/ or a little more revealing to be considered 1st rate. Very pretty, nice dress with a lot of potential, now break out the real pics, so we can ogle, and properly judge, we won't tell on you.

A quick note, one of the guys posted a reasonable pic of his GF on the site, certainly nothing over the top; And she dumped him. All because he tried to amuse us.
traineraz
So you wanna see Batemaster show some more skin?

I hear ya have to meat him at the Cuff for that.

Sixerater sez:

I have a bottle that's been open three weeks and it's just starting to become palatable.

I'd think that a bottle which had been open three weeks would be starting to become Gert Strand Premium.
sixela
QUOTE(traineraz @ May 11 2006, 09:57 PM) *

I'd think that a bottle which had been open three weeks would be starting to become Gert Strand Premium.

Obivously, I meant it had been opened three weeks ago, not open during three weeks.
Jack Batemaster
6'er - I thought you told me it totally suxx™ and you wanted a refund?
sixela
I didn't want a refund, and yes, when I opened it I (and others) thought it totally suxxed™.

Now I'm not so sure anymore.
jacal01
Nobody seems to be making allowances for a 163 proof siren.

Of course she's got a edgy chemical aura about her. It's called ethanol.

But I'm more interested in this jangly of sixer's. Is it disappearing with age? Can you make a guess as to its possible source? "Bad fennel"?
traineraz
Please be wary of Sixer's jangly. His wife might not take too kindly to your grasping ways.
jacal01
Oh, I dunno. His wife could probably appreciate someone to help fade the heat.

My interest is of a more detached scientific nature. A manly scientific nature, I might add, whot? Ahem.
Patlow
Who the fuck is (P)Xatlow?

me, nigga.

and i don't think i ever said it tasted like chlorine and a hot girl, but more like the taste of chlorine off of one. it's about the chlorine, the girl is just the vessel that you drink it off of.

chlorine is simply one of my fav flavors, and if it gets served off teeeage pussy in antique crystal glasess, all the better. fuck, i feel like towely all the sudden, and i don't know where i am.

i'm just saying it tastes clean and sexy.
sixela
QUOTE(jacal01 @ May 12 2006, 03:33 AM) *

Is it disappearing with age?

Yes. It's something musty and earthy (tasting of earth and root) at the back of the fennel
taste, but it isn't the fennel. The only two other absinthes I tasted it in were the
Montmartre and the Kübler 57.

BTW, unlike Papa PeeVee, I thought the fennel was less good than that in the BdF, but even
the fennel flavour is starting to blossom.

I'm not sure the absinthe ages as well at the proof that brut d'alambic has, so I'm tempted
to reduce the strength and to transfer the content of that wierd container into my now
empty bottle of BdF.

Marc
QUOTE(sixela @ May 12 2006, 04:01 AM) *

I didn't want a refund, and yes, when I opened it I (and others) thought it totally suxxed™.

Now I'm not so sure anymore.

Yeah it suxxs, it's not even absinthe, it's a tord-boyaux IPB Image

after 6 months sitting untouched, I have to give it another try though
Patlow
i transfered mine into bottle of opus one, 1994, after running through ge profile stainless steel dishwasher and have since corked it and it sits there unsuspecting to strangers who think they are getting expensive cal cab from napa only to find the spirit of oscar wilde escape into their red wine glass all flowery and confusing and ghosty. 8 out of 10 in the end, find happiness. of course i hang out with degenerates that make the trainspotting crew look like the cast of 8th and ocean but less well, mtv-y.
traineraz
Brut d'Appliance?

How did you separate the absinthe from the soapy water?
Jack Batemaster
Very few people know what fennel actually tastes like, despite their claims...
Grim
This is correct.

Fewer still know what age does to an absinthe after 0-3 months... 3-6 months... a year... 2+ years... and how that relates back to the herbs of the recipe, the base alcohol, the process and the conditions of storage.
Jack Batemaster
5+ years.
Grim
Not quite there yet, though.
Jack Batemaster
I've got sum 5 year old HG that tastes like Pepto...
Grim
You find any that taste like Mylanta® and we can bring atleast one (1) benchwarmer back to the game.
Jack Batemaster
I like the mustache. Looks like someone I know...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.