Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cafes/Bars in Pontarlier
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Fredie
Will be in Pontarlier, the day after the Boveresse Fete.....
Are there any Cafes/Bars there that serve Absinthe that anyone
can recommend?
Esseintes
Not really. Pont (Anisette) is much more popular in Pontarlier than Absinthe. The best places to enjoy Absinthe in Pontarlier are the distilleries. There are some Bars, but not particular Absinthebars...
Fredie
Well, I was hoping to get a bit of the old style atmosphere in the original area....But I'll probably get enough of that the day before....and Hey, if they're open at lunch time, a Distillery works too. abs-cheers.gif
Oxygenee
Pretty much everywhere in Pontarlier serves Francois Guy, although as Markus says the locals mainly drink Pont. On Sunday,, the day after Boveresse, not everywhere will be open - your best bet is probably the Cafe La Poste, about halfway down the main street. The old drunk guy with the 45 year old hooker sitting at the table opposite you will come over and tell you about his 15 years in Hawaii if you make the slightest eye contact, so don't.

And if you end up at the bar near the station, tell the Algerian with his hand on your knee that you know Han, the Vietnamese boat boy.
Fredie
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ May 20 2006, 12:30 AM) *

Pretty much everywhere in Pontarlier serves Francois Guy, although as Markus says the locals mainly drink Pont. On Sunday,, the day after Boveresse, not everywhere will be open - your best bet is probably the Cafe La Poste, about halfway down the main street. The old drunk guy with the 45 year old hooker sitting at the table opposite you will come over and tell you about his 15 years in Hawaii if you make the slightest eye contact, so don't.
I'll just let him talk with my mom... and she can swear at him in Spanish.....

QUOTE(Oxygenee @ May 20 2006, 12:30 AM) *

And if you end up at the bar near the station, tell the Algerian with his hand on your knee that you know Han, the Vietnamese boat boy.

If I did that... wouldn't Jack get jelous? harhar.gif
Oxygenee
No, not Jack...
hartsmar
IPB Image
Café S:t Pierre, at Hotel S:t Pierre.

(Gertz and BORK! desperately looking for money...)
Esseintes
abs-cheers.gif
Jack Batemaster
I'm not Algerian nor Vietnamese, neither.
Absomphe
No xit, Jamilla baby!
pierreverte
>I'm not Algerian nor Vietnamese, neither.

it's tough to be Fulofshitamanese...
Donnie Darko
Hotel St. Pierre is fine, as Hartsmar said, and they serve the usual Pontarlier brands. I too would recommend trying non-absinthe unique to the region like Vieux Pontarlier as opposed to spending $ on something like F. Guy. I had some salmon dish there that was nice and not too pricey. At that point my French was still pretty lousy, and they looked at me pretty funny when I tried to ask for a glass of water (un verre d'eau ) which I mispronounced as un verre d'heure (a glass of time).
Jack Batemaster
Why Peter, I have no idea what you're referring to. I've always been honest and truthful to you.
Steve
Ah, but there's a distinction between lying and being full of shit.
Jack Batemaster
Distinction noted.
Fredie
QUOTE(Spoon @ May 23 2006, 10:28 AM) *

Ah, but there's a distinction between lying and being full of shit.

Not if you live in the white house. evill.gif
(ok, ok.... no politicos..... but that one was just too easy! harhar.gif )
Grim
I think I've got that Algerian's number... blink.gif

just call him up and jog over to the Guy distillery. You can drink 'til you need to be carried out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.