Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't PM anyone. FAQ describes a personal message feature.
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
SEEN_INK
I can't PM anyone. FAQ describes a personal message feature.

Do I have to turn it on or something?
hartsmar
Yes. It's not that hard to figure out, really. My Controls - Board settings - "Disable Personal Messanger" - No - Save.

Unless that feature for some reason has been removed from your user, that would do the trick.

Now don't go off spamming.
SEEN_INK
I don't have that option. It's either an error in the board or it's not been setup by someone.
hartsmar
Yes, that could be it. For some very strange reason it's probably not been activated. Wait a while and see if it shows up. Frankly, I have no idea if it's enabled by default or not.
SEEN_INK
IS there some admin reading this that can turn it on? Thank you Hartsmar for your help.
The Standard Deviant
Maybe the feature isn't turned on for a while after you register. I don't know for certain, but it might be possible. I didn't have a need to send anyone PMs when I first signed up, as I didn't know anyone, so I don't know whether it was there when I first used the board.
Steve
You shouldn't be worrying about PMing, with only 5 or so posts. Post for awhile, let people get to know you before you start firing off PMs. Some might find it annoying to get a PM from someone they don't know.
SEEN_INK
That's a good point. I was noticing how everyone has a "PM" button and I tried clicking on one (because I think the person lives in the same city) and it said the feature wasn't enabled or something similar to that. Not that big a deal to me.
Kirk
The P.M. function should come on after 90 days.
Why don't you introduce yourself Sink?
Where do you live? What's your favorite absinthe? Who's your favorite vendor?
Do you have tits?
SEEN_INK
QUOTE(Kirk @ Jun 12 2006, 09:44 AM) *

The P.M. function should come on after 90 days.
Why don't you introduce yourself Sink?
Where do you live? What's your favorite absinthe? Who's your favorite vendor?
Do you have tits?

ManBoobs but no tits.

I've only had a couple absinthes - first was Sebor long ago and when I came back to it I went and bought a Jade - Edouard. LDF. I can't believe they are both considered absinthe - so many worlds apart.

Moving to Cleveland in a few weeks.

Thanks for the info on the PMs.

Donnie Darko
Welcome.

Funny avatar.

Going from Sebor to Jade was a big leap forward, the former barely qualifying as absinthe at all. Sebor was my first too and it almost turned me off to absinthe, but luckily I decided to try more before giving up. The Edouard is pretty much the best that is out there at the moment. I recently got a sample of 1930s Pernod SA, which is the post-ban Spanish descendant of Edouard, so it will be interesting to compare that side by side with Jade Edouard.
turangalila
Cleveland's a good city. (Sorta. I like it for the countryside much more than the city itself, which has real high points but real low ones.) I'll be there for a while this summer.

Agreed about the Fat Tire Ale. It is quite good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.