Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-Ban bottle & Labels
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Wild Bill Turkey
This is a little better than selling your empty bottles on ebay.

I have a pre-ban Pernod Fils absinthe bottle that has very decent labels on it. Just a hint of mildew damage on the back label, and two very small worn spots on the front label, but otherwise perfect, a beautifully preserved bottle.

I also have two full sets of labels only (no bottles) for pre-ban Edouard Pernod absinthe. These sets include front, back, and neck labels, and both sets look like they were printed and immediately placed in safe storage, They're yellowed slightly with age, but the colors are still strong, and there is absolutely no damage to any of the labels in either set.

I'd like to sell the Pernod Fils bottle, and the two sets of labels, ASAP. Anybody interested, please PM me with your best offer, as I don't want to conduct the transaction on the open forum.
Marc
Did you notice some marks left by an adhesive tape on the front label ?

Get out of Wild Bill's body JMF ! GET OUT NOW !!!
Stroller
You beat me to it! harhar.gif
The Standard Deviant
IPB Image
Marc
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Jun 13 2006, 01:57 AM) *

IPB Image

I love that one, it's mine now ! thank you SD !
Donnie Darko
It's too bad JMFs legacy lives on, even after he was handed a swift execution. Obviously Bill is a legit person who is offering something most of us would leap at and will probably sell it for less than what it would fetch on eBay, but now we're skittish because of one bad apple. Bummer for Bill.
The Standard Deviant
Would you trust a skeleton with a wreath on its head, drinking absinthe?
G&C
As long as it was Absinthe, yes.
Steyr850
Now we just have to be concerned over Mr. Franc buying said labels.
hartsmar
Well, he hasn't been seen in a while. Or... oh never mind.
SEEN_INK
How are the labels on the sheet? I'm curious if they used some type of gummed glue to adhere to the bottles that they applied manually or did someone paint it on the back of the label and stuck it on. It would look pretty cool framed.

Should the selling of labels and bottles be frowned upon? I'm afraid to ask Wild Bill.

I am saving every label of the Jades I get (more coming soon w00t2.gif ) - I collected wine bottle labels and really no longer drink wine.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(SEEN_INK @ Jun 13 2006, 01:52 PM) *

Should the selling of labels and bottles be frowned upon? I'm afraid to ask Wild Bill.

I hope not. For people like me who can't afford full bottles of the rare stuff, it's nice to have a pretty empty bottle to look at, if nothing else.
Wild Bill Turkey
I wanted to post that the items were sold.
The Pernod Fils bottle to a nice woman from Metairie, LA, Mrs. Francis James, who saw my ad posted elsewhere, and the labels to a friend of hers in Akron, Ohio.

Thanks to everybody else who showed interest.
absintheglass-glow2.gif
SEEN_INK
Both sheets of labels or just one? I might like one set if it's available.
Wild Bill Turkey
Well, I can certainly ask if she'd split them. She may just want one set for her collection.

PM me with an offer!
Donnie Darko
Wow, that's funny she lives in the same town JMFranc did. I wonder if he's impersonating her.
SEEN_INK
I am unable to PM anyone. I was asking why this was and was told it's a delay thing for new members. Sorry.
Wild Bill Turkey
Donnie- HA! No, I think JMF's done with this place!

SEEN- S'okay, I still haven't heard back from her if she'll split the sets.
G&C
Francis James and JM Francs are one in the same.
The Standard Deviant
You mean he's still casting his shadow over this place? Is there nowhere safe from him anymore?
traineraz
Nah, Wild Bill would never sell an empty vintage bottle to jmfranc. If he did, it'd end up full of Edouard and a touch of maple syrup, for sale on eBay as an unopened bottle of vintage absinthe retrieved from the Titanic.

You DID check her out, right Bill?? We won't be seeing Titanic Absinthe anytime soon, right?
The Standard Deviant
The RMS Titanic — sailing along, full steam ahead — crashed into an iceberg today, cracking bottles of H Bazinet over the cold surface. The resulting wreckage was delicious.
traineraz
Kinda salty, no? Or maybe it was in Lake Superior?

Well, hopefully the wreckage was flaming, otherwise it'd not taste quite right. Ya can't have absinthe without fire!
jacal01
T-corks on sale from Mountain Homebrew for Father’s Day!

Just kidding.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(G&C @ Jun 13 2006, 03:05 PM) *

Francis James and JM Francs are one in the same.

¡HA!
or "one on the same".
SEEN_INK
Now that I have gotten the bug and want to do the whole setup (fountain, saucers, glasses, spoon holder, sugar tray) - what is a good size serving tray? All I can find is something around 12 inches across. Shouldn't it be around 18 inches or more? Or do you not put a fountain on a tray? Ive seen pictures of it done both ways. And I'm thinking of the two spout Frenchman fountain - it's only got 7.5 inches clearence for the glass/spoon/sugar. Is this enough?
traineraz
Edit: Upon reflection, the question really didn't merit a response.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(SEEN_INK @ Jun 13 2006, 05:41 PM) *

All I can find is something around 12 inches. Shouldn't it be around 18 inches or more? Ive seen pictures of it done both ways. And I'm thinking of the Frenchman's spout , it's only 7.5 inches. Is this enough?

The Frenchman's spout is fine, even on the 2-spigot version. My tallest glass fits under it, no problem.
I'd guess the tray's a good idea in general, though I've never actually used one, because you always wind up with drips and drops, now matter how much you shake and dance.
The Standard Deviant
"…one and the same."
G&C
in.

Right Sybil?
traineraz
One and the same
Steve
Duh.
G&C
Never fucking mind.

Absomphe
" Right, Sybil"?

HA!

End of story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.