Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edouard Pernod circa 1900 : photo review
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Vintage Absinthe
Marc
Only one word about the aroma and taste : woody and I love it !

The glass (such a vintage absinthe needs a beautiful vintage glass and dripper) :

IPB Image

The Edouard Pernod :

IPB Image

The Edouard in the glass :

IPB Image

The glass + dripper filled with ice :

IPB Image

The water flows :

IPB Image

And flows :

IPB Image

The glass + dripper will be soon up for sale, details to come on the Virtual Absinthe Museum forum

Steyr850
Beautiful, but one little quirk if I may. Although it would spoil the ambience, perhaps you could place a small table cloth under the bottle and glass to get a better color representation. Seems the table is ramping up the brown too much.

It's not hampering my smell-A-vision though. abs-cheers.gif
Marc
I prefer on a wood table, it looks more 'authentic'. The table is not really ramping up the brown color of the Edouard, it just adds a yellowish tint, and it is intensified by my yellow awning (too much sun here).

Here is the true brown color from the very first glass of Edouard Pernod I had with Heure Verte in his shop :

IPB Image

IPB Image
Steyr850
Wow! That is phenomenal.

I had noticed how brown the water in the carafe and dripper looked and wondered what the true color of the absinthe was.

Very nice indeed!
SEEN_INK
Why would the numbers on the carafe of absinthe not run from bottom to top rather than top to bottom? Just curious.
eric
To count the number of drinks that the patron has consumed.
Kirk
Because when you pour one you bought one.
SEEN_INK
I see, so they always pour you 5 drinks with that specific carafe. Got it.
Donnie Darko
It looks like a buy 4 get one free discount system was built in, as those measurements look backwards of what they should be in terms of quantity.
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 16 2006, 04:07 AM) *

woody and I love it !

Who is Woody? Glad you two enjoyed it!
It does look fantastic, and the glass and dripper set is amazing!!!
SEEN_INK
What camera are you using for these pictures? They look REALLY good.
Marc
The topette is graduate the right way : from 8 to 1
During the Belle Epoque, the waiter used to bring a full topette of absinthe/chartreuse on the consumer's table. The consumer could drink as much as he wanted, then the waiter just had to count the missing doses. So if you take my topette, 5 doses are missing. Kirk was right !

Wild Bill : woody is 'boisé' isn't it ? As for the set just make an offer and it's yours wink.gif

Seen Ink : a basic Canon digital camera, then I rework the pictures through ACDSee (nothing complicated : Exposure + Sharpness)
hissykitties
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Jun 16 2006, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 16 2006, 04:07 AM) *

woody and I love it !

Who is Woody? Glad you two enjoyed it!

My Friday just got more interesting.
traineraz
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Jun 16 2006, 05:07 AM) *

Only one word about the aroma and taste : woody and I love it !

That's five words.

But beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.