Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pre-ban Pernod bottle
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
artfag
Just got my hands on a Pernod Fils bottle. No label, slight chip at top of the neck. Other than that good condition. Just wondering if anyone had any interest. Send me an offer. I'd also be willing to trade for a bottle or two, depending on brand, of some modern absinthe with anyone in the states that's interested. Drop me a line, straightxedge@columbus.rr.com

Thanks,
Chad
Jack Batemaster
Franks?
sixela
QUOTE(artfag @ Jun 22 2006, 02:29 AM) *

Just got my hands on a Pernod Fils bottle. No label, slight chip at top of the neck.
Chad

If there's no label, how do you know the contents are Pernod Fils? Inquiring minds want to know...
artfag
It's stamped into the glass. I canpost a picture if you can't find any on the internet. About the Frank's comment? I'm not sure what you're talking about.
hartsmar
Appears to me that this is an empty bottle. And most likely with the Pernod stamp on the neck.
If that's the case, a trade for two bottles of pretty much any modern absinthe would be far too much.

Yes, even Hill's.

Jack Batemaster
QUOTE(JMFranc @ Jun 22 2006, 12:26 AM) *

...About the Frank's comment? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

That's what Franks says too...
artfag
Alright, maybe I'll make a lamp out of it... or a nice molotov cocktail.
jacal01
QUOTE(Jack Batemaster @ Jun 22 2006, 11:36 AM) *
That's what Franks says too...

Oh Snap!
traineraz
QUOTE(artfag @ Jun 21 2006, 11:26 PM) *

About the Frank's comment? I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Some fraud named Franks was trying to sell a modern Pernod 68 bottle as a pre-ban bottle on eBay a good while back, and posted here about it. He didn't last long, 6 or 7 posts before he got banned.

Your bottle's description was mighty similar; perhaps Jack was wondering if you made the mistake of buying from that bottom-feeder and now wanted to recoup your loss at some other dimwitted boob's expense. This probably isn't the best place to cruise; we're a little short on dimwitted boobs right now. You may find a pair bouncing about, but we tend to keep an eye on boobs around here, and don't let just anybody abuse them.

I'm sure Jack will correct me if I'm misinterpreting his characteristically-cryptic commentary.

If your bottle is genuine (and some people here can certainly authenticate if you post a photo in the thread -- via a link from Photobucket or another hosting site, of course), then you should be able to see about what it's worth by looking on eBay.
SEEN_INK
I searched out franks comments and stuff and I don't see where he was selling a modern bottle as a fake. I see him selling samples that may be fake and talking about meeting Ted B. - do you have a link to the fake modern bottle? I am about to offer something for an old empty bottle without labels and want some background stuff so I don't get ripped off. Thanks for looking for it.
traineraz
That was JMFranc, a different bottom-feeding con artist from much more recent times. Franks was a while back, at least a year I think.

I do find it interesting that a search on "Franks" would get you "JMFranc".

Oxy, you might need to have a look at the search function. It appears to be defective.
SEEN_INK
I knew who he was talking about. It was mentioned elsewhere in the forum. I thought Franks was short for "jmfranc" and that's how we were to refrence him. Now I'm confused. Is there someone thats just "franks" and one thats "jmfranc"?
Jack Batemaster
The only fing I'm trying to say is:

artfag is funny. Franks is funny too. abs-cheers.gif
traineraz
Grate clarification. I know I'm satisfied!

See, SEEN, all's swell that ends swell.
Jack Batemaster
Anti-biotics should take care of that swell.
jacal01
QUOTE(traineraz @ Jun 22 2006, 02:26 PM) *

we're a little short on dimwitted boobs right now.

I dunno. Sure looks like to me that we’re up to our armpits in dimwitted noobs.

Oh, that’s different. Nevermind.
crosby
Wow, puppet theater. Reminds me of the old Lounge.
Jack Batemaster
...When some of the threads were worth reading...
crosby
That was a long fucking time ago.
traineraz
When WAS that, exactly?
artfag
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The last one I was trying to show the deep coned bottom which I know was one of the characteristics of the old bottles. I personally have no problem keeping the bottle. I would just rather enjoy emptying a full bottle rather than looking at one already empty.
crosby
QUOTE(traineraz @ Jun 22 2006, 06:48 PM) *

When WAS that, exactly?

Back before you joined.
traineraz
I kinda figgered THAT . . . It was already the Land of the Broken Record before I got there.

So why'd ya buy the bottle if you didn't want it, farthag?
artfag
Because I got it for a bargain from someone that didn't know what it was. I saw Alandia had one listed for 100 Euros, which I'm sure no one is buying. But if I could make 40 bucks off of it, it's worth the time. If I don't sell it I still don't mind having it. I'll clean it up a bit and sit it somewhere pretty.
hartsmar
Well, alandias antique bottles are over priced.
You can get an unlabelled bottle at 15-25 Euros on ebay...

Pernod Fils bottles are far from rare. Especially not when the labels are missing.
It'd be a bit more rare if it was of another brand. And more so with labels intact.
Barski
QUOTE(artfag @ Jun 23 2006, 08:38 PM) *

Because I got it for a bargain from someone that didn't know what it was. I saw Alandia had one listed for 100 Euros, which I'm sure no one is buying. But if I could make 40 bucks off of it, it's worth the time. If I don't sell it I still don't mind having it. I'll clean it up a bit and sit it somewhere pretty.

I will pay you $40 for that bottle. Just sent me a pm and we'll handle the rest from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.