Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eBay trickery : you should read this...
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Marc
Charlotte (from Heure Verte's forum but banned since then) alias cork$crew (ID on eBay) is selling a very nice spoon : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290014980787

Now look closely at the picture and look at the one I've posted on several forums :

IPB Image

We had several problems with 'Charlotte' on the french forum and we're 90% certain she is Cormenier (email adress + home region similitudes).

She (he) just took my picture of the Lacaux spoon from here, poorly modified the background, and then put it up for auction on eBay, just the day after she (he) said mine was a fake in the same thread...

Problem is that I can't tell the bidders (private auction), but I will inform eBay.

Poor girl (man), such a dumbass...
Wild Bill Turkey
Looks like whatever you did had a quick effect. The description has already been revised to say ( copie!!)
Marc
no, 'copie' was already part of the description before I first looked at it, she (he) revised the pictures only : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290014980787

The problem is that even stating it's a 'copie', bidders still, and will, put money on it thinking 'he he I know it's not a copy, that's the real xit", I've already naively asked the seller if I will get what pictured in case I win the auction (+ some other questions) but she (he) didn't reply on that particular point.
Wild Bill Turkey
Oh Boy! A new online persona for Core Manure (an obvious Lounge puppet)
the most famous absinthe forger since the guy who makes Logan Fist...

IPB Image
Marc
IPB Image

I keep that one WBT ! so gooooooooooood !
The Standard Deviant
The needs to be posted on Heure Verte!
Marc
I did already wink.gif
Fredie
too funny......
Oxygenee
Your spoon is genuine.

The purpose of Corkscrew's eBay listing I'd guess, was precisely to provoke the outraged reaction from you that it has.

He (I'm assuming it's a he, but it might equally be a she of course) is obviously annoyed at having been banned at Heure Verte - this spoof listing is his revenge. The bids are either false, or the auction will be removed before the scheduled end time.

By reacting as you have, you're playing directly into his hands. If you want this person to go away, ignore him.
Marc
You are totally right Oxy, I play his game, but I was so pissed off that I couldn't keep all that shit for myself, I had to share with everyone (understandable).
I couldn't just ignore, easy to say, not so easy to do...
Plus, I wanted to warn people of not bidding on the spoon.

(more details on the Collectors forum)
Marc
Auction has ended 'prematurely'... end of the story, thanks for having played the 'who the fuck is charmencrew?' game.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Aug 8 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Auction has ended 'prematurely'...

Surprise!
Amdusias
Lovely spoon...it is a shame that someone uses such tactics to try and inflame peoples emotions. I have had some nasty people on the net try and bother me in similar methods, you did the best by reporting them to E-Bay as a fraud.

It is amazing what is showing up in Ebay as absinthe related these days. I know one "antique" shop near where I live that has suddenly discovered the absinthe craze...they now have a nice selection of slotted servers being sold as absinthe spoons and a couple perfume dispensers as well....
Fredie
QUOTE(Amdusias @ Aug 8 2006, 02:58 AM) *

It is amazing what is showing up in Ebay as absinthe related these days......

Guess that means you won't be bidding on this.....

IPB Image
crosby
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Aug 8 2006, 01:30 AM) *

QUOTE(mthuilli @ Aug 8 2006, 11:58 AM) *

Auction has ended 'prematurely'...

Surprise!

There should be a cream available to prevent that.
brucer
A gay tea-strainer ??? blink.gif
Fredie
That was my guess..... either that or a Cormenier copy of an Oscar statue.
crosby
I think we should try to bring Cormenier back into the fold. Oxy, Peter and I have all purchased legitimate items from him in the past. He/she is merely a misguided soul, trying to find acceptance in the absinthe cummunity. As long as he isn’t a sound guy and doesn’t have a stupid MySpace page, we shouldn’t be so hard on him/her. A few forgeries between friends shouldn’t be a big deal.
Oxygenee
Oh dear....

Medic!
Marc
QUOTE(crosby @ Aug 10 2006, 09:43 AM) *

I think we should try to bring Cormenier back into the fold. Oxy, Peter and I have all purchased legitimate items from him in the past. He/she is merely a misguided soul, trying to find acceptance in the absinthe cummunity. As long as he isn’t a sound guy and doesn’t have a stupid MySpace page, we shouldn’t be so hard on him/her. A few forgeries between friends shouldn’t be a big deal.

blink.gif Are you drunk or something ?

Seriously, I really wished he joined the Heure Verte forum under his real identity just to discuss, no flame, I just wanted to debate with him about his motivations, but I presume it will never happen...
Oxygenee
QUOTE(mthuilli @ Aug 10 2006, 12:58 PM) *

blink.gif Are you drunk or something ?

We prefer the phrase "tired and emotional" here.
Absomphe
I think that was Lanfray's attorney's defense.

"It wasn't the green menace, I tell you, he was just tired and emotional, Your Honor!"
thegreenimp
This JMFRANC bottle looks really suspicious, isn't that label kind of high? (And surprisingly minty fresh?)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pernod-Fils-ABSINTHE-b...1QQcmdZViewItem
hartsmar
Yes, it does. Who could've thought he'd do THAT!?
Absomphe
That label looks mighty white, as well.
Steve
This bottle was used to store 100 year old absinthe and you can still smell it.

He washed it, and you can still smell absinthe? wacko.gif
hartsmar
Yes, I'd love to get my hands on that bottle when it was full though...

This bottle [ed. Roughly 100 years old] was used to store 100 year old absinthe [ed. would that make it 200 year old absinthe then?] and you can still smell it. [ed. Smell what? the bottle?]
Absomphe
Wow, absinthe distilled by the original Dr. Ordinaire! shock.gif
traineraz
At least he acknowledged that the label was "applied after it was purchased".
crosby
"Some signs of being hand blown." w00t2.gif
hartsmar
QUOTE(traineraz @ Nov 6 2006, 10:05 AM) *

At least he acknowledged that the label was "applied after it was purchased".

Well, he only changed that now... It didn't say that before. Mr JMFranc is watching...
G&C
I see he found that Hi Res image of a label he had been looking for.
Absomphe
QUOTE(crosby @ Nov 6 2006, 10:18 AM) *

"Some signs of being hand blown." w00t2.gif

If it's not done orally, it's just strokin, Jimmy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.