Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Benoit Noel's A-Z of Absinthe
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Oxygenee
For those who don't get my newsletter:
http://www.oxygenee.com/absintheWEBSHOP3D.html
Steve
Looks great! I will have to buy it. Benoît loves words and word games, so this is perfectly his cup of tea.
Oxygenee
Yes it is. It's, IMO, the most interesting and worthwhile book he has written. There's really a lot here, in the way of both text and illustrations, not easily available anywhere else.
Artemis
Mr. Grim told me to my face that the translation of Benoit's book done by Pierre Verte and me sucks. I would have whipped his ass, but he's a pretty tough customer.
Wild Bill Turkey
Ounce for ounce, the toughest absintheur in the world.
traineraz
Wouldn't want ya to get Pugg'd.

Speaking of which, where IS Grim? Up North?
Artemis
Don't know. He recently called for the return of some tedious old Froggish texts he had placed in my care, to compare with some new discovery. I suspect he's burning the midnight oil, poring over those.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Artemis @ Aug 16 2006, 02:07 AM) *

Mr. Grim told me to my face that the translation of Benoit's book done by Pierre Verte and me sucks.

As far as personal insults from Grim go, you got off lightly. I speak from experience here.
Wild Bill Turkey
Just got my copy.
There really is a lot in here I haven't seen before, and it gives me a great excuse to work on my french reading skills.
Also, the author personally signed and dated my copy, with the inscription: "An absinthe addict to another!"
Good Deal!
traineraz
How do you pronounce "Benoit", anyway?
justabob
QUOTE(Artemis @ Aug 15 2006, 03:07 PM) *

Mr. Grim told me to my face that the translation of Benoit's book done by Pierre Verte and me sucks. I would have whipped his ass, but he's a pretty tough customer.

He is a sweat heart, but I have been concerned about his whereabouts. He has grown conspicuous by his absence.
traineraz
QUOTE(Artemis @ Aug 15 2006, 03:07 PM) *

. . . I would have whipped his ass, but I was afraid he'd like it too much.

There, that's better.
Gertz
QUOTE(traineraz @ Aug 26 2006, 08:36 AM) *

How do you pronounce "Benoit", anyway?

Something like 'Ben-wah', with a british pronunciation of the 'a' sound.
traineraz
I suspected that.

Ballsy fella, is he?
eric
He is a sweat heart, but I have been concerned about his whereabouts. He has grown conspicuous by his absence.

I still speak w/ him from time to time. He has had to make some major changes.

It sure would be nice to see him post again.
justabob
Ok Eric tnx for the heads up. I will give you a call when I get a chance. Right now I am packing my daughter off to collage.
Artemis
Noel signed my personal copy of A Myth to an absinthe addict, or some such.

Benoit is a common family name in Louisiana, pronounced "Ben-wa".
sixela
QUOTE(justabob @ Aug 26 2006, 09:19 PM) *

Ok Eric tnx for the heads up. I will give you a call when I get a chance. Right now I am packing my daughter off to collage.

Very strange - usually, most people need to unpack things to use them in a collage.

Absomphe
I wonder if she'll fit. sleepy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.