Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cusenier see saw brouilleur
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Marc
Get your credit cards ready for end of september :
http://www.vertdabsinthe.com/index.php?opt...&Itemid=254
Jack Batemaster
het.gif
Marc
At least you're explixit !
crosby
Maybe Oxy will send a case of them to JackFest™.
Stroller
I need that.
crosby
See the video.

Make sure your speakers are turned up.

The first time I put water in mine it made me giggle.
traineraz
Easily entertained, ain't ya?

I bet the video would be far more impressive if it didn't show a still photo (that's what I see, anyway).

If people want to jazz up the dripping experience, why not make one that drips water on a little water wheel, which turns a music box mechanism to play a tune? When the music stops, your drink is ready.

How about a carousel that sits atop the drink; a container within a cylinder. The water drips onto a horizontal propeller hidden under the container, which causes it to turn, rotating the outer cylinder (the carousel). It could play a tune, too, and even have horsies (that's what they're called on a carousel, horsies) that go up and down as it turns (the bottoms of the horsie posts would roll on ball bearings along a hidden, undulating track). I'm thinking 40s-style tin toy, but it could just as easily be a fine piece of silverwork.

Or, if you wanted to draw attention when the drink is finished, maybe the dripping could wind a mainspring (like an old keywind clock) which automatically releases at a certain point.

A modern one might generate enough electricity from the drips to charge up an LED thingy to light up the louche as it drips. Your drink glows from within as the glass slowly fills, and the light goes out when it's ready. Maybe a little tune from an MP3 player, too. I spoze it could just use a battery.

Hey, might as well go whole-hog if you're gonna get all Crafty™ with your drippin's.
traineraz
...™
crosby
QUOTE(traineraz @ Aug 18 2006, 08:47 PM) *

Easily entertained, ain't ya?

Tickled by a piece of history I never thought I'd see in my own home.

QUOTE(traineraz @ Aug 18 2006, 08:47 PM) *

I bet the video would be far more impressive if it didn't show a still photo (that's what I see, anyway).

Try pressing the play button.
G&C
OFS!
traineraz
QUOTE(crosby @ Aug 18 2006, 10:05 PM) *

Duh. Yeah, I did that. The little thing scrolls across the player, the counter ticks off the seconds, I can hear the sounds of it dinking from side to side, and all I see is a still shot.
Stroller
QUOTE(crosby @ Aug 18 2006, 11:05 PM) *

frusty.gif
Oxygenee
The brouilleur should be in stock at Absinthe Spoon by late September - the final production problems have been ironed out, and we're just awaiting the first trial shipment. There's such a backlog of demand for it, quantities will probably be very limited initially.
Heure Verte
You can try to watch the video in a flash format here brouille absinthe cusenier (this is the vintage brouilleur)
Artemis
Hey, might as well go whole-hog if you're gonna get all Crafty™ with your drippin's.

traineraz
Thanks, HV!

My, that's a fast dripper!
G&C
How much will it cost?
Oxygenee
Not 100% finalized, but like all these replicas it's going be far too cheap.
Stroller
Now we just have to wait......
Oxygenee
I've added detailed closeup pictures here.

Shipping will be at the earliest late September, and newsletter subscribers will get advance notice, and, if stocks are limited, priority ordering.

The brouilleur will definitely be priced at less than €40.

The cordon glass shown in the photos is also a new replica, which will be available from October.
G&C
I'm likin' that glass.
Absomphe
The two together definitely make a nice pair.
Nepenthes
That makes me wet.
Marc
Phil is already selling a prototype here : http://cgi.ebay.fr/NEW-ABSINTHE-PROTOTYPE-...emZ230020565846
grey boy
QUOTE(Nepenthes @ Aug 20 2006, 02:56 PM) *

That makes me wet.

Me too.
Fizzle
It is most certainly an interesting part of absinthe history. But does it pour a decent glass of absinthe?
Jaded Prole
Very nice and attractive device. I guess it's not for those that sugar their absinthe though as the water seems to be dribbling from two directions that would preclude the use of a spoon.
Steyr850
Pre-sweetened, if needed.
traineraz
Use a big spoon and put two cubes on it, one under each dribble.

Speaking of things making people wet, what did you people do with CG?!
Stroller
I think he's at some Shriner Boot Camp so he can wear his Fez hat in public.
Wild Bill Turkey
I'd guess that, like an ordinary glass brouille, you could put a sugar cube at the bottom of the funnel before you put in the ice and water.
Steyr850
That's the instructions in the description for the auction.
hartsmar
Exactly. The drip is to give a nice louche, not only to melt sugar.
If you want sugar, you put that in the brouilleur.
traineraz
I don't like sugar anyway, so I'd be happy with the pretty louche.

Come to think of it, I might actually want to get one of these. Currently, I just power-louche in two or three bursts from the bottled water thing in the refrigerator. A see-saw would slow it down a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.