Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pontarlier Absinthiades
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Voyages au Pays des Fées
Oxygenee
Things are wrapping up here. Will post more tomorrow, but here are the (sometimes very odd) results of the tasting held this morning. Marks are out of 20.
alanmoss
For those who can't wait for Oxy's reports, and who can read French (or cope with online translation), there's a fair amount of discussion about the Absinthiades on the French forum, L'Heure Verte.

See the Cabaret, Fées Vertes and Brocante sections.
Marc
Will try to post a pictured report tonight on both Heure Verte (French version) and Fée Verte (English version).

Results from the Absinthiades contest are shameful...
crosby
I’m guessing lots of bribes were paid.
sixela
Never attribute to malice what can be explained by mere stupidity (or incompetence).
Fredie
QUOTE(crosby @ Oct 1 2006, 11:46 AM) *

I’m guessing lots of bribes were paid.

...it wood certonly apeer seau!
IPB Image
crosby
QUOTE(sixela @ Oct 1 2006, 12:41 PM) *

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by mere stupidity (or incompetence).

Where the Absinthe Mafia™ is involved there will always be malice.
sixela
So you're saying they're smart and competent?

[Edit: I almost forgot the group to which Oxy assigned me]

So you're saying we're smart and competent?
sixela
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Oct 1 2006, 05:39 PM) *

Things are wrapping up here. Will post more tomorrow, but here are the (sometimes very odd) results of the tasting held this morning. Marks are out of 20.

What's very odd is that, given the jury sample sizes (and the fact not everyone got to taste all the absinthes), no efforts were made to correct for systemic biases that are glaringly apparent when looking at the table.

They're obviously better at Excel spreadsheets than at statistics.

The jury populaire appears not to like absinthe - next year, François Guy is sure to win if he just slaps an absinthe label on Pontarlier-Anis (which I think is a better product than his absinthe). Only the Blanchette escapes their wrath because it's so atypical (look, a good score despite the fact you can taste wormwood!).
hartsmar
Well, a LOT of congratulations to the Combier distillery and Ted for the Blanchette winning.

Add to this that even Mr Julien Spacio (who makes absINt 56) loved it. He was VERY suprised to find out it wasn't a "Swiss" absinthe. HA!

That ought to kick his little AOC ar*e right across the border. Though, he was a good man.
hartsmar
Better late than never... I finally got around to finishing my little trip report and arranging the photos for it.
It can be found here: http://www.absinthe.se/travels/absinthiades2006/index.html

Many thanks to mthuilli for sending me a bunch of photos which I also use in the report, since my camera isn't working perfectly.
Marc
ahh finally, 2 months later, Hartsmar wake up from a long long sleep in the fairies land.

Nice report, as I left Pontarlier on sunday (I will never leave the Absinthiades on sunday morning again), it allows me to see/read what happened during the rest of the week-end. abs-cheers.gif

Just one thing about the sixth picture legend :
"Grand opening
Francoise and David" -> François is the male version. Françoise is maybe someone you met that week-end though wink.gif

hartsmar
HA! That is true. Everywhere else, it is correct but there.
Ooops.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.