Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Features
The Fe Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > General > Administrative News & Site Updates
Kallisti
on of my favorites, and one that will save me both time and bandwidth, is that pages won't be longer than 15 messages/threads (or whatever I set)...

so once a topic reaches 15 threads there will be a selection at the top to go to page 2, 3, or newest

I did something similar on the old forum, but it didn't work for threads, just msgs. saves me many hours of pruning, or when I'm lazy, many hours of ya'll scrolling.

Kallisti
also, I have to figure out this groups/title thing...

its all a little big confusing until I see it in action. please be patient.
Kallisti
Oh! to view older topics, the ones where we were farting around... there's a pull down menu at the bottom of the topic listing that lets you select stuff older than 90 days etc.

Barsnake
However you set it up should be fine - this software seems to have lots of flexibilty - users can choose whether to view oldest or newest posts - something folks were asking for with the last forum software...
Seem to be lots of friendly features here.
Kallisti
I *think* it should remember your preferences too if you're logged in. We'll see about that.

Touch-money
I would just like to say thank your for the work you have put into these forums. I would also like to add that this layout seems more user friendly, and is in a layout that I am more used to from the other forums that i post in. Keep up the good work biggrin.gif
Icarus
Feel free to ask questions. I've been doin the IPS thing for a while...
Kallisti
Indeed! You're my first line of defense!
Morrigan
Best new feature - expanded selection of clickable smilies.

firedance-6.gif hula-1.gif GiantRoll.gif looking-up.gif Wiener.gif cdog.gif BlackSpider.gif CandyBowl.gif DarthVader2.gif drunk.gif Frankenstein.gif Filter3.gif looks-nice.gif SalmonRoe.gif sick.gif Tombstone.gif ZombieHand.gif vampire.gif

It's the simple things....
Kallisti
I discovered that you can steal indiscriminately from some people as long as you give them a linkback (hence li'l linky at the bottom)... I suggest you go visit those folks, they are awesome art types.

Artemis
MORRIGAN!! bet.gif w00t1.gif

give me a title dammit, i can't figure it out myself.

Killer Queen .......
Morrigan
That's not just a title, it's a lifestyle dev.gif

(And your image is most appropo, this fine first day of Autumn!)
Marc Chevalier
I remember that NOLA photo of you (Artemis) and Morrigan (in her China Doll outfit, no less). Damned jealous, I was.

And today is the first day of Spring, I'll have you know! (In South America, that is.)
Artemis
Pork Ribs

Does it turn into t h u j o ne ?
Artemis
Extraordinarily nice,

Shes a killer queen
Gunpowder, guillotine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

Sorry to throw pork ribs into it, but that's a commentary on a "new feature". Anybody who doubts it, try to post the dreaded "T" word, and see what happens .....

HEY! Morrigan's right - the new forum debuts on the Autumn Equinox!!! Couldn't be mo' bettah.
Marc Chevalier
Pork ribs
Marc Chevalier
It's true!
Zman
Congratulations on the new look! Sipping some absinthe as I peruse the new site, and all is well.
Rimbaud

Pork ribs
Rimbaud
ZOINKS! shock.gif
Rimbaud
It is true!
Touch-money
QUOTE (Zman @ Sep 24 2003, 04:57 PM)
Congratulations on the new look! Sipping some absinthe as I peruse the new site, and all is well.

o to be sipping Abs right now. my stupid order from FSC still hasnt arrived ranting.gif
I'd like to add that all the artwork of the site looks really nice I like the whole theme that it has now, and in my opinion (even though I know it doesnt mean that much wink.gif) I like the way the new site looks a lot more than the old one.
dr_ordinaire
I hope Monsieur Artemis dont mind me correcting him, but the New and Improved Forum debuts in the SPRING equinox, as it should be.

You Northcentrics...

May a thousand Absinthe Flowers bloom...
dr_ordinaire
Darn, sorry, Marc, I missed your post about Spring. Im still getting used to navigating the new ship.

Kallisti, may I mention a small criticism? With this format (as Ive seen in other Fora) even a very short post takes a lot of space, so one has to scroll more.

Am I the only one whos noticed this?

Anyways, the look is tres classy, and the Smilies are tres cool. Wonderful job, again, Kalladmin!
Kallisti
I noticed that too Dr. O... it is because of the information contained on the left side, especially if you have an avatar, and the button bar below each post. I set it up so it automagically creates a new page every 25 msgs, so the page doesn't get too long...

It just takes some getting used to, you won't even notice in a few days.

Thanks for your kind words!
bjacques
high.gif Pork ribs and pork ribs?
bjacques
mew!

looking-up.gif

dev.gif
Kallisti
newbie DOOM!

SalmonRoe.gif
Lord Stanley
I was checking over the vendors list and you might want to change the following entry before you give the folks at LdF a bad name. Hill's??? How about the famous line of Un Emiles? I know that it's just a typo but I thought that you might want to know. The updated site looks great...nice work.

LIQUEURS DE FRANCE
URL/CONTACT: Absinthe Online
SHIPS TO: Ships Worldwide
METHOD OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED: Credit Cards
EXAMPLE OF BRANDS CARRIED: Sole distributor for Hill's & la Fee
NOTES: All absinthe is shipped directly by courier avoiding problems with US postal regulations
Kallisti
shock.gif ohmigarsh!

q89w4y5dhsjfhjsdhj@*#&@!!!!!!!

updated. sorry fellas.
Rimbaud
I saw that too,and I meant to send K a PM, but I forgot. Oops! Good eye, Stan.
Morrigan
Mark Chevalier - Good times, they were, that NOLA gathering. Perhaps my favorite photo was this one. I believe the sass speaks for itself.

(EDIT: Mmm, well the attachment feature did not work. Alas. Perhaps Mme Kallisti could upload said photo herself, she knows of which I speak!)
Rimbaud
Morrigan, you didn't happen to try and preview your post after uploading the attachment, did you? I had a problem posting pics over at the Lounge (which uses the same software as here), and no one could figure out why. It turns out that when you preview a post with an attachment, it screws everything up, and the pic doesn't show up in your post....
Marc Chevalier
I will wait patiently for the sass to show, dear Morrigan.

P.S. I still remember how welcomed you made me feel when I first started posting here, back in 2001. Thanks for that!
Morrigan
For Marc -
Artemis
HOOCHIE MAMA!!

Morrigan La Fey, Horn-ed Kallisti, Jade Absinthe in the glasses, and there's that cartoon glass and everything.

That was quite a night.
Kallisti
And me, I had the worse case of bronchitus ever. New Orleans' swamp gets in my lungs every time... I spent almost 2 weeks in bed on inhalers after that.

But what a night... glorious.
Marc Chevalier
Morrigan, ohhh Morrigan ... that jutting pinkie of yours ... it slayed me with one swoosh!

Kallisti, ohhh Kallisti ... those horn-rimmed glasses on that horn-rimmed head of hair ...
royale
Ahhh, A trip down Memory Lane or shall I say Pirates Alley. I miss New Orleans, I especially miss stumbling into Maiden Voyage (RIP) blind drunk with the smell of Jade on my breath (the drink not the dancer) as the light of dawn licked the bricks of bourbon street. Hard to believe that it was over 2 years ago.
emmy
rick! how ya doin?

that night seems more and more like a dream as the days go by...
Kallisti
Even now, it seems pretty amazing. Probably even more so. Feels like a century ago to me, so much has happened.

Sooooo nice to see you Rick! Still got that baaaad suit? I loved that.
emmy
"...so much has happened."

indeed... it boggles the mind...
royale
So much indeed. Just from cruising around this fantastic new site (congrats Kallisti) for a few hours last night I gather change is everywhere. Unions (again congrats Kallisti) and divisions, new faces and familiar old ones, even if some now have shorn their locks (looking good Emmy!), Some of the crew are now published authors I see, and some are living in vastly different locations. Even the general makeup of the drink we love so much has changed. I haven't tried these new absinthes that include meat products, but "pork ribs" always give me a good buzz so I'm looking forward to it. Being a vegetarian, Paige will have to stick to the old brands. Speaking of which we have had changes in our life too. She is now on a new sit com called "It's All Relative" on ABC Wed. at 8:30. She plays the little, slutty, catholic school-girl, sister. Give it a watch if you got the time and the cable. tv_horror.gif (check out these crazy smiles and stuff. Last time I was here, smileys almost brought the forum down.) I am running an underground art gallery in LA where we host huge monthly events and am close to finishing my new record. Sadly Kallisti, that suit has gone the way of the Dodo. My old rockabilly band had a reunion show at hootenanny a few summers back and by the end of the concert it was in tatters. I continue searching for another emerald sharkskin, I loved that suit. Then it seems some things haven't changed, unfortunately, it appears we are still waiting for the release of Jade. I have missed you folks and hope to spend more time in the forum.
Kallisti
She plays the little, slutty, catholic school-girl, sister.

Ha! I have a thing for school girls in the media (movies, books, television)... will give it a watch!

http://abc.go.com/primetime/itsallrelative...paige_moss.html

I know her. w00t1.gif
Kallisti
Tombstone2.gif emerald green sharkskin suit Tombstone2.gif

I swear to god, it was the greatest suit I've seen in person, like on somebody, and not in a display case at the Hard Rock in Vegas.
rjordan
chickawow.gif Well, two lovely "creatures of the night"...to borrow a phrase from that famous Transylvanian Dr. Frank N Furter.

LARS!.gif On a side note, what is this thing supposed to be?

P.s.- Mr. Head, I'm a dumb-ass. Thank you for not pointing that out. If I had looked at the first page of this thread then I would have seen Artemis already had it figured out. Duh. I never said I was a rocket scientist.
Head_prosthesis
QUOTE (rjordan @ Dec 20 2003, 12:21 PM)

LARS!.gif On a side note, what is this thing supposed to be?

He's Lars, our happy boy, bringing goodwill and tidings of comfort and joy.
Absomphe
Call him the posterboy for ...LARSAND...and I am fond of it , Zouave!!! harhar.gif
Absomphe
No Bruddah o'mine is a dumbass...got it, right Nostril??? headbonk.gif w00t1.gif w00t2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.