Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Chosen™. Do you have what it takes?
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > The Fee Verte Absinthe Buyers Guide
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Oxygenee
At crippling personal expense, I've just ordered a bottle of Absinthe King of Spirits Gold.

On arrival of the bottle here, I propose to make up ten sample bottles. These will be sent absolutely free of charge, by airmail, to a panel of 10 Fee Verte members for tasting and evaluation.

To join the panel, to become one of this select and exclusive group (hereafter referred to as "The Chosen™"), you must fulfill all 5 of these conditions:

1. PM me with your full name, email and postal address.
2. Have submitted at least 5 reviews to the Buyers Guide, by the closing date for applications.
3. Agree in writing that on receipt of your sample you will retain it untouched until 8.00pm GMT on Sunday, December 10th 2006.
4. At exactly 8.00pm GMT on that day you will taste and evaluate your sample.
5. Within ONE HOUR of tasting - ie, before 9.00pm GMT, you will submit a fully completed Buyers Guide scoresheet to Hartsmar, with your evaluation of the product.

The closing date for applications is November 20th, 2006

Notes:
1. In the event of more than 10 qualified applications being received, priority will be give to those who've submitted the most reviews to the Buyers Guide.
2. Anyone who receives a sample, and then doesn't comply with items 4 and 5 above, will be publicly named and shamed here on the forum.

Lines are now open. Do you have what it takes to become one of The Chosen™?
The Standard Deviant
It makes me glad I haven't reviewed anything yet, otherwise I'd probably be tempted.
Oxygenee
Don't be despondent. You've got till Nov 20th to get your five qualifying reviews in.

It's 100mg of thujone remember. You're guaranteed to TripBalz™.
Absomphe
I'm old.

I do that without the benefit of thujone, thank you very much.
MrsAbsomphe
blink.gif Snicker.

Don't I know it.

---Tish looking-up.gif
Oxygenee
You two are very sweet.
peridot
I'll do it. As I've mentioned at WS, I've never had any Czechsinth but I badmouth it so much that I really should have an actual experience on which to base my prejudices instead of just hearsay.

Is that masochistic?

Anyway, I'll easily have enough reviews done by then.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(peridot @ Nov 6 2006, 06:17 PM) *

I've never had any Czechsinth but I badmouth it so much that I really should have an actual experience on which to base my prejudices instead of just hearsay.

In all seriousness, that's my motivation for spending, shipping inclusive, $230 on the bottle.

There are some here who've tasted the regular KOS, but I don't know anyone who's actually tasted the Gold version, and if we're going to talk about it, we should be speaking from first hand experience.
Jaded Prole
I salute you and any volunteers for bravery and efforts above and beyond the call of duty.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Oxygenee @ Nov 6 2006, 04:41 AM) *

At crippling personal expense, I've just ordered a bottle of Absinthe King of Spirits Gold.

On arrival of the bottle here, I propose to make up ten sample bottles. These will be sent absolutely free of charge, by airmail, to a panel of 10 Fee Verte members for tasting and evaluation.

1. In the event of more than 10 qualified applications being received, priority will be give to those who've submitted the most reviews to the Buyers Guide.
2. Anyone who receives a sample, and then doesn't comply with items 4 and 5 above, will be publicly named and shamed here on the forum.

Lines are now open. Do you have what it takes to become one of The Chosen™?

Yikes. You might as well be soliciting people to become suicide bombers.

I'll do it.
Oxygenee
That's the ol' Fee Verte spirit I like to see Donnie.
peridot
I think I've gotten to the bottom of this. In wanting everyone to try it at the same time, are you actually trying to get a small number of people to collectively make an "UGH!" sound that's audible around the world? A truly amazing feat for record books?

The resulting report would make a great KOSGold marketing blurb.
Jaded Prole
$230.00 a bottle! Did you get it from a certain dwarf in the desert?

Absomphe
No way.

That's the real price.

She'd charge at least five beans, on a generous day.

I'll do it, as well, Oxy, but only because my "chosen", stereotypically cheap Jewish half can't resist getting a sample of $230 anything for free!
Oxygenee
Get those reviews rolling in!
Oxygenee
QUOTE(Jaded Prol @ Nov 6 2006, 07:57 PM) *

$230.00 a bottle! Did you get it from a certain dwarf in the desert?

Nope, straight from the master distributor.

It doesn't seem to be available for less from anywhere else.
crosby
QUOTE(The Standard Deviant @ Nov 6 2006, 06:13 AM) *

It makes me glad I haven't reviewed anything yet, otherwise I'd probably be tempted.

Word.
crosby
Eight reviews. blink.gif
traineraz
I don't think I've done enough reviews. If I had, I'd be more than happy to join in the joy.

Darnit. Oh well, my loss. I'll go cry in my beer now.

Ya know, Oxy, if the goal is to get people to submit more reviews, it might be a good idea to provide something they'd WANT to review . . .
Lord Stanley
It reminds me of the Married With Children episode where Peg referred to herself as a trophy wife and Al wondered what kind of contest from hell he had won.
pierreverte
>It doesn't seem to be available for less from anywhere else.

it's that damn absinthe mafia, i tell you!
Oxygenee
Yeah, it's a lot more fun when you're doing it, than when you're having it done to you, if you know what I mean.
peridot
I look at it kind of like earning your Red Wings. Almost nobody's going to envy you but it tends to command some respect due to having survived it.

The question is, which is worse? blink.gif
AndrewT
I like the idea of having a kind of mailing list for reviewers. It'd be nice to do this regularly. Maybe we can all take turns buying bottles to send out.
Alyssa Dyane
I think I have an adventurous enough spirit to take on this challenge. Now I just need to write 4 more reviews...I only have 4 kinds at home, and already reviewed one. Oh well, another excuse to buy more absinthe....
Lord Stanley
Oxy, make sure that you get a few chunks of those macerating herbs into each sample. I'm sure that KOS Gold just wouldn't be the same without them. And you don't want to rob The Chosen™ of that extra thujone kick.
Ari
Besides what would a KoSG review be without a smoking the undried floaty bits trip report?
Lord Stanley
Speaking of smoking, are the reviewers supposed to add a burning sugar cube? It may not be in the review guidelines but I'm assuming that the KOS bottle describes the Czech method as the proper way to serve their concoction. The colour before and after burning could be evaluated.

It certainly makes more sense than sitting there waiting for its Louche Action to kick in.
traineraz
Were Don still around, he might suggest you test it for Douche Action.

Since there will be 10 reviewers, perhaps 5 could flame and 5 could drip.

Unfortunately, I only have two reviews in the guide, so I can't be a KOSG reviewer. DAMN.

DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!
Artemis
And when you asked me to confirm a mailing address a few days ago, I assumed you had unearthed a sealed, full bottle of Absinthe Anti-Juive .........
Gertz
(Take a deep breath and step forward)

I volunteer.

After all, I had the regular KOS and survived to tell the tale.

I even have a small sample of it left, so I can make a side-by-side comparison to see if the gold version actually has more ballz-tripping power.
traineraz
Uh oh.

I now have three absinthes in the house, and have not reviewed any of them. That'd bring my total to five.

Cutoff is November 20, right? Hmm, I think I can wait two weeks . . .
zachM
I am certain I wrote at least five reviews but I would rather drink old beer than sample any more nasty absinth. THe last three absinth reviews I did broke me. Fee Verte's Elixier, Absinth Red(not sure who makes that swill but the bottle said Red Absinth), and Absinth 35. I can still taste the Absinth 35 when I think about it. Actually all of them are fairly distinct in my mind.
hartsmar
The would be Staroplzenecky Red...
traineraz
I thought about posting a review for the Brut d'Alembic last night, but then I'd be closer to five reviews.
peridot
I've done ten now. That's all I've got.
zachM
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Nov 13 2006, 11:27 AM) *

The would be Staroplzenecky Red...

Thanks! I wouldn't want to forget that name.
traineraz
Peridot, I believe that qualifies you for TWO samples of KOSG.
peridot
One to taste and review and one to use as fuel injector cleaner?

My most recent three reviews haven't been added to the guide yet. Hartsmar might be trying to protect me. tongue.gif
hartsmar
Nah, I've just been socializing with the outside world for a bit. My family hardly recognized me!
Either way, I'll add them (and a few new of my own) tonight.
Steyr850
Deleterious effects!
traineraz
QUOTE(peridot @ Nov 13 2006, 09:25 PM) *

Nope. One to taste and review.

And another to taste and review a week later. I hear it grows on you!
hartsmar
QUOTE(peridot @ Nov 13 2006, 09:25 PM) *

My most recent three reviews haven't been added to the guide yet.

Peridot,

I added the Franco Suisse (Clandestine Marianne) just now, but what are the other two?
I can't seem to find them...
peridot
Blanche de Fougerolles and Francois Guy. They're in the individual threads.
sea_of_lament
I might be interested.

Now, to do this review, would one just have to taste the KOS(g) or drink it all?

I don't remember if I have 5 reviews written though.
Absomphe
QUOTE(Steyr850 @ Nov 14 2006, 07:53 AM) *

Deleterious effects!

That name was in the running, but I chose Absomphe in the end...

Don't even think about it.
Alyssa Dyane
Dang! Here it is the 16th all ready, and I only have in 2 reviews! I need to get to stepping if I want to make the 10th deadline. Unfortunately, I only have two more brands at home, leaving me short 1 to review. I might have to bite the bullet and get an ouncer of some nasty absente at the liquor store, and take one for the team.
traineraz
QUOTE(Absomphe @ Nov 16 2006, 02:33 PM) *

That name was in the running, but I chose Absomphe in the end...

Don't even think about it.

sleepy.gif
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(peridot @ Nov 14 2006, 12:25 AM) *

One to review and one to send to your worst enemy.
peridot
Me: "You will give me the information I desire..."

My worst enemy: "NEVER! Do your worst!"

Me: "As you wish... Behold! The King of Spirits Gold!"

My worst enemy: "Agh! NO! I'll tell you anything!"

Me: "Heh, heh... too late... enjoy your convulsions..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.