Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So much for sofisticated, Mr Bond
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe in the News & in the Media
hartsmar
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001330...6530047,00.html

Daniel Craig didn't just get hot and sweaty for the role, he was also jetted over to Prague in the Czech Republic, the home of cheap beer, stunning architecture and Absinthe.

EDIT: WTF?! So much for my spelling! How's that for sophisticated?!
Alan
QUOTE(hartsmar @ Nov 16 2006, 01:18 AM) *

the home of

cheap beer,
stunning architecture
and Absinthe

Two out of three is higher than the Sun newspaper's normal standards of accuracy. But then most of the Sun's photos focus on the two attributes of various models.
badger
don't believe everything you read in the Sun. Of course Prague's the home of Absinthe, if it's in the Sun it must be true.
The Standard Deviant
How about:

Don't read The Sun.
Donnie Darko
Or anything else owned by Rupert Murdoch.
Alan
Owned by Murdoch:

Misc. Assets: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment | Fox News Talk | MySpace | IGN | National Rugby League (50%) | NDS Group | TV Guide
Newspapers: New York Post | News International Group : The Times | The Sunday Times | The Sun | News of the World | thelondonpaper | News Limited (Australian newspapers)
Studios: 20th Century Fox | 20th Century Fox Animation | 20th Century Fox Television | Blue Sky Studios | Fox Atomic | Fox Searchlight Pictures | Fox Faith | Fox Television Studios | Fox Studios Australia | Fox Studios Baja
US Broadcast Television Assets: Fox Broadcasting Company | Fox Television Stations Group | MyNetworkTV
US Cable Television Assets: Fox Movie Channel | Fox News Channel | Fox Reality Channel | Fox Soccer Channel | Fox Sports en Español | Fox Sports Net | Foxnet | FX Networks | FX (UK) | National Geographic Channel | National Geographic Channel (UK) | SPEED Channel | SportSouth | TV Guide Channel
International and Satellite Television Assets: BSkyB | bTV | DirecTV Group | Fox Sports en Latinoamérica | Foxtel | Sky Italia | STAR TV
Fox Television Stations Group: KDFW | KDVR | KMSP | KRIV | KSAZ | KSTU | KTBC | KTTV | KTVI | WAGA | WBRC | WDAF | WFLD | WFXT | WGHP | WHBQ | WITI | WJBK | WJW | WNYW | WOFL | WOGX | WTTG | WTVT | WTXF
MyNetworkTV Owned & Operated Television Stations: KCOP | KDFI | KTXH | KUTP | WDCA | WFTC | WPWR | WRBW | WUTB | WWOR

etc etc

Absomphe
Geez, what's left? wacko.gif
Alan
Is that a political question?
Jaded Prole
There's Independent Media and for the serious news hound, Ironic Times.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Alan @ Nov 19 2006, 03:03 PM) *

Owned by Murdoch:
Newspapers: New York Post | News International Group : The Times | The Sunday Times | The Sun | News of the World | thelondonpaper | News Limited (Australian newspapers)
etc etc

I don't read any of those, save for the occaisional laugh.

I'm watching The Simpsons right now though...

His entertainment outlets are tolerable. Anything of his that makes a pretense at journalism though is rubbish. Unless you consider ambulance chasing, political baiting and making up stories journalism.

I could be wrong though. Maybe that OJ Simpson "Here's how I got away with murder" book Murdoch is publishing is a great read.
The Standard Deviant
Perhaps someone could read it and apply the techniques to Murdoch. Then sell the story.
Donnie Darko
I love how Murdoch spun the story of them pulling the OJ book and interview. Fox local affiliates last night aired an interview with some "man on the street" saying how great it was that Murdoch "listened to the people and pulled the interview. That's why he's the world's #1 newsman!".

What a fresh steaming pile of bullshit. Bill O'Reilly ends up looking like a brave and sensitive guy for criticizing the parent company, and the parent company ends up looking like a hero for pulling the book and the interview, nevermind the book and interview being their sleazy product in the first place.

Are people really that gullible?
G&C
You really have to ask?

Donnie Darko
That was a pretty stupid question on my part...
Absomphe
I figured it was purely rhetorical.
traineraz
I'm more disgusted that OJ thought it'd be a neat idea.

"How I Got Away with Murder"

F*cking douchebag.
bjacques
Speaking of absinthe and James Bond, the otherwise cheesy movie xXx (starring Vin Diesel) has an opening scene that's guaranteed to elicit a laugh and a groan.

In Prague, a James Bond type in a dinner jacket is chasing some thug through a factory that's converted to a nightclub, while Rammstein are onstage playing "Feuer Frei." Upstairs another thug with a rifle knocks back a flaming absinthe (Hill's no doubt) and promptly plugs the James Bond character.

Which is why they send in Vin Diesel.

It goes downhill from there.

Later in the movie, he snowboards down the mountain into Prague. You know--*that* mountain.

het.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.