Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Santa Claus is coming to town
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > The Monkey Hole > The Newgate Calendar
Donnie Darko
Check out this puff piece on Gingrich.
http://money.cnn.com/2006/11/20/magazines/...dex.htm?cnn=yes

Gingrich is smarter than any of the self-proclaimed conservatives running for President, and he's also a far more compelling and charismatic speaker than any of them.

What that article doesn't tell you is that Gingrich's approach is not too dissimilar from Hilter's early inspiring Triumph-of-the-Will style Nationalism. His end goal is obviously not racial genocide, but his nationalism only allows for Americans who are the cream of his Social Darwinist crop, i.e. those who are already successful. This time around, rather than blaming all of the country's problems on welfare mothers and a lack of "family values", he'll take a very populist tone to get support for what will actually be strictly Social Darwinist policies.

His technique to win will again be the control of language via clever propaganda mechanisms: http://www.propagandacritic.com/articles/examples.newt.html , and he's better at it than any American today.

Pay careful attention to his doublespeak in the CNN article. He makes pretense at being incredibly humble, saying that he isn't "running" because running for president is what self-serving ego maniacs do, but that the American people may make him their oh-so-reluctant and humble leader by default because he's the most revolutionary guy on the planet. He then goes on to humbly compare himself to Abraham Lincoln.

This is one person you do NOT want to hand that kind of power to.
bob_chong
Wow--Godwin's Law met only three sentences into the primary post. Could be a new record.

While we're at it, which party loves national health care, social security, state-run schools, communal land development, centralized government control, and gun control? That shit is right out of the Munich Manifesto of 1920.

(See how easy this game is, DD?)
Stroller
And also the draft.....
Wild Bill Turkey
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Nov 20 2006, 07:30 PM) *

Wow--Godwin's Law met only three sentences into the primary post.
IPB Image
So the thread, like most of us, was born to die?
Donnie Darko
I'm just bored, trying to ferret out the conservatives. You all seem to have gone into hiding since November 7th.

While we're at it, which party loves national health care, social security, state-run schools, communal land development, centralized government control, and gun control?

Nearly every democratically elected party in power in the Western Hemisphere, except for the Republicans.

That shit is right out of the Munich Manifesto of 1920.

Godwin's law part deux: People who criticize others for Hitler comparisons often retaliate by comparing their ideological counterpart's ideas to Hitler's. The circle is complete.

It's also worth noting the above ideas you mentioned didn't originate in the Munich Manifesto anyway. They were in the Munich Manifesto because the ideas were already popular. Also note that many many many governments today successfully enact those ideas without slaughtering millions of Jews or ruling with an iron fist. What Nazis!
G&C
Yes and they still run a torch to the Olympic Stadium.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Nov 21 2006, 12:28 AM) *

QUOTE(bob_chong @ Nov 20 2006, 07:30 PM) *

Wow--Godwin's Law met only three sentences into the primary post.
IPB Image
So the thread, like most of us, was born to die?

All threads are born to die, and yet so many of the conversations seem to be reborn again and again.

So where can I get the absinth with the highest Thuj0ne?
Jaded Prole
Just when you think they are finally, unquestionable dead, Dr O. comes along
Donnie Darko
I prefer to call him Dr. Hitler.
Stroller
That's reserved for Hobgoblin.
traineraz
I miss Nobgoblin.

He made Donnie look moderate.
Donnie Darko
I am on the left side of moderate. Hobgoblin is on whatever side the "Zionists" are not on.

Political definitions seem to be upended these days, as the middle is now conservative-center, and not nearly as extremist as Bush, who is one of the least conservative (in the Goldwater definition) Presidents of this century.
traineraz
IPB Image
Santa's not coming this year.
Donnie Darko
Here's some Christmas cheer for you:

Wreath peace sign is symbol of satan

These are the same fucks that routinely mistake the star of david for a pentagram. Need proof of evolution? Look no further than this subdivision in Colorado, where you'll find some residents who still have ape-like brains.
bob_chong
Anyone who chooses to live in a neighborhood with a homeowners' association is basically begging for assholery. They'll fuck you for having the wrong color drapes, if visible from outside. Or for having an American flag. Etc.
Nymphadora
One of the algebra teachers at our school told all her students that the peace sign was a symbol of the devil. I had never heard of this before; when did peace become satanic?!
Stroller
The world is flat too.
AndrewT

The "round earth" hoax just scratches the surface!

http://www.fixedearth.com/
Stroller
F.E.S.
AndrewT
Using the "round Earth" theory, setting an object on the earth would be like setting grains of sand on a beach ball. Certainly a few grains would stay - right around the top, the surface is nearly horizontal - but when you stray too far from the absolute top of the ball, the grains of sand start sliding off and falling onto the ground. The Earth, if round, should behave in exactly the same fashion. Because the top is a very localized region on a sphere, if the Earth were in fact round, there would be only a very small area of land that would be at all inhabitable. Stray to the outside fringes of the "safe zone", and you start walking at a tilt. The further out you go, the more you slant, until your very survival is determined by the tread on your boots. Reach a certain point, and you slide off the face of the planet entirely. Obviously, something is wrong.
G&C
Do the people on the bottom of the earth have mag boots?
Stroller
That would explain why JMFranc sticks.
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(bob_chong @ Nov 27 2006, 11:07 PM) *

Anyone who chooses to live in a neighborhood with a homeowners' association is basically begging for assholery. They'll fuck you for having the wrong color drapes, if visible from outside. Or for having an American flag. Etc.

Good point. My uncle lives in a "planned community", and a few neighbors complained about some bushes he had planted. Fortunately my uncle had a well trained Doberman which would poop wherever he's told...
Donnie Darko
QUOTE(G&C @ Nov 28 2006, 02:17 AM) *

Do the people on the bottom of the earth have mag boots?

People in Australia would reply "No, hemisphere chauvinistic Americans do not have mag boots".
jacal01
And Lower Slobovians are waiting for their world to flip over so that they can become Upper Slobovians.
Donnie Darko
All members of the homeowner's board in Pagosa Springs, CO have resigned and the fines against the couple who had the peace sign wreath were dropped. Apparently the national attention their situation got encouraged several other residents of Pagosa to put up peace sign wreaths too.

Ha ha, I love it when assholes lose.
Jaded Prole
Back to Santa . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.