Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brevans Guide
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
vma125
Has anyone seen this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-1893-1st-MANUFACT...4QQcmdZViewItem
Steyr850
Might be a nice historic find, if original as stated.

Calling Oxy?
vma125
Already sold. A member maybe?
G&C
Me thinks so.
grey boy
QUOTE(G&C @ Dec 2 2006, 12:35 AM) *

Me thinks so.

Ya think?

Though this reminds me of an old thread.
Oxygenee
QUOTE(vma125 @ Dec 2 2006, 07:28 AM) *

For future reference:

The Forum policy is:
Don't mention ongoing (ie live) eBay auctions UNLESS
a.) the word "absinthe" is contained in the title
AND
b.) the bidding is already at such a level that it's clear other serious collectors are already involved.

Some members here expend a lot of time and thought in constructing and running searches on obscure words and phrases on eBay, precisely in the hope of finding something undiscovered that has escaped the attention of other collectors. To highglight an obscure but interesting current auction is to short circuit this process unfairly.

If you're in any doubt, err on the side of not mentioning the auction until it's run its course.
Donnie Darko
Unless of course you're the seller of the item, he he he...

Seriously though, that's a nice find. I've never seen a 1st edition hardcover of that before. I have a near mint condition 1972 hardcover of the de Brevans guide reprinted by Noyes press which I found for $11 at a rare book shop in New Jersey, but I'm skeptical that version is the entire de Brevans guide. It's part of a larger history of technology series so it may have been condensed.
G&C
QUOTE(grey boy @ Dec 1 2006, 08:57 PM) *
QUOTE(G&C @ Dec 2 2006, 12:35 AM) *

Me thinks so.

Ya think?

Though this reminds me of an old thread.

No. Not really. I just thought I'd say that.
Zman
I have a copy of that book (not the one that just sold on eBay). It is the whole book, not condensed. It borrows very heavily from Duplais, but then again most 19th Century distilling books do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.