Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absinthe Obstinée - Verte Suisse 69°
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthe Brands Discussion
Marc
Absinthe Obstinée

A green 69° Swiss absinthe, not so common for an Helvetic production.
40€/$55 a bottle.
I love the sober design of both the bottle and label.

And for those who can read french : Newspaper article

Thanks to Heure Verte!
peridot
The bottle is gorgeous.
Donnie Darko
The colour looks a little weird, kind of mustardy. I also noticed the drying absinthe plants in their barn look like 1st year plants (i.e. none of those delicious and aromatic flowers), so I'm curious what the wormwood profile would be like. But it is distilled and naturally coloured. I'm curious to hear what it tastes like from a knowledgeable taster.
Absomphe
I assume that it's just the newspaper photo, but there appear to be mustard seed floaties in there, as well.

It certainly does look naturally colored, though, and it seems like this one could be another "wild baby". w00t2.gif
Touch-money
Wow! I would have thought it was a bottle of nice wine if I were just glancing around in a store. I would like to try some now.
bob_chong
So how do we get it? Is it only currently available to the Swiss?
pierreverte
it was reviewed in july by the german absinthe forum:
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am.../language_tools

it doesn't appear to have caused much of a stir and presently the makers only sell in switzerland and do not know how to export. beautiful website and nice bottle, though...(the bottle used is a typical 'nuechâtel' white wine bottle).
Wild Bill Turkey
Sounds, from the translated review and discussion from that german forum, as though the mustardy color results from Ordinaire's blunder, accounting also for the unpleasant bitterness they describe.
traineraz
Nice bottle, distilled, etc., too bad about the Blunder.

Any chance someone can contact them and give them a heads-up? They could learn from their error if it's pointed out to them!
Alice the absinthe eater
that yellow louche reminds me of the one that comes from Tabu, but Tabu uses spinich as a colorant.
louched liver
Popeye ain't bitchin', then.
sixela
QUOTE(Wild Bill Turkey @ Dec 15 2006, 10:08 PM) *

Sounds, from the translated review and discussion from that german forum, as though the mustardy color results from Ordinaire's blunder, accounting also for the unpleasant bitterness they describe.

Doesn't taste like The Blunder to me - the Verte simply tastes like "too much colouring isn't good for you" to me, like a Markus proto #27, i.e. with pontica squashing everything else.
hartsmar
True. I can't recall thinking it was an O blunder there. It wasn't an excellent absinthe, but more of a verte than some of the other Swiss "laborations".
louched liver
It's called-
The Blunder
now?!

That's awesome.
That was 5 years
ago almost to the
day in Hell's Kitchen
NYC.
louched liver
Fabulous color.
Wonderful smell.
Great louche.

And people's faces
when they tried it?

Struggling not
to spit it out.

Couldn't have had
a better lesson
about AP vs. AA.
Stroller
Bump.

Label approved in January. 60.6%

IPB Image

IPB Image

Touch-money
Wow! I had totally forgotten about this until now! I will have to look into a bottle. Thanks for the bump of this thread and renewing my interest.
absinthist
Farewell 8.4%…
Provenance
I'm expecting someone to bottle an absinthe at 66.6%
Shabba53
Someone already did. Mansinthe.
Provenance
I stand corrected.

I do hate when reality outstrips sarcasm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.