Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alandia's new shop in US : Absinthiana
The Fée Verte Absinthe Forum - The Oldest, Largest, Most Authoritative Absinthe Forum. > Absinthe & Absinthiana > Absinthiana & Collectibles
Marc
From their newsletter :
And we have some interesting news for our US Absintheurs. When you need some Absinthe Accessories and want to save on shipping, check out our new US based Accessory Shop ABSINTHIANA. You can get Absinthe glasses, spoons, fountaines and much more there. Shipping is made from the US and for free for orders over 150$. (The deadline for christmas is 12/18/2006.)

http://www.absinthiana.com/absinthe/

Not sure it will please René...
Provenance
Don't be silly. Honest, reputable businesses in New Orleans are eager for...how do the Americans say... psychoactive-ballztripperz, to add spice to the competition.
hartsmar
Indeed... In their "Absinthe links" section they link to... Well, All Alandia related sites there is. And on one of them there's this wonderfully accurate information.

Asides from alcohol absinthe contains a number of different psychoactive substances. Among these thujon is of major importance, a substance released by the wormwood plant, known under the name artemisia absinthium. The effects of real absinthe can be mood brightening, stimulating even euphorizing.

http://www.absintheur-guide.de/brands/brands_english.htm

frusty.gif
ubu
They actually mentioned the tests that showed vintage absinthe had low t-jone levels, and then compared those levels to the levels in the "bitter spirits". Hmm, so the czech brands really are the closest thing to vintage. Here you have been battling ignorance all this time and it turns out Alandia was right all along. Yeah right.
Provenance
Euphorizing? vagina.gif
ubu
If they can make up history, they may as well make up words, too. I'm surprised I haven't heard that one before, since the high school I attended was full of pothead rednecks.
Kirk
The worst kind.
bob_chong
Which is the worst kind: rednecks who are potheads or potheads who are rednecks?
Absomphe
I don't know, which is heavier, a pound of feathers, or a pound of lead?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.